Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent DE: Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

FlexXVI

Second String
: December 09, 2006, 12:18:17 PM

Which one of these free agent DEs would you like to see the Bucs pursue?  Freeney is one of the best pass rushers in the league, but Smith is probably a more complete player, is improving, and would come with a cheaper price tag.  Discuss . . .

#1 : December 09, 2006, 12:23:18 PM

Freeney's sole mission is to sack the qb while spinning away from tackling the rb. Add to that he only has 2.5 sacks thus far along with comanding BIG $$$... i'll pass.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 09, 2006, 12:26:18 PM

Freeney.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 09, 2006, 12:34:28 PM

Freeney makes the whole defense better immediately. The reason for his low sacks is because he's played the whole season on a very bad ankle. People don't hear about it much because he doesn't **CENSORED**. I doubt the Colts let him out of Indy. They will probably franchise him.

Dominico

Starter

#4 : December 09, 2006, 01:13:59 PM

I want Jared Allen. I know he has had some off the field issues, but he has a non stop motor, is a complete player, and he would bring a much needed nasty side to our D.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 09, 2006, 01:24:02 PM

I'd take freeney in a heart beat and team him up with rice, have to speed rushers on the outside, and draft or sign a big fat dt to clog up the middle.  Freeney is good for usually 10+ sacks a year and team him with rice  who usually is good for about 7 + sacks a year could be a good tadem. i DONT KNOW WHAT THIS WHOLE  rice can't play the run thing and freeney can't play the run thing is, they both can play the run its just usually pushed right back into the DT  because they take there outside routes to the QB

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 09, 2006, 01:28:56 PM

i'd go for freeney.he can rush the passer better.smith is a good solid guy.if we got either guy or drafted a guy who can replace spires or maybe rice in the future that would be fine.if we got rid of spires we could always resign d.white to slide onto his position.we definately need a replacement for rice in the future.be it 2007 or whenever.however if we wanted to keep d.white,sign either free agent,and draft a guy ala g.adams that would fix the position for years to come.all that is for sure is we need some help there.

SB4TB

Starter

#7 : December 09, 2006, 02:03:14 PM

I want Jared Allen. I know he has had some off the field issues, but he has a non stop motor, is a complete player, and he would bring a much needed nasty side to our D.

for real, Allen is a beast!!! Out of those two though, I'd take Freeney.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 09, 2006, 02:11:57 PM

Well, Freeney may be priced completely out of the market for a team like the Bucs who need a lot of help and not just one key player on the DL.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#9 : December 09, 2006, 02:19:05 PM

Dwight

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#10 : December 09, 2006, 02:53:28 PM

Freeney's sole mission is to sack the qb while spinning away from tackling the rb. Add to that he only has 2.5 sacks thus far along with comanding BIG $$$... i'll pass.

Amen.  Sounds like someone currently on the roster doesn't it?

coopsxx

Starter
#11 : December 09, 2006, 04:18:37 PM

Adelious Thomas, at 270 he would be a DE in are system

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 09, 2006, 04:59:36 PM

Adelious Thomas, at 270 he would be a DE in are system

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#13 : December 09, 2006, 07:57:58 PM

i'd go for freeney.he can rush the passer better.smith is a good solid guy.if we got either guy or drafted a guy who can replace spires or maybe rice in the future that would be fine.if we got rid of spires we could always resign d.white to slide onto his position.we definately need a replacement for rice in the future.be it 2007 or whenever.however if we wanted to keep d.white,sign either free agent,and draft a guy ala g.adams that would fix the position for years to come.all that is for sure is we need some help there.

great idea

but are you kidding me..rice good for only 7+ sacks a year??? LMFAO..do you know what your talking about..hes had the most sacks per year for any defensive end ever..the past 5 years hes averaged 14 sacks a year..hes also had other years with 16 sack seasons..hes probablt the bets PASS rushing defensive end ever

7+ sacks a year!LOL

thats like saying peyton mannings good for about 2000+ yards a season

conlon1

Starter

#14 : December 09, 2006, 11:30:07 PM

Ill take Freeney please and galdy overlook his 2.5 sacks this year ...... and take a look at the rest of his 4 seasons where he has posted double digits every year. The man is a freak. And after a 2.5 sack year he will be much cheaper now then ever.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent DE: Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools