Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looking ahead to future drafts beyond 2008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 22, 2008, 10:24:01 AM

CJ Spiller at RB.
More under achieving Tigers?  Nah, taking the risk on one was plenty.

I guess you will have to explain how he is an underachiever.  Spiller has everything you want in a RB.  He averaged 7.3 YPC as a Freshman.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 22, 2008, 09:48:46 AM

CJ Spiller at RB.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 22, 2008, 10:39:01 AM

CJ Spiller at RB.

I guess you will have to explain how he is an underachiever.  Spiller has everything you want in a RB.  He averaged 7.3 YPC as a Freshman.

No titles in what? like 15 years? That's underachieving.  Especially if you go back and notice they seemed to win them more often then not before hand.  Not even a Division Title.  No titles of any sort.  Topped by such football hotbeds as Wake Forest, Boston College, and Kentucky just to name a few.   

I'm sure there are other programs out of the 120 or so that have as good or better situations and have returned even less results, but I can't come up with who they might be.  Even FSU in their darkest time since they've been exposed to the light managed an ACC title.

I have to listen to all this Thunder and Lightning BS from Clemson fans.  Those two managed 54 yards on some religious college from New England.  Racking up 300+ yards on directional U for the handicap is not impressive. 

Maybe you'll get lucky and find a guy that hasn't been ruined by Tiny Bowden but that shouldn't be a risk you're willing to take repeatedly.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 22, 2008, 11:02:15 AM

Spiller is an exceptional college player, but at 190 lbs (listed) it's hard to imagine him as a legit every down NFL back.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 22, 2008, 11:06:37 AM

No titles in what? like 15 years? That's underachieving. Especially if you go back and notice they seemed to win them more often then not before hand. Not even a Division Title. No titles of any sort. Topped by such football hotbeds as Wake Forest, Boston College, and Kentucky just to name a few.

And what on earth does that have to do with the quality of a prospect?  Football is far too much of a team sport to equate a team's success or lack thereof with how well a player is likely to do at the next level.

Not that I have much of an opinion on Spiller one way or the other, mind you.  I'm talking in general terms here.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 22, 2008, 11:13:15 AM

No titles in what? like 15 years? That's underachieving.  Especially if you go back and notice they seemed to win them more often then not before hand.  Not even a Division Title.  No titles of any sort.  Topped by such football hotbeds as Wake Forest, Boston College, and Kentucky just to name a few.   

I'm sure there are other programs out of the 120 or so that have as good or better situations and have returned even less results, but I can't come up with who they might be.  Even FSU in their darkest time since they've been exposed to the light managed an ACC title.

I have to listen to all this Thunder and Lightning a subject for debate from Clemson fans.  Those two managed 54 yards on some religious college from New England.  Racking up 300+ yards on directional U for the handicap is not impressive. 

Maybe you'll get lucky and find a guy that hasn't been ruined by Tiny Bowden but that shouldn't be a risk you're willing to take repeatedly.

I didn't know you meant the actual Clemson Tiger team...I thought you were calling Spiller an underachiever.

I was talking about the player, not the team.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 22, 2008, 11:16:33 AM

Spiller is an exceptional college player, but at 190 lbs (listed) it's hard to imagine him as a legit every down NFL back.

He would need to add some muscle mass to take the beating, but he has the speed, vision, and hands to be an NFL back.  Let's see what his weight is this time next year, most 20 year-olds aren't fully grown yet.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 22, 2008, 04:59:27 PM

theres a thread like this on the CFB board

gharen

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 22, 2008, 05:26:20 PM

If the Bucs screw up and don't take Brohm, then they better start the Tim Tebow watch. I'm not a Gator fan, but he's a hell of a QB and would fit in perfect in Grudens offense. I see him only getting better and better as a passer and that's scary. I just don't know how high the Bucs will have to get up to to draft him. I'm thinking top 3. Not only would he be a great fit for Gruden but imagine the fan reaction to us drafting him. I'm thinking the season ticket waiting list would grow considerably.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 22, 2008, 05:35:26 PM

Neither Brohm nor Peebow will do much in the NFLso not sure what you see in either of them.  Fact of the matter is there are no studs in the next couple of years unless you look at a Michael Crabtree or a Knowshon Moreno.  Obviously others could develop but when you look at Ohio State they have nothing that impresses me much, Michigan has nothing, LSU as a couple decent players, Texas has some OK players, Oklahoma has Sam Bradford and Iglesis (WR), Florida State has Myron Rolle and Florida has Major Wright but in terms of Percy Harvin - although kid has tons of speed he is not big enough to make a difference in the NFL plus he has the Baldelli-itis and gets hurt everytime he clips his toenails.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 22, 2008, 05:42:17 PM

I am not one to look at the big schools for pro talent most times the players that end up becoming stars in the NFL are not from major colleges but rather the guys that have had to over come things.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Looking ahead to future drafts beyond 2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools