Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roy's daily dose of hate « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: December 10, 2006, 11:40:13 AM

From Roy today
http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGB1SC6PIVE.html

" They're going to miss Barry, too. He's part of the next generation of great coaches. That's why the Bucs have to make him think twice about leaving.

The same was said in this space a year ago in regards to Marinelli and Tomlin. We said the Bucs needed to get creative and find a way to retain them.

The words seemed to fall on deaf ears. Or maybe Marinelli and Tomlin had just had enough of Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden and wanted out - no matter what.

Either way, two great coaches got away. Now the Bucs are paying the price. Barry will no doubt get away, too, unless the Bucs get creative.

Who knows if Barry will listen? He's ready to take that next step up the ladder. Besides, he may be fed up with the men who have held him back, too. "

So we translete :
The same was said in this space a year ago in regards to Marinelli and Tomlin. We said the Bucs needed to get creative and find a way to retain them.

The words seemed to fall on deaf ears.
"Hey Glazers, you need to let your local sportswriter make all your decisions for you, I obviously know better"

And:
Or maybe Marinelli and Tomlin had just had enough of Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden and wanted out - no matter what. into:
"It had nothing to do with the opportunity to become a HC and DC, which could NOT be offered here, no, it was all about how EVIL Allen and Gruden are.  Nothing to do with great opportunities to advance their carreers.  After all, like I said, maybe he was "fed up with the men who have held him back, too".  And by held back, I don't mean holding them to their contract and finding ways to keep him, like I'm suggesting, I mean, er, well, well if Gruden and Allen keep him here it's "holding him back" but maybe if I talk him into it myself, the it would be just good business?

The guy is a hater, and clearly contradicts himself.  What a putz

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 10, 2006, 12:05:11 PM

I think its kinda funny!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 10, 2006, 12:15:29 PM

Yeah, the Bucs should have just made Marinelli the Head Coach and fired Gruden to keep him.  The guy was gone no matter what the FO did.

And how many cries would we have heard if they put Monte out to pasture to promote Tomlin to DC? 

I wouldn't be opposed to letting Monte retire and promoting Barry to DC, but again the cries from the media and the goobers about how ruthless Allen is will be inevitable.  We'll hear more about the soap opera and how Gruden wanted Monte out.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : December 10, 2006, 12:44:58 PM

Yeah, the Bucs should have just made Marinelli the Head Coach and fired Gruden to keep him.  The guy was gone no matter what the FO did.

And how many cries would we have heard if they put Monte out to pasture to promote Tomlin to DC? 

I wouldn't be opposed to letting Monte retire and promoting Barry to DC, but again the cries from the media and the goobers about how ruthless Allen is will be inevitable.  We'll hear more about the soap opera and how Gruden wanted Monte out.

Yeah, I would be satisfied with Barry as our DC though.

Max Power

Starter

#4 : December 10, 2006, 02:47:18 PM

Roy is right. Isn't it obvious? We should have fired Gruden last year and replaced him with a combination of Marinelli and Tomlin as head coach. After this season we could have added Barry to complete our "coach-fecta".

BucfaninDC

Starter

#5 : December 10, 2006, 02:57:49 PM

I don't think he is wrong in thinking Barry is upset with the Bucs FO.  If I had a chance to go to another job, especially one I wanted, I would be upset at my current employer who keeps me from going.  Barry wanted to follow Marinelli, Bucs refused...there possibly could be bad blood between Barry and Allen.

The other assumptions about Tomlin and Marinelli are way off, but I can agree with Barry.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 10, 2006, 04:34:57 PM

Yeah, the Bucs should have just made Marinelli the Head Coach and fired Gruden to keep him. The guy was gone no matter what the FO did.

I wouldn't be opposed to letting Monte retire and promoting Barry to DC, but again the cries from the media and the goobers about how ruthless Allen is will be inevitable. We'll hear more about the soap opera and how Gruden wanted Monte out.

They might not have had to promote Tomlin to DC.  With Rod's departure, would Tomlin have stayed if offered AHC with a fat raise?  I think they should try that same thing with Barry if Monte and Gruden are both returning.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 10, 2006, 04:36:26 PM

I think there's a chance Marinelli won't survive if Millen is canned, which seems inevitable.

If Barry doesn't go to DET he will get a DC job somewhere.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roy's daily dose of hate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools