Boards > The Red Board

Well troy smiths Stock just rose

(1/2) > >>

oregonbucfan:
It will all come down to the Combine weather he gets into the first

jerseybucsfan:
Troy Smith says he'd give the Heisman to Teddy Ginn. That speedy wideout and the rest of strong OSU team would make ANY QB look good.

nick77777:
Heisman trophy winner, yea good luck getting him in the second round. all this time i thought we might have a chance to get him later but with this win he is easily a first rounder.

Boid Fink:
Heisman trophy winners generally suck as NFL players.  Might as well have a first pick in the draft...

Look it up.

TDTB:
Jason White didn't get drafted.

dbtb135:
Big deal in college? Yes. Bright spot in career? Definitely. Big stock raiser? Heck no. His stock rose because of what he did to get the trophy; have a great season. He could raise his stock with a good bowl game. It's somewhat make/break with his workouts like everyone. His height is a major issue, if he is under 6 foot. This doesn't have a big affect on his stock at all IMO. If he was going to be a 1st rounder, he still will be. If he wasn't a first round talent, he won't be just because he won the Heisman.

watson:
Winning the Heisman has little if any impact on the draft and/or the quality of the player in regards to the NFL.  Here is a list of the last 10 QBs to win the Heisman:

Leinart - NFL starter
Palmer - NFL starter
Weinke - Backup that has seen limited playing time in the NFL
Crouch - Out of football
Jason White - Out of football
Wuerffel - Out of football
Charlie Ward - Never played in NFL
Toretta - Out of football
Ty Detmer - Was a backup...out of NFL
Andre Ware - Out of football

Not a great track record for a factor in determining the worth of a player in regards to the NFL.

OpTiOnMaStA:
The Heisman winner is supposed to be the best college football player. It doesn't have anything to do with NFL success.

I think Smith will be alright though. I don't see him as a great pro, but I don't see him as a piss poor pro either.

mjs020294:

--- Quote from: nick77777 on December 10, 2006, 03:02:27 AM ---Heisman trophy winner, yea good luck getting him in the second round. all this time i thought we might have a chance to get him later but with this win he is easily a first rounder.

--- End quote ---

Why would that make any difference, everyone KNEW he was going to win the Heisman and he was still projected 2nd round.  There is at least 3 and probably 4 better QBs in this years draft.

naplesbuc:
According to Jay Glaser, Smith is moving up the boards and is probably now a first rounder.

I think the Bucs have little chance to pick him up with their early 2nd round pick now unless he has a poor game against FLA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version