Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent DE: Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 09, 2006, 11:52:40 PM

Adelious Thomas, at 270 he would be a DE in our system

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 10, 2006, 01:04:35 AM

first of all b+b,where did i post anything about rice's production.2nd of all the question was about freeney or smith.where is your comment on that rookie?you'd better think before writing on this board man.lastly i am intitled to my opinion.if you don't agree with it then fine.post something better instead of coming on here and trying to attack me and my viewpoints.just keep it up man.you will get roasted over and over rookie.i guess you'll just have to learn the hard way.

Huey Freeman

Starter
#17 : December 10, 2006, 02:46:20 AM

Charles Grant

Dominico

Starter

#18 : December 10, 2006, 03:54:13 AM

i'd go for freeney.he can rush the passer better.smith is a good solid guy.if we got either guy or drafted a guy who can replace spires or maybe rice in the future that would be fine.if we got rid of spires we could always resign d.white to slide onto his position.we definately need a replacement for rice in the future.be it 2007 or whenever.however if we wanted to keep d.white,sign either free agent,and draft a guy ala g.adams that would fix the position for years to come.all that is for sure is we need some help there.

great idea

but are you kidding me..rice good for only 7+ sacks a year??? LMFAO..do you know what your talking about..hes had the most sacks per year for any defensive end ever..the past 5 years hes averaged 14 sacks a year..hes also had other years with 16 sack seasons..hes probablt the bets PASS rushing defensive end ever

7+ sacks a year!LOL

thats like saying peyton mannings good for about 2000+ yards a season

RICE POSSIBLY THE BEST PASS RUSHING DE EVER???????????  That might be the dumbest and funniest thing I have ever heard.  First of all check your stats before you start throwing random ones out there.  Secondly Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Kevin Greene, John Randle, Michael Strahan..... these guys not only have more sacks than Simeon, there is NO QUESTION they are better players!!!!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 10, 2006, 09:20:55 AM

The Rice thing is totally another post, but facts are he has been one of the top pass rushing DE's in the past 5 years. But on to the Freeney vs Smith - hands down I'd rather have Smith.  Maybe if we had a DT that could get some pressure up the middle, then maybe Freeney, but without that inside pressure Freeney ain't gonna get it done [ie. this year - plain and simple they put 2 guys on him and take him outta the game] and I don't see where we are going to find that DT this year in either the draft or FA.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#20 : December 10, 2006, 10:08:22 AM

i'd go for freeney.he can rush the passer better.smith is a good solid guy.if we got either guy or drafted a guy who can replace spires or maybe rice in the future that would be fine.if we got rid of spires we could always resign d.white to slide onto his position.we definately need a replacement for rice in the future.be it 2007 or whenever.however if we wanted to keep d.white,sign either free agent,and draft a guy ala g.adams that would fix the position for years to come.all that is for sure is we need some help there.

great idea

but are you kidding me..rice good for only 7+ sacks a year??? LMFAO..do you know what your talking about..hes had the most sacks per year for any defensive end ever..the past 5 years hes averaged 14 sacks a year..hes also had other years with 16 sack seasons..hes probablt the bets PASS rushing defensive end ever

7+ sacks a year!LOL

RICE POSSIBLY THE BEST PASS RUSHING DE EVER??????????? That might be the dumbest and funniest thing I have ever heard. First of all check your stats before you start throwing random ones out there. Secondly Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Kevin Greene, John Randle, Michael Strahan..... these guys not only have more sacks than Simeon, there is NO QUESTION they are better players!!!!!

check my stats..rice posts double digit sacks year after year..people like strahan and bruce smith got a couple of very big sack seasons which brought there career stats up and than didn't do much the rest of the time..rice averageds more sacks per year than strahan, and is very close to the others..the only reason hes not is because this has been his one injury year

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#21 : December 10, 2006, 10:54:30 AM

great idea

7+ sacks a year!LOL

RICE POSSIBLY THE BEST PASS RUSHING DE EVER??????????? That might be the dumbest and funniest thing I have ever heard. First of all check your stats before you start throwing random ones out there. Secondly Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Kevin Greene, John Randle, Michael Strahan..... these guys not only have more sacks than Simeon, there is NO QUESTION they are better players!!!!!

check my stats..rice posts double digit sacks year after year..people like strahan and bruce smith got a couple of very big sack seasons which brought there career stats up and than didn't do much the rest of the time..rice averageds more sacks per year than strahan, and is very close to the others..the only reason hes not is because this has been his one injury year

Micheal Strahan:
2001: 62 solo, 11 ast, 22.5 sacks
2002: 57 solo, 14 ast, 11.0 sacks
2003: 60 solo, 15 ast, 18.5 sacks
2004: 25 solo, 10 ast, 4.0 sacks (played 8 games)
2005: 61 solo, 21 ast, 11.5 sacks
2006: 25 solo, 8 ast, 3.0 sacks (played 8 games)

Simeon Rice:
2001: 39 solo, 5 ast, 11.0 sacks
2002: 41 solo, 9 ast, 15.5 sacks
2003: 45 solo, 5 ast, 15.0 sacks
2004: 35 solo, 5 ast, 12.0 sacks
2005: 33 solo, 7 ast, 14.0 sacks (played 15 games)
2006: 16 solo, 4 ast, 2.0 sacks (played 8 games)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent DE: Dwight Freeney or Justin Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools