Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: DE ALLEN COULD VISIT BUCS AS EARLY AS TUESDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 21, 2008, 02:12:15 PM

willieri....what WR in the draft besides WR Devin Thomas who will most likely be gone by pick 20 will have a better impact than Antonio Bryant, Ike Hilliard, or even Michael Clayton?  NO ONE...that's who.  We have some young WRs already in Clayton and Stovall, we don't need to add another one to provide depth.  If anything, we should trade for Chad Johnson, but a rookie WR won't do anything for us.

As for CB, I think we're fine this year.  We have Barber, Bucchanon, and Wilson.  Remember there are future drafts to address need positions.  Same goes for QB.  Ideally, drafting one this year is good to learn behind Jeff and Griese, but if we draft one next year, I'm sure both will still be around.

I rather add Chad Johnson, but if we can add Jared Allen, I will also be happy.  That could make our Defense almost like 2002 good, keyword is almost..

willieri

Second String

#16 : April 21, 2008, 02:31:44 PM

willieri....what WR in the draft besides WR Devin Thomas who will most likely be gone by pick 20 will have a better impact than Antonio Bryant, Ike Hilliard, or even Michael Clayton? NO ONE...that's who. We have some young WRs already in Clayton and Stovall, we don't need to add another one to provide depth. If anything, we should trade for Chad Johnson, but a rookie WR won't do anything for us.

As for CB, I think we're fine this year. We have Barber, Bucchanon, and Wilson. Remember there are future drafts to address need positions. Same goes for QB. Ideally, drafting one this year is good to learn behind Jeff and Griese, but if we draft one next year, I'm sure both will still be around.

I rather add Chad Johnson, but if we can add Jared Allen, I will also be happy. That could make our Defense almost like 2002 good, keyword is almost..

i not saying i would be bad to get jared allen i am just saying if we trade our picks i would rather see us get a good WR

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 21, 2008, 02:34:19 PM

Â  He should be sitting in our War Room saturday afternoon when they announce "the trade" with the Chiefs from the podium in New York; that would be sweet!

gump

Starter

#18 : April 21, 2008, 02:42:46 PM

So still no word on if he is coming to Tampa.

People in MIN and KC think TB is not involved anymore.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 21, 2008, 02:52:56 PM

So still no word on if he is coming to Tampa.

People in MIN and KC think TB is not involved anymore.

Perfect.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Agent Orange

Starter

#20 : April 21, 2008, 03:02:22 PM

willieri....what WR in the draft besides WR Devin Thomas who will most likely be gone by pick 20 will have a better impact than Antonio Bryant, Ike Hilliard, or even Michael Clayton?  NO ONE...that's who.  We have some young WRs already in Clayton and Stovall, we don't need to add another one to provide depth.  If anything, we should trade for Chad Johnson, but a rookie WR won't do anything for us.

James Hardy is the steal of this draft and will produce big number in the pro's imo. I love it how when he scores he doesn't even celebrate. He just flips the ball to the ref and walks off. The guy knows he's supposed to score.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 21, 2008, 03:03:11 PM

This morning 620 kept announcing that we missed him and that it was a done deal in Detroit, that was between 8 & 10:30.
Since then I have heard nothing !!!
It is strange at how quiet it has become !!!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 21, 2008, 03:28:33 PM

a done deal in Detroit? as in Detroit traded for him?lol

noopy2237

Starter
#23 : April 21, 2008, 03:36:07 PM

willieri....what WR in the draft besides WR Devin Thomas who will most likely be gone by pick 20 will have a better impact than Antonio Bryant, Ike Hilliard, or even Michael Clayton? NO ONE...that's who. We have some young WRs already in Clayton and Stovall, we don't need to add another one to provide depth. If anything, we should trade for Chad Johnson, but a rookie WR won't do anything for us.

James Hardy is the steal of this draft and will produce big number in the pro's imo. I love it how when he scores he doesn't even celebrate. He just flips the ball to the ref and walks off. The guy knows he's supposed to score.

Agent, don't take this wrong but I thought college players had to give the refs the ball after scoring and not act like Chad Johnson or Steve Smith.  I'm probably wrong but does anybody no the rules as it pertains to this?

gump

Starter

#24 : April 21, 2008, 03:39:00 PM

Report out now that MIN upped the offer to 1st and 3rd this year, plus a 2nd in '09.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 21, 2008, 03:39:39 PM

Report out now that MIN upped the offer to 1st and 3rd this year, plus a 2nd in '09.
JEBUS CHRISTABON!!

That is ABSURD!!

gump

Starter

#26 : April 21, 2008, 03:40:32 PM

MIN must be targeting someone in the 2nd this year.

noopy2237

Starter
#27 : April 21, 2008, 03:48:20 PM

Why would the Vikes just up the compensation unless Bruce Allen did something or they just want the Bucs to drop the efforts immediately.  Either way, another NFC team losing draft picks.  Oh yeah, maybe Carl told them the deal sucked and the Vikes had to sweeten the pot.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 21, 2008, 03:50:27 PM

JEBUS CHRISTABON!!

That is ABSURD!!

Holy cow, I sure hope we back out and let Minnesota spend all them picks.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 21, 2008, 04:00:48 PM

Do you believe everything that is leaked?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: DE ALLEN COULD VISIT BUCS AS EARLY AS TUESDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools