Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FINDING PEACE WITH IT « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#15 : October 09, 2006, 01:45:39 PM

I want to see the defense rebuild while Kiffin is still here to mentor the draft picks. Who knows how long Monte will be around or will want to be around. He will get offers to be a head coach and at some point he may be interested in being one.

K-Swiss

Starter

#16 : October 09, 2006, 02:31:57 PM

Probably not the popular vote, but if I were GM/HC or anyone with say-so.......

What's wrong with keeping an aging player on the practice squad while they help to train their younger replacements?  Helps them to be a significant part of the teams success and they could retire from there.....

Honestly, they would know more about the little dynamics that a player from the other team brings, and they could use that knowledge during practice to help with game-planning.  I think that would be the best way to pass the torch, but I understand that these guys dont believe their talent level is slipping that much.  Just a thought......

Offense is young and growing, Defense is showing the years of being #1 or close.  That ain't easy either

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 09, 2006, 03:59:30 PM

maybe we can get some FA from the Bears and other teams that run our cover 2 D

rombarrone

Starter

#18 : October 09, 2006, 04:26:23 PM

For those saying the offense is "young and growing" the only promise as far as playmakers go is Smith and Caddy. I don't think we can count on a TE to be our star receiver once Joey is gone...Most likely this year btw. And if not, def 2007. We need more receivers.

#19 : October 09, 2006, 04:30:33 PM

I am very accepting of the fact that this defense is coming to a close and only players like Phillips, Allen, Ruud, and maybe Kelly are the future or immediate future; and the rest of the defensive starters are washed up and on their way out.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FINDING PEACE WITH IT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools