Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This one isn't on the defense........... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« : October 09, 2006, 10:10:09 AM »

Not sure why so many are killing the defense. Was the Duece run ugly, yes it was, but damn they only gave up 17 points and under 300 yards of offense. The Saints have a very good offense right now and the Bucs held them to 3-8 on 3rd down ( I think). The defense gave this team everything it needed to win this. Not sure how many yards the Saints had in the second half but it wasn't much. This isn't the 2002 defense here, you can't expect dominant performances like before, we're all spoiled form that......

The Good:
- Not giving up a TD after the Grads TO.
- Not giving up a TD after the Saints had it 1st and goal
- Secondary played great with little to no pass rush
- gave up only 17 points (should be enough to win) and 0 points in the second half......

The Bad
- arm tackles
- rushing yards
- no pass rush
- no sacks
- no TO's
- Booger Mac

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #1 : October 09, 2006, 10:12:18 AM »

They did give up a TD after the fumble.....Brees hit Conwell.....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 09, 2006, 10:13:17 AM »

Fourth consectutive game of 100+ rushing yards.  Lets not sugercoat it the run defense is bad so far.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 09, 2006, 10:13:52 AM »

They did give up a TD after the fumble.....Brees hit Conwell.....

shlt, my bad.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 09, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »

The D stank, fact.

They looked like a bunch of Keystone Cops throwing themselves around out there.....the tackling sucked, the worst I have ever seen.

watson

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 09, 2006, 10:19:06 AM »

You have to put this one on the defense.  They gave up too many yards on the ground and didn't get any pressure on the QB, much less any turnovers.  The offense put up 21 points and did it without a turnover to help them like the Saints D did for their offense.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #6 : October 09, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »

The defense has been put in some tough situations this year by the offense, but only once in this game(turnover by Grad.)  With that said, I cannot come up with a conclusion as to why Rhonde is playing so poorly as well as other veterans.  People who say things about Rice are nuts and don't watch the game; if it wasn't for him, the quarterback could cook lunch in the pocket.  Again, I say it loudly, doesn't the coach come into play with how defense is performing or is he just responsible for the offense?  The man will not be in Tampa next year and many posters need to get used to this fact.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 09, 2006, 10:21:24 AM »

The D stank, fact.

They looked like a bunch of Keystone Cops throwing themselves around out there.....the tackling sucked, the worst I have ever seen.

The run D stank in the first half, that's fact. Other than that the D played pretty well, IMO. Maybe I'm too positive about it but liked more than I disliked from them yesterday.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 09, 2006, 10:24:19 AM »

You have to put this one on the defense.  They gave up too many yards on the ground and didn't get any pressure on the QB, much less any turnovers.  The offense put up 21 points and did it without a turnover to help them like the Saints D did for their offense.

But the defense gave up 17 points in the first half right?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 09, 2006, 10:53:50 AM »

The D stank, fact.

And with all that the Saints needed a punt return for a late score to beat the bucs.  The problems with STs continue.  Bad punt, bad coverage.  And from an All Pro punter.  Scheesh.  What is next.  PS, am I the only one that saw both the 20 yard line and the sidelines take down Sonic??

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsAddict

Starter

« #10 : October 09, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »

If you disregard their inability to tackle , I'll agree.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #11 : October 09, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »

The defense, once our best asset, has become below average. Missed tackcles, no pass rush to speak of, bad safety play and age, we are in need of high draft picks and some prime FA's this offseason. It will be addressed.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

« #12 : October 09, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »

And with all that the Saints needed a punt return for a late score to beat the bucs.  The problems with STs continue.  Bad punt, bad coverage.  And from an All Pro punter.  Scheesh.  What is next.  PS, am I the only one that saw both the 20 yard line and the sidelines take down Sonic??

Sonic?  What are you saying?  I'm not understanding...

BucsAddict

Starter

« #13 : October 09, 2006, 11:26:07 AM »

I think hes calling Bush - "Sonic" from the game Sonic the Hedgehog

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 09, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »

He's talking about Pittman because he runs like Sonic
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This one isn't on the defense........... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools