Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 15, 2008, 10:20:47 AM

Carnell is just as good, if not better than Graham is.

What ever gave you that impression?  What aspects of his game are better?

I'm not saying Caddy should be handing the starting job, but you cant talk out of both sides of your mouth either.

What has Earnest Graham done?  He started 10 games for us and was good.  He doesn't deserve crap either

Not exactly sure where the deserve battle is going, but for fun anyone have  ten straight games for Caddy and do a lil unscientific comparison?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 15, 2008, 10:26:34 AM

If Caddy wouldn't have gone down, he would have put up better numbers than Graham did this year.  Graham is a good running back but he benefited from a solid O-Line this year and a balanced offense with Garcia leading it.  Caddy was running pretty solid to begin the season and he scares defenses a lot more than Earnest Graham.  I think Graham is good enough for our offense to be great, but im just saying, Caddy would have had a great year last year with our offense...too bad he went down like that.

I think I got to go all Grandpa Smack on you....   And if the dog hadn't stop to sniff his arse he would have caught the rabbit.   /grandpa

Grandma with the follow up....  Would a, should a, could a;  don't pay the rent. /grandma.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 15, 2008, 10:32:43 AM

First of all, I SPECIFICALLY remember Graham having a longer run than you mention, and it, in fact, was a 28 yard td run.

Secondly, when you talk about Cadillac running in 2007, you are ignoring the FACT that the o-line was NOT blocking like it began to block even in the game he was hurt.

I SPECIFICALLY remember posting after the 2nd game, I believe it was, when many posterswere fussing about the blocking of the o-line, that I was seeing our line do what I NEVER remembered them doing before, which was rolling back the d-line about 2 or 3 yds on running plays.  The problem was that they were just rolling it back and not opening lanes for Cadillac to run through.  This resulted in a great deal of congestion about 2 yds downfield that left the rb nowhere to go or room to make any kind of move.

I posted that I believed, in a couple of games, as the o-line, with a 2nd year guard, a 2nd year ROT, a rookie LG and a LOT that was new to the team, gelled, you would see openings start being created for the rb to run through.

That DID happen......AFTER CADILLAC WAS HURT AND GRAHAM BECAME THE STARTING RB!!! 

I BEGAN to see it the game he was hurt, and he was running very well.  In fact he was hurt at the end of an 18 yard run, if I remember correctly.

Graham is a good rb......so is Cadillac.  Different styles.  Graham a power back.  Cadillac a back who can break tackles, and has 4.45 speed at 217 lbs, if I remember correctly.

No the line didn't magically get better when EG touched the ball.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 15, 2008, 10:45:50 AM

Not magically, developmentally.  As it gelled.

.....just my opinion

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 15, 2008, 10:57:43 AM

Not magically, developmentally.  As it gelled.

Right, with in a few seconds while Caddy exited and EG jogged on the field.   I think I even caught it, the hand of football god came down, it was oddly scaly looking, and touched each one of the oline guys and they gelled, just like that. 

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#80 : April 15, 2008, 12:11:14 PM

Are you DELIBERATELY misunderstanding and distorting what I am saying?  I said you could see it happening, and it was looking better even in that game BEFORE Caddy was hurt.  He was having a good game, and was hurt at the end of an 18 yard run.

I am not downing what Graham did, I think he is a good running back and should be our starting running back and should be featured.

.....just my opinion

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 15, 2008, 12:23:48 PM

Are you DELIBERATELY misunderstanding and distorting what I am saying? I said you could see it happening, and it was looking better even in that game BEFORE Caddy was hurt. He was having a good game, and was hurt at the end of an 18 yard run.

I am not downing what Graham did, I think he is a good running back and should be our starting running back and should be featured.

He's gotta earn that in camp IMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#82 : April 15, 2008, 07:51:30 PM

With Bennett and Dunn his competition, I don't expect there to be much of a problem for him to earn it.  Especially with his record of playing so well in preseason.

If we draft Jonathon Stewart, that may be another situation.  He would at least have some competition as a feature back.

.....just my opinion

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#83 : April 15, 2008, 08:48:22 PM

bucjoe ,email me.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#84 : April 15, 2008, 09:04:19 PM

Carnell is just as good, if not better than Graham is.

I'm not saying Caddy should be handing the starting job, but you cant talk out of both sides of your mouth either.

What has Earnest Graham done? He started 10 games for us and was good. He doesn't deserve crap either

What is he better than Graham at what?

1. Better at being disliked by you obviously
2. He is faster
3. Has better cutting ability

He has never run behind a good line, if for not getting hurt last year he is a 1,000 yard rusher...easy

Any other questions???

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools