Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rookies Can they Provide an Immediate Impact? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : April 21, 2008, 02:24:20 AM

Hate - I dont see a player in the same mold as Peterson in this draft,

No one in last years draft saw peterson in that mold obviously the Bucs didn't

Vikes did....which is precisely why they drafted him a year after giving Chester Taylor a nice free agent deal.

No they didn't... They had NO idea he would have two 200 yard games as a rook because if they did, they would have traded up to get him because they wouldn't want anyone else to snag him.

Minny took the BPA which happened to be AP, Lucky them

LMAO.......The Vikes were smart. They did forsee AP being a stud. But why waste draft picks trading up, when you already have a top tier back? Just wait and see if other teams make a mistake and not draft him. Your theory is bull

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 21, 2008, 03:17:10 AM

They knew he would be a stud but couldn't have known he would that much of a stud... If they knew they wouldn't have risked it.

Any player drafted in the top 10 should be a stud.

If Barry Sanders(Which we have know idea if AP is even close to him) were coming out in last years draft and the Vikes knew it, why would they wait to see if he fell to them instead of trading up?

Chester is good but he is no Barry Sanders

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#17 : April 21, 2008, 03:46:16 AM

They knew he would be a stud but couldn't have known he would that much of a stud... If they knew they wouldn't have risked it.
Ohhhh...so what you are saying is if the Colts think that Ryan will be a better QB, they should move up and grab him, even though QB isn't a need? Hmmmm....seems that's what you're saying. RB wasn't a need for the Vikes, but when faced with the choice, they didn't hesitate.

That's the problem with today's fans, their expectations are ridiculous.

You're a joker. Curtis Martin is statistcally one one the best ever, and he's no Barry Sanders either, so what's your point?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 21, 2008, 04:16:00 AM

Ohhhh...so what you are saying is if the Colts think that Ryan will be a better QB, they should move up and grab him, even though QB isn't a need? Hmmmm....seems that's what you're saying. RB wasn't a need for the Vikes, but when faced with the choice, they didn't hesitate.

That's the problem with today's fans, their expectations are ridiculous.

You're a joker. Curtis Martin is statistcally one one the best ever, and he's no Barry Sanders either, so what's your point?

1. Manning might be the best QB to ever play the game... Chester Taylor won't be the best RB ever... It's one thing to draft Elway when you already have Manning its another when you have a top 15 back and you draft a potential HOF.

2. It's not expectations but more past history... Just because you are a stud in college doesn't mean it is going to translate... Obviously if you are taken in the top 10 then you were pretty dang good in college... How is that ridicuolus.

3. Is a joker a bad thing?  My point is that the Vikes had to pull the trigger on AP because Chester wasn't an elite back(Vikes OLINE is underrated) Like you probably don't take Elway if you already have Manning

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : April 21, 2008, 09:29:01 AM

you draft a potential HOF.

...anything you say from this day forward lacks serious credibility after making that statement. Drafting a potenial Hall of Famer? Can you list all the potential Hall of Famers in this draft? Are you serious. Drafting Elway.....you think people knew what Elway was going to do when he was waiting to hear his name called?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 21, 2008, 09:36:02 AM

uhhhh last I checked, almost all HoF'ers were drafted.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 21, 2008, 09:45:53 AM

...anything you say from this day forward lacks serious credibility after making that statement. Drafting a potenial Hall of Famer? Can you list all the potential Hall of Famers in this draft? Are you serious. Drafting Elway.....you think people knew what Elway was going to do when he was waiting to hear his name called?
Elway was as much of a super prospect as there has ever been. He carries the highest grade Mel Kiper has given a player in 25 or so years.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 21, 2008, 09:50:19 AM

Elway was as much of a super prospect as there has ever been. He carries the highest grade Mel Kiper has given a player in 25 or so years.

If you're gonna bring up Mel Kiper, I'm gonna bring up Mike Williams.... ;)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#23 : April 21, 2008, 10:52:26 AM

uhhhh last I checked, almost all HoF'ers were drafted.
Uhhh...no shlt. So I guess every player is a potential HoF'r? Even Gradkowski in March of 2006.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 21, 2008, 10:53:45 AM

That was my point.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : April 21, 2008, 11:35:17 AM

That was my point.
It's a stupid point. In that case, you are a potential Hall of Famer. All someone has to do is draft you and let you loose upon the NFL.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 21, 2008, 11:51:48 AM

Funny direction this has headed.  Elway was one of the 2 biggest draft busts ever (Bo Jackson was the other).  

Many, many draft "experts" said Ryan Leaf was better than Manning (he couldn't win big games, 0-4 vs UF, 0-4 in bowl games)

If teams were able to predict HOFers then wouldn't every HOF player be the #1 pick or at least a 1st round pick.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 21, 2008, 11:53:59 AM

You wanna piece of me??

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 21, 2008, 12:05:41 PM

I submit that if the Colts had Manning, had the 1st pick in the draft and there was an Elway there, they wouldn't have to make a decision, they could just sit back, field the offers from other teams and pick the best one.

.....just my opinion

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 21, 2008, 12:14:57 PM

I submit that if the Colts had Manning, had the 1st pick in the draft and there was an Elway there, they wouldn't have to make a decision, they could just sit back, field the offers from other teams and pick the best one.

you stick with Manning.  Elway was 38, little old for a rookie.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rookies Can they Provide an Immediate Impact? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools