Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac on Sirius Radio 1 pm today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#30 : April 15, 2008, 03:52:04 PM

Gimme a breack he was falling on his knee before the hit. The Hit just furthr hyperflexed the knee. freak Injury..  As far as PUP will have to see how he heals.. cant make that call until summer.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#31 : April 15, 2008, 03:52:51 PM

He tries to take on the safety, and simply isn't strong enough to do so:

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=C92343444FB7A56577EB40FCC53CC284?videoId=09000d5d802d8b47

The injury isn't a coaching issue, unless the coach is supposed to remind him that he isn't really a very strong player.

His foot got caught in the turf as he was planting to take on the safety. That's when the injury occurred. We've seen Carnell take on guys much bigger than safeties before with no problem, it had nothing to do with his strength.

Watch the Video. The video says otherwise. In fact, his right cleat is almost completely off the ground. This wasn't a cleat getting stuck issue. He takes on the safety and gets pushed back and into the ground.

I like the kid in general like you all do, but let's not pretend to make this more than it is. He is simply over matched by Chris Harris on this play.

I paused it just before there was contact, and his knee is already twisted up in an awkward postion as he planted. You can't clearly see it (in this video) but his foot was on the ground as he braced for the contact. After contact is made his foot stays in the same place while the rest of his body changes direction and his left cleat slips on the turf. It was almost as if he did a split. The hit itself wasn't even all that vicious, just a freak accident and a combination of one foot staying put and the other slipping.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 15, 2008, 04:12:06 PM

He tries to take on the safety, and simply isn't strong enough to do so:

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=C92343444FB7A56577EB40FCC53CC284?videoId=09000d5d802d8b47

The injury isn't a coaching issue, unless the coach is supposed to remind him that he isn't really a very strong player.

His foot got caught in the turf as he was planting to take on the safety. That's when the injury occurred. We've seen Carnell take on guys much bigger than safeties before with no problem, it had nothing to do with his strength.

Watch the Video. The video says otherwise. In fact, his right cleat is almost completely off the ground. This wasn't a cleat getting stuck issue. He takes on the safety and gets pushed back and into the ground.

I like the kid in general like you all do, but let's not pretend to make this more than it is. He is simply over matched by Chris Harris on this play.

You're wrong Curt. The field was horrible on the sidelines, and his foot slipped out while he was cutting back inside, and Harris knocked his body over his foot.

Could have happened to anyone.

I don't get the comments about Caddy's hesitant running style being at fault, had the field not been as bad as it was, Caddy would have cut back inside around Harris and picked up an extra 5 or 6 yards as he has done several times since he became a Buc.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 15, 2008, 04:29:39 PM

I saw the play and new he was hurt right away. Cadillac got hurt not because it was a hard hit. However it was a hard hit. He got hurt becuase he changed his mind and it was to late he got caught unprepared to take the hit. He was going to go out of bounds so he started to bend his knees and put on the breaks then he decided to take on the safety and before he could extend his leg going from breaking to hitting he got hit with his knees over bent he had no leverage with an over bent knee and took the full force of that tendon while he was starting to tence the tendon and muscle. If that tendon and muscle was relaxed, had he not been apply the pressure on it to hit the safety then he would have been fine. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 15, 2008, 04:44:31 PM

So how is it the coach's fault again?

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 15, 2008, 04:46:29 PM

I saw the play and new he was hurt right away. Cadillac got hurt not because it was a hard hit. However it was a hard hit. He got hurt becuase he changed his mind and it was to late he got caught unprepared to take the hit. He was going to go out of bounds so he started to bend his knees and put on the breaks then he decided to take on the safety and before he could extend his leg going from breaking to hitting he got hit with his knees over bent he had no leverage with an over bent knee and took the full force of that tendon while he was starting to tence the tendon and muscle. If that tendon and muscle was relaxed, had he not been apply the pressure on it to hit the safety then he would have been fine.

I've never seen Caddy go out of bounds. He was trying to be sudden when he cut back to the inside, but the foot slipped.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#36 : April 15, 2008, 05:02:16 PM

I hope you comes back better than ever! good luck caddy!

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 15, 2008, 05:06:37 PM

Still not sure why people bash him so much.  Other than Warrick Dunn this is one of the most talented RB's we have had since James Wilder.  Cadillac is a class act and for all those that "hate" on him and doubt him hope he comes back to claim his starting job as all of you will see EG is not what you think he is.  Happy to have Warrick here to bridge the gap until Cadillac comes back.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#38 : April 15, 2008, 05:19:13 PM

I am glad to hear him sound positive and motivated.  I also think he can learn a lot from Warrick, who was a great receiver and pass blocker.  Hopefully he can expand on his skill set and be ready to go later this year or in 2009.

That being said, when he does come back I hope he is closer to his college playing weight around 205.  I understand why he wanted to bulk up some, but with Graham a viable option I think Caddy would be better served playing at a more natural weight and being a little shiftier than trying to prove he can pound it 30 times a game. 

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 15, 2008, 05:40:06 PM

I also believe Caddy will be back sometime in 2008.. He is going to prove his naysayers wrong..  I love our backfeild already, but to add the depth of a Cadillac( LIKE WILLIS MCGAHEE) AND THE INCREDIBLE O-LINE we will have. It's going to be fun to watch. 

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#40 : April 15, 2008, 05:56:13 PM

LOL!

Man, I absolutely hate it when you do that....LMAO
He does it for a reason. Now you all think DTG really knows something.

#41 : April 15, 2008, 06:05:44 PM

Still not sure why people bash him so much. Other than Warrick Dunn this is one of the most talented RB's we have had since James Wilder. Cadillac is a class act and for all those that "hate" on him and doubt him hope he comes back to claim his starting job as all of you will see EG is not what you think he is. Happy to have Warrick here to bridge the gap until Cadillac comes back.

Serious question..... not being a smart azz at all. What is it that he's so talented at? Warrick Dunn is talented and multi-dimensional. Carnell couldn't hold his jock.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 15, 2008, 06:11:22 PM

When  I watched the guy I thought given a decent Oline and a decent qb he would get 1200+ yards a year running well for the buccs.  He is a good runner.

He is not so good at blocking or receiving.

He could be a great asset with the improved line and qb play. 

But unfortunately we will have to wait to find out. 

He was not the reason for the '06 season - but rather one of the victim's of the failures at qb and Oline.  JMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#43 : April 15, 2008, 06:21:28 PM

When I watched the guy I thought given a decent Oline and a decent qb he would get 1200+ yards a year running well for the buccs. He is a good runner.

Dbuc, he is not a good blocker or receiver, doesn't have breakaway speed and is injury prone.  In your eyes, what makes him a good runner?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#44 : April 15, 2008, 06:29:03 PM

When I watched the guy I thought given a decent Oline and a decent qb he would get 1200+ yards a year running well for the buccs. He is a good runner.

Dbuc, he is not a good blocker or receiver, doesn't have breakaway speed and is injury prone. In your eyes, what makes him a good runner?
I know an amputee who lost his legs in the war. He can't catch or block, but if he had a good O-line, good QB play and some legs he'd be a good runner.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac on Sirius Radio 1 pm today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools