Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: clayton down to 208lbs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Creamsicle Orange

Second String

#15 : April 19, 2008, 08:50:12 PM

Michael Clayto couldn't hold The Chad Johnson's jock strap.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 19, 2008, 08:56:53 PM

how much did he weigh at his heaviest?  I thought he was around 195-200 as a rookie.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 19, 2008, 09:04:09 PM

Clayton was around 210 as a rookie and 220-225 over the last three seasons

noopy2237

Starter
#18 : April 19, 2008, 09:35:46 PM

I hope he dosen't,  and what would Clayton's wife think if he tried.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 20, 2008, 06:24:11 AM

Anyone who doesn't think that an extra 15 lbs on a WR matters should just remember David Boston.

Size and bulk are nice but not at the expense of speed and manueverability.

And a hand transplant couldn't hurt...

#20 : April 20, 2008, 02:40:15 PM

that pic gives me the willy's

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 20, 2008, 03:29:08 PM

Clayton's numbers this year will be about 30-31 catches for about 480+ yards and 3 touchdowns IMO(nothing to get excited & spill your drink over).

Agent Orange

Starter

#22 : April 20, 2008, 04:03:17 PM

Hopefully he'll be holding it as soon as he arrives here. It's going to be tough for him to hold it when Johnson isn't playing here.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 20, 2008, 05:34:50 PM

30 - 31 catches for 400 yards and 3 TD's is about 10 - 15 catches, 200 yards and 3 TD's more than any of the bums we could draft this year will contribute.  Michael Clayton may not be a Pro Bowl WR but he has proven more in this league than any of the third round talent available this year.

Froggy

Second String

#24 : April 20, 2008, 06:49:06 PM

Are you related to 'THE Chad Johnson'?

No, pigs haven't started flying... No, hell hasn't froze over... The Tampa Bay Rays are #1 in the AL"

Jim Rome

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 20, 2008, 06:49:39 PM

If we draft a James Hardy or Limas Sweed either one will give Clayton a run for his money, and may even push him to #4 on the depth chart.

Plank

Starter

#26 : April 21, 2008, 12:12:40 AM

Something tells me you'd love to, though. Come on- The Chad Johnson?

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 21, 2008, 12:39:36 PM

Anytime you add muscle mass to get bigger it is going to constrict your flexibility, thus making it harder for your body to move if say you were 200 pounds of dense muscle, to the point where you will need to work on you reaction or quick twitch muscles.

Not so yucc!  I have studied weight training and the history of it.  I have also seen studies that completely disprove that, including what I experience myself.

It depends on what kind of weight training you do.  If you mix it with flexibility training, you will become MORE flexiblity and LESS restricted.

I also read an old study where the writer of the study believed weight training made you "muscle bound" when he started, and set out to prove it, rather than doing the study with an objective position.  He used 21 year old college students and compared their flexibiltity with weight lifters at the York Barbell Club who were over 50 years old, and had been involved in weight training for at least 30 years.  Not exactly a fair sample.  However, he was STUNNED to find that the weight trained 50+ year olds were MORE flexible than the 21 year olds.  And they had NOT trained for flexiblity!

I DO believe, however, that an athlete can overdo his weight training if he builds muscle in areas of his body that WILL restrict the movements he is trying to make on the field, and I believe Clayton has done this.  I believe he built muscle in the areas to help his BLOCKING and not his receiving, and it interfered with the muscles involved in making moves, and catching the football.

Remember, he had good hands in college, and in his rookie year.

.....just my opinion

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 21, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Anytime you add muscle mass to get bigger it is going to constrict your flexibility, thus making it harder for your body to move if say you were 200 pounds of dense muscle, to the point where you will need to work on you reaction or quick twitch muscles.

Not so yucc!  I have studied weight training and the history of it.  I have also seen studies that completely disprove that, including what I experience myself.

It depends on what kind of weight training you do.  If you mix it with flexibility training, you will become MORE flexiblity and LESS restricted.

I also read an old study where the writer of the study believed weight training made you "muscle bound" when he started, and set out to prove it, rather than doing the study with an objective position.  He used 21 year old college students and compared their flexibiltity with weight lifters at the York Barbell Club who were over 50 years old, and had been involved in weight training for at least 30 years.  Not exactly a fair sample.  However, he was STUNNED to find that the weight trained 50+ year olds were MORE flexible than the 21 year olds.  And they had NOT trained for flexiblity!

I DO believe, however, that an athlete can overdo his weight training if he builds muscle in areas of his body that WILL restrict the movements he is trying to make on the field, and I believe Clayton has done this.  I believe he built muscle in the areas to help his BLOCKING and not his receiving, and it interfered with the muscles involved in making moves, and catching the football.

Remember, he had good hands in college, and in his rookie year.

Dude, theories of becoming "muscle bound" were given up on ages ago.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 21, 2008, 07:34:16 PM

My point exactly, and why I said an "old" study.

.....just my opinion
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: clayton down to 208lbs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools