Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 12 Most Embarassing CFB Games in 2008.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Snook

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 18, 2008, 04:49:29 PM

FSU's game against Western Carolina IS embarrassing.  Maybe they got the idea from when UF played them in 2006...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 19, 2008, 01:27:22 PM

FSU's game against Western Carolina IS embarrassing.  Maybe they got the idea from when UF played them in 2006...

Who did they steal the idea of playing 2 D2 teams from?

Oh, that's right.  They wrote the book on that one. 

Rule #1:  Lessen the impact of SUSPENSIONS from your CHEATING scandal by scheduling 2 Division 2 teams to open your season. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 19, 2008, 01:29:17 PM

Also, at this point there isn't much difference between UF playing a D2 team and FSU.  I mean, the D2 teams are just as competitive.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2008, 02:13:13 PM

no pac-10 teams... anybody, anywhere

Some would argue that... oh nevermind.

argue what, the conference that plays the hardest non conference games? Nothin to argue there

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 20, 2008, 10:08:12 PM

The final conference rankings for 2007 were

1  SOUTHEASTERN        (A) =  81.99      81.83  (  1)     12
2  PAC-10              (A) =  79.47      79.63  (  2)     10

So they play pretty equal schedules... Pac 10 plays harder OOC games because their Conference games arent strong enough. SEC plays weaker OOC games because their Conference games are hard enough.

To me, the bragging of playing such a tough OOC schedule is pointless. But, that's JMO.

And this years schedule doesnt really even give Oregon much to brag bout for OOC. It's pretty weak with Boise State being their top OOC game. I'd give the OOC edge to UF over Oregon this year. Even though they've got the powerhouse Citadel, they still got FSU, UM and Hawaii, which I would rank tougher than Boise, Utah and Purdue.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 20, 2008, 10:33:07 PM

Rule #1:  Lessen the impact of SUSPENSIONS from your CHEATING scandal by scheduling 2 Division 2 teams to open your season. 

What are you talking about?  When was the last time FSU played 2 D2 teams in the same season?

Get a grasp of reality before you post.

What's the problem with playing two cupcakes to start the season?  UF's been doing that since 1990.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 20, 2008, 10:36:23 PM

What are you talking about?  When was the last time FSU played 2 D2 teams in the same season?

Get a grasp of reality before you post.

What's the problem with playing two cupcakes to start the season?  UF's been doing that since 1990.

The upcoming season FSU opens with 2 Division 2 teams.  Obviously this is a ploy to get around the suspensions from CHEATING and to still be able to win, which is what I said.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to "grasp reality."

UF may schedule 2 cupcakes but when was the last time they scheduled 2 division 2 teams to open the season? 

Snook

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 20, 2008, 10:42:51 PM

So doing something ONCE is writing "the book on that one"?  Typical Gator logic.

Good to see you finally stepped up to play your other instate rival this year.  How nice of you.

Looking back on strength of schedules since 1999, FSU and UF are right up there together.  So pointing out schedule strength means NOTHING.

And you're right... scheduling cupcakes at the beginning of the season to offset suspensions is obvious.  Who wouldn't do that?

I'm sure UF would schedule dominant programs though, right?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 21, 2008, 07:45:11 AM

the schedules debate never goes anywhere.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 21, 2008, 09:56:06 AM

the schedules debate never goes anywhere.

Yeah but it provides some good entertainment.   ;)

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 21, 2008, 11:46:53 AM

It is always entertaining to see gator fans blubber away with excuses for the annual 2 (now 3) cupcakes out of conference games always played at home!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 21, 2008, 11:58:42 AM

I think the funniest part of FSU's scheduling this year is them turning down Appalachian State.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 21, 2008, 12:27:11 PM

It is always entertaining to see gator fans blubber away with excuses for the annual 2 (now 3) cupcakes out of conference games always played at home!!

So you admit FSU and Miami are cupcakes.  I think FSU is better than Citadel but you are THE EXPERT.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 21, 2008, 09:30:17 PM

So doing something ONCE is writing "the book on that one"?  Typical Gator logic.

Good to see you finally stepped up to play your other instate rival this year.  How nice of you.

Looking back on strength of schedules since 1999, FSU and UF are right up there together.  So pointing out schedule strength means NOTHING.

And you're right... scheduling cupcakes at the beginning of the season to offset suspensions is obvious.  Who wouldn't do that?

I'm sure UF would schedule dominant programs though, right?

Lighten up, Francis.  It was a joke.

But yes, as far as I know FSU is the first program to have a CHEATING scandal this widespread throughout their program.  So yes, I will say they are writing the book on how to handle the large amount of suspensions as a result and maximize wins. 

Stepped up to play them?  Some might argue that dropping Troy and picking up Miami is a downgrade, but who knows?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 21, 2008, 09:33:15 PM

I think the funniest part of FSU's scheduling this year is them turning down Appalachian State.

Yeah, it's bad enough they HAD to play 2 Division 2 teams, but what makes it worse is that they picked 2 of the WORST division 2 teams to play.  I can understand one, but 2? 

But I guess with FSU's current state they are probably afraid to LOSE to a Division 2 team.  I guess back to back 7-6 seasons is getting old, have to try and squeeze 8 wins this year!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 12 Most Embarassing CFB Games in 2008.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools