Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well troy smiths Stock just rose « previous next »
Page: 1 2

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 03:09:40 AM

It will all come down to the Combine weather he gets into the first

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 11, 2006, 01:02:22 AM

Troy Smith says he'd give the Heisman to Teddy Ginn. That speedy wideout and the rest of strong OSU team would make ANY QB look good.

In Verner We Trust

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 10, 2006, 03:02:27 AM

Heisman trophy winner, yea good luck getting him in the second round. all this time i thought we might have a chance to get him later but with this win he is easily a first rounder.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 10, 2006, 03:03:45 AM

Heisman trophy winners generally suck as NFL players.  Might as well have a first pick in the draft...

Look it up.

TDTB

Second String

#4 : December 10, 2006, 03:53:15 AM

Jason White didn't get drafted.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#5 : December 10, 2006, 07:40:52 AM

Big deal in college? Yes. Bright spot in career? Definitely. Big stock raiser? Heck no. His stock rose because of what he did to get the trophy; have a great season. He could raise his stock with a good bowl game. It's somewhat make/break with his workouts like everyone. His height is a major issue, if he is under 6 foot. This doesn't have a big affect on his stock at all IMO. If he was going to be a 1st rounder, he still will be. If he wasn't a first round talent, he won't be just because he won the Heisman.

watson

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 10, 2006, 11:09:32 AM

Winning the Heisman has little if any impact on the draft and/or the quality of the player in regards to the NFL.  Here is a list of the last 10 QBs to win the Heisman:

Leinart - NFL starter
Palmer - NFL starter
Weinke - Backup that has seen limited playing time in the NFL
Crouch - Out of football
Jason White - Out of football
Wuerffel - Out of football
Charlie Ward - Never played in NFL
Toretta - Out of football
Ty Detmer - Was a backup...out of NFL
Andre Ware - Out of football

Not a great track record for a factor in determining the worth of a player in regards to the NFL.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : December 10, 2006, 11:11:14 AM

The Heisman winner is supposed to be the best college football player. It doesn't have anything to do with NFL success.

I think Smith will be alright though. I don't see him as a great pro, but I don't see him as a piss poor pro either.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 10, 2006, 11:13:36 AM

Heisman trophy winner, yea good luck getting him in the second round. all this time i thought we might have a chance to get him later but with this win he is easily a first rounder.

Why would that make any difference, everyone KNEW he was going to win the Heisman and he was still projected 2nd round.  There is at least 3 and probably 4 better QBs in this years draft.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 10, 2006, 12:17:02 PM

According to Jay Glaser, Smith is moving up the boards and is probably now a first rounder.

I think the Bucs have little chance to pick him up with their early 2nd round pick now unless he has a poor game against FLA.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#10 : December 10, 2006, 12:23:25 PM

He will still fall into the second round range, everyone knew he was going to win the Heisman, and if you didn't where have you been this entire college football season? lol, I don't really want Smith though, the QB that I think will be the best out of this draft should he come out is Jamarcus Russell, he is the complete package, big strong arm, mobile, and pretty accurate. Right behind him in my mind is Brady Quinn, I would almost say they are about equal. I think we will have a chance to pick up one of these two in the first and I hope we do.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 10, 2006, 12:25:54 PM

If he has a great performance against FL then he will go first round.

I'll be waiting to see Jamarcus Russell's wonderlic  score.  The one thing a QB needs to run Gruden's offense is smarts.  No doubt he is the complete package physically.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 10, 2006, 12:34:35 PM

According to Jay Glaser, Smith is moving up the boards and is probably now a first rounder.

I think the Bucs have little chance to pick him up with their early 2nd round pick now unless he has a poor game against FLA.

When he gets measured at 5'10" at the combine his stock will fall....literally.   :P

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 10, 2006, 05:13:53 PM

Umm lookin at his highlights last night, i have to say this kid throws one of the prettiest balls ive seen, tight spiral and everything, i looked at quinns and it wasnt as impressive.  plus this kid had a much harder schedule this year and still produced.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2006, 05:15:44 PM

Umm lookin at his highlights last night, i have to say this kid throws one of the prettiest balls ive seen, tight spiral and everything, i looked at quinns and it wasnt as impressive.  plus this kid had a much harder schedule this year and still produced.

College success doesn't mean you will transform that to the pros.  Smith is tiny for a QB, he will not see over an NFL O-line.  He has upside but I would bet my house he wows in the NFL.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well troy smiths Stock just rose « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools