Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: clayton down to 208lbs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 21, 2008, 10:15:30 PM

You guys coming up with these ridiculous excuses for Claytons slowness and inability to catch are cracking me up. [banghead]

I look at guys like Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, and they are RIPPED, and they DOMINATE AND DESTROY cornerbacks.  This whole flexability and restricted movement thing is laughable. [banghead]

Clayton has had one good year.  AFter that, it has been a long, disastrous three years.  I don;t know about you guys, but 3 years to me is a damned loooong time.  And we have waited, and he has simply not gotten the job done.  PERIOD! [banghead]

If he is the #2 WR option, the BUcs are screwed.  Just remember that. :-*

#31 : April 21, 2008, 10:25:32 PM

I look at guys like Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, and they are RIPPED, and they DOMINATE AND DESTROY cornerbacks.  This whole flexability and restricted movement thing is laughable. [banghead]

Add Andre Johnson to that list.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 21, 2008, 10:26:32 PM

I look at guys like Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, and they are RIPPED, and they DOMINATE AND DESTROY cornerbacks. This whole flexability and restricted movement thing is laughable. [banghead]

Done.

Froggy

Second String

#33 : April 22, 2008, 12:12:47 AM

I look at guys like Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, and they are RIPPED, and they DOMINATE AND DESTROY cornerbacks. This whole flexability and restricted movement thing is laughable. [banghead]

Maybe they're juicing.

No, pigs haven't started flying... No, hell hasn't froze over... The Tampa Bay Rays are #1 in the AL"

Jim Rome

#34 : April 22, 2008, 12:22:32 AM

Adding to what Boid already said, TO was actually pretty skinny if I recall when he first came into the league. He built himself into a muscular beast, and his production did nothing but sore.
10 years down the road some of you will still be waiting on Clayton...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 22, 2008, 12:29:59 AM

I look at guys like Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, and they are RIPPED, and they DOMINATE AND DESTROY cornerbacks. This whole flexability and restricted movement thing is laughable. [banghead]

Maybe they're juicing.
And if they were, how does that discount the original point of the matter?

You know, the one where poeple say adding bulk decreases a players ability to be a dominating WR?  That lifting, and adding "show" muscles can only hinder an athlete?

That is stupid to assume.  I lift weights, and I think it does nothing but help me on the court.  It makes me better than some of the kids I play against.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 22, 2008, 12:32:02 AM

And before you bring up the Dave Boston getting beefed up to 240, well that is such a considerable amount of weight, that it probably did reduce his speed by a few tenths.  And while that might not be much, methinks Dave Boston was more concerned about how he appeared, then what he was capable of as a speedy athlete...

If that makes sense.

Froggy

Second String

#37 : April 22, 2008, 12:40:37 AM

Now he was definitely juicing.

No, pigs haven't started flying... No, hell hasn't froze over... The Tampa Bay Rays are #1 in the AL"

Jim Rome

#38 : April 22, 2008, 12:48:15 AM

Adding to what Boid already said, TO was actually pretty skinny if I recall when he first came into the league. He built himself into a muscular beast, and his production did nothing but sore.

I don't ever recall him being skinny.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 22, 2008, 12:55:38 AM

I don't ever recall him being skinny.

Thats because you don't live in LaLa Land

LA BUC

Starter

#40 : April 22, 2008, 12:59:57 AM

Clayton was slow his rookie year too, 4.65
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: clayton down to 208lbs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools