Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac on Sirius Radio 1 pm today « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

sma2680

Practice Squad

#90 : April 17, 2008, 11:09:17 AM

Was his college playing weight less than the 217 lbs he weighed ever since his rookie year?  According to everything I have seen, he even weighed 217 at the Senior Bowl and the Combine.

Carnell weighed 204 as a senior at Auburn.  Due to concerns that he was too small, he put on weight between the end of the college season and the combine. 

benir0

Hall of Famer
#91 : April 17, 2008, 11:42:17 AM

Gimme a breack he was falling on his knee before the hit. The Hit just furthr hyperflexed the knee. freak Injury..  As far as PUP will have to see how he heals.. cant make that call until summer.

Agreed. All this "he's weak" talk, all this "Valero is horrible" talk...has nothing to do with the fact that Caddy had some bad luck, wasn't solidly planted and got hurt.  End of story.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#92 : April 17, 2008, 11:58:54 AM

Carnell weighed 204 as a senior at Auburn. Due to concerns that he was too small, he put on weight between the end of the college season and the combine.

That answers a question I always had.  When I watched him on TV in college, I always had the impression he was about 200 lbs.  When there was talk about us drafting him before the Senior Bowl, I was concerned about his size and his injury history.  I was then very surprised to hear that he weighed 217, and felt good about his size, but was still concerned about his injury history.

I also felt better about his size when hearing during games his Senior year that on short-yardage and goal-line plays, he was the ball-carrier, not the 230 lb Ronnie Brown.

.....just my opinion

sma2680

Practice Squad

#93 : April 17, 2008, 12:21:10 PM

Carnell weighed 204 as a senior at Auburn. Due to concerns that he was too small, he put on weight between the end of the college season and the combine.

That answers a question I always had.  When I watched him on TV in college, I always had the impression he was about 200 lbs.  When there was talk about us drafting him before the Senior Bowl, I was concerned about his size and his injury history.  I was then very surprised to hear that he weighed 217, and felt good about his size, but was still concerned about his injury history.

I also felt better about his size when hearing during games his Senior year that on short-yardage and goal-line plays, he was the ball-carrier, not the 230 lb Ronnie Brown.

I am of the opinion that putting on weight was a bad idea.  Even at 217 he isn't a 30 carry back.  I think putting on the weight and questioning his durability caused Caddy to try to turn into more of a power back than he was.  Even at 217 he runs real hard and does not avoid contact.  I think he would be better off splitting carries and being a little shiftier and more explosive like he was in college at 205.  Regardless, if and when he comes back he is going to be splitting carries and will need to find a way to avoid getting hit so much...maybe he can learn from Dunn, a guy who is really good at avoiding big hits.

#94 : April 17, 2008, 12:24:14 PM

I agree Bayside.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#95 : April 17, 2008, 12:24:21 PM

I thought it was funny...   can't take this stuff seriously.  Faine - 19 Games - he could do it...

It is funny.  I'm taking the lol double dip. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#96 : April 17, 2008, 12:29:26 PM

I agree also, Bayside.  After Graham's showing, even if Cadillac comes all the way back, he won't get the number of carries he did before, as Graham will get some.

If Caddy did, indeed, gain that much weight, I agree it would be a good idea for him to get back to his more explosive weight.  He should also get faster, which might make the difference in making a td run, or being tackled after a 15 yard gain.

To me, tho, he doesn't  look bulky even at 217.

What we don't know is what his TRUE weight is now.  His playing weight may not be 217 any more.

.....just my opinion

#97 : April 17, 2008, 01:53:36 PM

I agree also, Bayside.  After Graham's showing, even if Cadillac comes all the way back, he won't get the number of carries he did before, as Graham will get some.

If Caddy did, indeed, gain that much weight, I agree it would be a good idea for him to get back to his more explosive weight.  He should also get faster, which might make the difference in making a td run, or being tackled after a 15 yard gain.

To me, tho, he doesn't  look bulky even at 217.

What we don't know is what his TRUE weight is now.  His playing weight may not be 217 any more.

It's a tough call, especially with certain players (see Clayton as well). You want them to bulk up to give/ take the pounding, but they often lose quickness and agility.

Also, joints and tendons just can't be strengthened to match the huge gains we're seeing in muscle mass.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac on Sirius Radio 1 pm today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools