Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 13, 2008, 12:20:11 AM

Graham's blocking and recieving game is already on a level above Carnell's

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 13, 2008, 12:23:05 AM

pretty much life isn't fair.

Dunn is getting paid 3 million dollars a year, while Caddy was a RECENTLY A top 5 draft pick.  Based on those merits alone, those two will take carries away from Graham.  If Graham starts out slow in the first few games, you could see him demoted to the bench all together.

For all of those who follow sports or played sports, know that money and popularity play important roles as well as talent

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 13, 2008, 12:30:24 AM

The Bucs would be unable to punch it in at the goaline without Graham

#18 : April 13, 2008, 12:32:53 AM

If Caddy wouldn't have gone down, he would have put up better numbers than Graham did this year.

If he wouldn't have gone down? If, if, if......that seems to be a recurring theme. Kevin Jones, anyone?

And what have you seen from Carnell to validate that he would've done better than Graham? For one, his total yds would've been less because he's got hands of granite. And with him on the field, the chances of Garcia getting hurt increase because of his lack of pass-protection prowess.

Hate, I think you have to see if Graham can repeat those numbers.  I have that question for alot of players including Greg White, Jovan Haye, Barrett Ruud, Tanard Jackson, etc.

There is no doubt that Graham needs to prove himself....10 games is not enough to gauge how good he is or can be. However, we've seen Carnell in far more than 10 games and quite frankly, I've seen enuff.

As stated previously, this guy so reminds me of Kevin Jones..... another 1st rd oft-injured draft bust that doesn't even have a team right now.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 13, 2008, 12:35:14 AM

Carnell is just as good, if not better than Graham is.

I'm not saying Caddy should be handing the starting job, but you cant talk out of both sides of your mouth either.

What has Earnest Graham done? He started 10 games for us and was good. He doesn't deserve crap either

What is he better than Graham at what?

Making runs of 2 yards or less

Getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage

#20 : April 13, 2008, 12:37:06 AM

I so wish there was a way to hear what these Carnell supporters would say about him if he played for another team.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 13, 2008, 12:43:03 AM

Are you confident he could make another team?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 13, 2008, 12:51:29 AM

I'm sure some idiot will follow into this trap and this thread will go on forever in circles of
HATE: Caddy Sucks
POSTER: No, Caddy is going to be a HOF

If only there were real football news to discuss

dont know how long you have been a fan... but carnell is a hall of famer.
and he sucks.

HUH?!?!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#23 : April 13, 2008, 12:58:52 AM

If Caddy wouldn't have gone down, he would have put up better numbers than Graham did this year. Graham is a good running back but he benefited from a solid O-Line this year and a balanced offense with Garcia leading it. Caddy was running pretty solid to begin the season
1st 3 games before Carnell's injury. Carnell - 3.47 YPC. Graham - 6.76 YPC. Pittman - 5.33 YPC

Avg. for the season

Carnell - 3.9 YPC Longest run - 20 yards
Graham - 4.0 YPC Longest run - 21 yards
Pittman - 4.2 YPC Longest run - 29 yards

Carnell - 5.7 YPReception, Longest Reception - 8 yards
Graham - 6.6 YPR Longest Rec - 21 yards
Pittman - 7.3 YPR Longest Rec - 16

Carnell is a bigger myth and folk hero than Pecos Bill, or Paul Bunyan. Supposed homerun hitter rarely breaks off a long one. Can't catch or block. Only reason his shoes are in the Hall of Fame is because he broke free on a short yardage situation with all 11 guys on the LOS, and no one to tackle him in Minny, and 37 carries GB when Gruden was determined to have him break the record. Other than his first 3 games, he has been average at best, and below average many more times.

#24 : April 13, 2008, 01:00:39 AM

Carnell is a bigger myth and folk hero than Pecos Bill, or Paul Bunyan.

LMAO...... just spit bacardi & coke all over my monitor.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 13, 2008, 01:06:04 AM

I must admit I am a Williams homer, not, But while he is not a decent receiver nor pass protector not all of the blame can be placed on Williams alone.

1. Poor offensive line in 2005 and 2006
2. Poor qb play in 2005 and 2006
3. Bad coaching
4. Bad fit when he was drafted in 2005

#26 : April 13, 2008, 01:16:25 AM

I must admit I am a Williams homer, not, But while he is not a decent receiver nor pass protector not all of the blame can be placed on Williams alone.

4. Bad fit when he was drafted in 2005

Fully agree with #4.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 13, 2008, 01:21:11 AM

First of all, I SPECIFICALLY remember Graham having a longer run than you mention, and it, in fact, was a 28 yard td run.

Secondly, when you talk about Cadillac running in 2007, you are ignoring the FACT that the o-line was NOT blocking like it began to block even in the game he was hurt.

I SPECIFICALLY remember posting after the 2nd game, I believe it was, when many posterswere fussing about the blocking of the o-line, that I was seeing our line do what I NEVER remembered them doing before, which was rolling back the d-line about 2 or 3 yds on running plays.  The problem was that they were just rolling it back and not opening lanes for Cadillac to run through.  This resulted in a great deal of congestion about 2 yds downfield that left the rb nowhere to go or room to make any kind of move.

I posted that I believed, in a couple of games, as the o-line, with a 2nd year guard, a 2nd year ROT, a rookie LG and a LOT that was new to the team, gelled, you would see openings start being created for the rb to run through.

That DID happen......AFTER CADILLAC WAS HURT AND GRAHAM BECAME THE STARTING RB!!!  

I BEGAN to see it the game he was hurt, and he was running very well.  In fact he was hurt at the end of an 18 yard run, if I remember correctly.

Graham is a good rb......so is Cadillac.  Different styles.  Graham a power back.  Cadillac a back who can break tackles, and has 4.45 speed at 217 lbs, if I remember correctly.

.....just my opinion

#28 : April 13, 2008, 01:25:15 AM

.....and granite hands. Lets not leave that part out.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 13, 2008, 07:22:21 AM

Graham is not expendable if Caddy comes back, even if does get back to form you need 2 good RB's to compete at this level.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools