Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bounty Hunter

Rookie

#30 : April 13, 2008, 07:56:24 AM

There is no "Cadillac" in Tampa Bay.....there IS a Carnell Williams in the organization though.  And the Carnell I have seen has put together one season (his rookie one), but has done nothing since....well, except be injured.  CW had injury issues at Auburn and they have followed him into the NFL.  He split time at Auburn with Ronnie Brown, so he never had to "shoulder the load".

Sorry for you CW lovers, but the guy hasn't proved squat to me yet.

It is better to be perceived a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#31 : April 13, 2008, 11:47:35 AM

Graham is not expendable if Caddy comes back, even if does get back to form you need 2 good RB's to compete at this level.

Carnell and Graham in the backfield would still only equate to ONE good running back. Now the addition of Dunn makes two.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 13, 2008, 12:06:50 PM

I like Chris Johnson too, but in the second round.

JC510

Practice Squad

#33 : April 13, 2008, 12:34:23 PM

I love how people say Cadillac was Rookie of the Year and has done nothing since. You act like he was rookie of the year 8 years ago. In 2006 he started rough because the line in the 1st few games was embarrassing. Then Buenning got back, Trueblood and Joseph stepped in and Cadillac had a 4.2 ypc from weeks 5-12. Then Buenning got hurt and the line went to **** again.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 13, 2008, 12:38:46 PM

Chris won't be there for us in the 2nd round...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 13, 2008, 12:44:57 PM

Chris won't be there for us in the 2nd round...

I'm not so sure.

I think he is extremely over vauled by a lot of people here and could very well be left in the second round.

Even so, If the Bucs are eyeing up a RB in the draft I'd hope it would be a more prototypical back like Jonathan Stewart or Felix Jones.

Not a scat-back

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#36 : April 13, 2008, 12:45:18 PM

I love how people say Cadillac was Rookie of the Year and has done nothing since. You act like he was rookie of the year 8 years ago. In 2006 he started rough because the line in the 1st few games was embarrassing. Then Buenning got back, Trueblood and Joseph stepped in and Cadillac had a 4.2 ypc from weeks 5-12. Then Buenning got hurt and the line went to **** again.

Carnell was Rookie of the year because of 3 games. Rookie of the year because Gruden decided to give him 37.....count them, 37 carries in game 3 against Green Bay. He has done average at best since week 3 2005.

Buenning for Center....viva la Buenning.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 13, 2008, 01:09:15 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcsouth

Quote from: Pro Football Weekly
Tampa Bay
April 11, 2008  

but if Cadillac Williams comes back from a torn patellar tendon and is still the same back he always has been, Graham becomes expendable.

I think the whole discussion is a moot point.  I would be very surprised if Williams even plays at all this year, and if he somehow does then he's going to be less than 100%.  In fact, I would suggest the chances are far more likely that Williams never plays another regular season NFL game, than getting on to the field this year.  

Players who go out with an ACL can return the following year, but are not 100% till the year after that.  This injury was far more serious than an ACL.  Torn patellar tendon injuriess are extremely difficult to ever return from, especially for a RB.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/story/williams-likely-faces-long-painful-future/

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#38 : April 13, 2008, 01:15:04 PM

Carnell was Rookie of the year because of 3 games. Rookie of the year because Gruden decided to give him 37.....count them, 37 carries in game 3 against Green Bay. He has done average at best since week 3 2005.

Whew, a thread I can sum up in three simple points. Those don't come along ofter.

-Caddy was good the 2nd half of his rookie season.

-PFT rarely, if ever, knows what they are talking about.

-Hate, you need post no more. We all know what is going to be said for the billionth time....

#39 : April 13, 2008, 01:21:48 PM

Carnell was Rookie of the year because of 3 games.

I attribute him winning ROY to lack of competition. Had he come out a year later, he'd have been an afterthought. Look at the #'s Jones-Drew put up and I believe he was 3rd in the voting.

#40 : April 13, 2008, 01:24:43 PM

-Hate, you need post no more. We all know what is going to be said for the billionth time....

One would think it would be fairly simple for someone as knowledgable as yourself to avoid any thread where I mention Carnell for the "billionth" time.

JC510

Practice Squad

#41 : April 13, 2008, 01:29:35 PM

Buenning for Center....viva la Buenning.

It wasn't just because of 3 games.

Week 11 he had 129 total yards
Week 12 he had 91 total yards
Week 13 he had 103 total yards
Week 14 he had 116 total yards
Week 16 he had 160 total yards

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#42 : April 13, 2008, 01:30:29 PM

No, see I'm trying to avoid FUTURE threads where you mention him for the billionth+ times. Also, I couldn't tell it was another blast Carnell thread, as it wasn't clearly labeled so. May I suggest doing so, to save others' from making the same mistake as me?

#43 : April 13, 2008, 01:40:52 PM

No, see I'm trying to avoid FUTURE threads where you mention him for the billionth+ times. Also, I couldn't tell it was another blast Carnell thread, as it wasn't clearly labeled so. May I suggest doing so, to save others' from making the same mistake as me?

I think the author of the thread is clearly displayed prior to opening it. Might i suggest in order to prevent getting your panties in a bunch that you avoid all of my threads as to not read a Carnell-bashing post for the billionth and oneth time.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the original post in this thread asks a legitimate question for which i have yet to receive an answer.

What about the return of Carnell would make Graham expendable?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 13, 2008, 02:09:30 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcsouth

Quote from: Pro Football Weekly
Tampa Bay
April 11, 2008  

Garcia, Graham looking to extend stays in Tampa

Despite the burning questions about players coming off significant injuries at key spots like left tackle and running back, most of the news from the Buccaneers’ first round of organized team activities was generated off the field. QB Jeff Garcia expressed frustration about the stalled negotiations concerning his desired contract extension. RB Earnest Graham didn’t even show up to the workouts, which was initially reported as a sign of his displeasure with his current deal, though Graham later told reporters there was no problem and he was away taking care of family matters. The Bucs find themselves in a difficult position because the two disgruntled players, each of whom has one year remaining on his current deal, comprised their starting backfield for most of last season and likely will again in 2008. At age 38, Garcia may be looking for a longer deal than Tampa is willing to offer. Graham had a breakout season last year, but if Cadillac Williams comes back from a torn patellar tendon and is still the same back he always has been, Graham becomes expendable. While handing out new deals would certainly put to rest two potential distractions heading into training camp, the Bucs have some flexibility, with good depth at quarterback and running back, and still have the draft in April to make moves if they decide to move on without Garcia and Graham after next season. Don’t expect Tampa to rush toward the negotiating table with either player this spring.

Other than being an over-hyped one-dimensional oft-injured back that lacks breakaway speed and is a liability both as a pass protector and pass receiver, what has Carnell shown throughout his pro career that would make Graham expendable?

Seriously?

Frickin' totally correct! What was the bum that wrote this propaganda thinking??!?

If ANYTHING Caddys the expendible one! I really don't believe the bucs would/could give Graham up. That would be idiotic. Even if he wants a pay raise. I'm willing to bet that Graham will put up more yards (baring injury) than backs like Turner "the burner", NYG's combined backs, and even Portis just to name a few. He has high steps when running, knows when to duck shoulders down, and (one thing I love to see) holds on to the ball. Great fundamentals in general. What he lacks in speed and quickness, he makes up for with tenacity and constant forward movement. Something that seemed to be lacking when Caddy came back the time before, the time before.

Sure, Caddy was awesome when he first came here. After Gruden overran him, he hasn't ever been the same. Darby, Bennet, Dunn, Graham is all we need. From all this talk I hear on this MB, we don't even need a good RB...Our Oline is supposed to be good, maybe great.

If Graham wants more money than L.T. .. NO WAY. But if he's just wanting regular starter pay, sure, by all means..He's supposed to be STARTING after all! Der.

And for you naysayers....... c'mon

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools