Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FINDING PEACE WITH IT « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rocko23

Hall of Famer
: October 09, 2006, 10:12:04 AM

Team, hard as it is , and we know its hard ,we must come to grips with the fact that this D has had 9 years in the top 10 and its just time for that change. Defence is what attracted me to be a Buc fan even back in the day.  We  hold our D in such high standards its hard to believe they are playing like this. the last 2 games were lost late in the game because of poor play from  the defensive side of the ball.  Rome was not built in a day but we do have money to spend next year on FA and with a top 10 pick on defence i don't think the wait will be long to see a good fast and hard hitting Defence back on the field. just look at that Bear defence, that was us.

I love the growth our offence is experiencing its like watching a child grow,  the WR, TE, RB and even the o-line.  the cool part is we will play the falcons, panthers, and saints again and if the current defence can stop the bleeding just maybe we can win those games and a few more, maybe!  So guys kick back enjoy the growth and change to come its not that bad its just unexpected and i think that's what really hurts.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 09, 2006, 10:13:45 AM

Oh, I came to peace with it a long time ago. I'm not a player loyalist. Trade Brooks and Rice now while they command still value.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 09, 2006, 10:14:33 AM

Being optimistic is good but lets not forget the defense is showing its age this year.  It appears the window of opportunity has been slammed shut and now we have to rebuild the D.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : October 09, 2006, 10:18:14 AM

Being optimistic is good but lets not forget the defense is showing its age this year.  It appears the window of opportunity has been slammed shut and now we have to rebuild the D.
So are you for or against trading Brooks and/or Rice if another team wanted them?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 09, 2006, 10:19:32 AM

So are you for or against trading Brooks and/or Rice if another team wanted them?

If the trade was right I have no problem with that, add Booger to the list.  DB will retire a Buc though.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : October 09, 2006, 10:21:00 AM

I don't mind signing Brooks for the old 1 day contract...but I don't care what another team is offering I'd take it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 09, 2006, 10:22:37 AM

I don't mind signing Brooks for the old 1 day contract...but I don't care what another team is offering I'd take it.

Blasphemy

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 09, 2006, 10:23:40 AM

i open for getting the best player in here to play D, sorry i love the old guys but we have to move on

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : October 09, 2006, 11:10:45 AM

Blasphemy
Smart management

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 09, 2006, 11:14:16 AM

Smart management

for the love of all that is good get that pic out of here Abuccs!!!! Please, I'm begging you....

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 09, 2006, 11:15:40 AM

for the love of all that is good get that pic out of here Abuccs!!!! Please, I'm begging you....
Let me hear you say "Rice is overrated"

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 09, 2006, 11:45:52 AM

man that pic is killing me to

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 09, 2006, 12:06:06 PM

Saw signs the past couple of years that the defense was starting to regress. Not all at once, but a few times here and there when they couldn't close out games or gave up big rushing yards every now and then. We all knew it was coming at some point and maybe 2005 was the last hurrah. We all want the defensive dominance to go on forever, but unfortunately it can't with the same people. I have no problem trading Simeon, but want to keep Derrick here for the remainder of the season for leadership if nothing else. What's his contract status for next year? Maybe then time to move on.

#13 : October 09, 2006, 12:59:03 PM

If the trade was right I have no problem with that, add Booger to the list.  DB will retire a Buc though.

Phew...Agreed.  :)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 09, 2006, 01:08:50 PM

You couldn't get ding dong for Brooks and unless Rice hits the gas peddle you might not get jack for him either. Brooks would garner a 3rd round pick and he isn't going anywhere anyway, he may retire but no trades.

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FINDING PEACE WITH IT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools