Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could veterans be laying down? « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 09, 2006, 10:13:36 AM

Our defense has been called on for so long they just might be worn out.  Or it may be that they have had it with trying to make a "system" look good for our awesome head coach and starting all over agains with a new QB.  If they don't feel that way, I sure do.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 09, 2006, 10:15:16 AM

I highly doubt Bucs defensive players are lying down becuase they have great respect for Monte.  Not to mention the offense was moving the chains and scoring points.  Lets not make excuses for the poor play of the defense. 

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : October 09, 2006, 10:16:56 AM

Is this a conspiracy theory??? I expect everyone who attacked PreferNFL to lay into this guy.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 09, 2006, 10:22:46 AM

You can lay into me already, but it has to be considered.  I believe he has lost control of his team and it is starting to show in the performance on the field.  IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 09, 2006, 10:25:17 AM

the only thing this team has lost is youth and speed on defence

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 09, 2006, 10:25:39 AM

I think it would be very difficult to be a vet and have high hopes for this season, as we had and to be staring 0-4 in the face and still play with urgency as if you where making the moves that need to be to make the playoff push. I'm sure is a drag.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 09, 2006, 10:27:53 AM

I think it would be very difficult to be a vet and have high hopes for this season, as we had and to be staring 0-4 in the face and still play with urgency as if you where making the moves that need to be to make the playoff push. I'm sure is a drag.

If that is the case they will be benched and younger player that are hugry will receive playing time.  It is as simple as that.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2006, 10:39:34 AM

I don't think its effort either dalbuc, I think its just age and the fact we are struggling so, its tough to be at the twilight of your career and go thru this.

Baghead #2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 09, 2006, 10:42:30 AM

You can lay into me already, but it has to be considered. I believe he has lost control of his team and it is starting to show in the performance on the field. IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought the thread title was a reach - Scheesh.  How about there are a bunch of D linemen not getting it done and it exposes the age of the D, or maybe the new coaches are struggling, or martians....  All more likely.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could veterans be laying down? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools