Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: DE ALLEN COULD VISIT BUCS AS EARLY AS TUESDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : April 21, 2008, 04:15:58 PM

Last time we sold the farm for draft picks we got Keyshawn Johnson. Dont get me wrong - Jared Allen is a beast. He was also a 4th round pick from Idaho State who has had something to prove. Who's to say he won't start living the hi life when he gets his first 30 million guaranteed deal or worse, have some kind of season ending injury? Those scenarios happen ALL THE TIME. It's too much to invest in 1 player to lose 3 high draft picks or more. He's going to go to the Vikings and yeah he might get a sack or two against us on Nov 14th. Or he might be on IR by then. Either way - we'll kick the Vikings ass if we can contain Adrian Peterson. Now he's (Peterson) someone to mortgage the farm on. He should have been in the top 5 of that current player mock draft moreso than Jared Allen.

#31 : April 21, 2008, 05:18:02 PM

KC is leaking that info..     they know Allen is leaning towards the Bucs and they want to get the best offer from the Bucs should Allen decide to come here...   can't we get some girls from Thee Dollhouse to meet Allen at the airport and show him a good time?

gump

Starter

#32 : April 21, 2008, 05:10:46 PM

Report from Chiefs Scout site:

http://kan.scout.com/

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 21, 2008, 05:15:30 PM

That's purely speculation until the Chiefs (not Scout.com) comment on it and I don't see Carl Petersen giving that info up.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 21, 2008, 05:18:08 PM

Welcome to the final week heading up to the draft everyone! This is where we start hearing all these trade rumors! remember last year how there was a report saying that we traded most of our picks to detroit to move up to #2? never happened! Just ignore the rumors tampa ain't getting Allen. By visiting tampa his value will go up!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 21, 2008, 05:31:23 PM

MIN must be targeting someone in the 2nd this year.
Probably, Brandon Flowers or Brian Brohm.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 21, 2008, 06:36:08 PM

So still no word on if he is coming to Tampa.

People in MIN and KC think TB is not involved anymore.

Perfect.
I don't think Bruce Allen is going to start publicizing the visit.  He doesn't want a throng of people greeting the guy at the airport.  Its a business trip.   But as for Minnesota fans, its pretty ridiculous to think they have some kind of deal when he left town without one. 

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 21, 2008, 08:02:18 PM

I give it to you like this, Tampa babes like the one from Itch above, or eskimo girls in igloos ???  Plus no state income tax !!!!

#38 : April 21, 2008, 08:16:55 PM

Report from Chiefs Scout site:

http://kan.scout.com/

Yeah, I really want to become a KC insider. :P

Try this instead:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=115#s=115&f=1837&t=2383365

#39 : April 21, 2008, 08:24:14 PM

Mike Florio just did a mock draft with current players. Check out #2 on his list...

1. Miami Dolphins: Tom Brady, quarterback, Patriots. Is there any doubt about this one? Though he’s now 30 years old, Brady will make any team a contender until the day he retires.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jared Allen, defensive end, Chiefs. Allen is an absolute beast, arguably the best defensive player in the league. And he’s only 26.

3. Atlanta Falcons: Peyton Manning, quarterback, Colts. The Falcons need to put a new face on the franchise. Manning gives them a whole head. And a big one at that.

4. Oakland Raiders: LaDainian Tomlinson, running back, Chargers. Making this pick, I factored in the strong possibility that the Raiders would do something screwy, like select a guy who is starting to show signs of being on the downside of his career. But, hey, it would hurt a division rival, so why not?

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Thomas, left tackle, Browns. Thomas is entering only his second year, but he’s already on track to have a dozen or more seasons of dominance at the most important position on the offensive line.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=mockdraftpickanyplayerin&prov=tsn&type=lgns

No Bucs on that list?

Sad thing is there would be no Buc on that list if he did a two round mock.

Agent Orange

Starter

#40 : April 21, 2008, 09:06:03 PM

willieri....what WR in the draft besides WR Devin Thomas who will most likely be gone by pick 20 will have a better impact than Antonio Bryant, Ike Hilliard, or even Michael Clayton? NO ONE...that's who. We have some young WRs already in Clayton and Stovall, we don't need to add another one to provide depth. If anything, we should trade for Chad Johnson, but a rookie WR won't do anything for us.

James Hardy is the steal of this draft and will produce big number in the pro's imo. I love it how when he scores he doesn't even celebrate. He just flips the ball to the ref and walks off. The guy knows he's supposed to score.

Agent, don't take this wrong but I thought college players had to give the refs the ball after scoring and not act like Chad Johnson or Steve Smith.  I'm probably wrong but does anybody no the rules as it pertains to this?

They are supposed to but a lot of them are immature and will celebrate like it's their 1st TD. It just seems like he isn't like that. He kinda just flips the ball to the ref and looks at the corner he just beat. He doesn't even head bob. 36 TDs in 3 years and not once in his video does he act like he hasn't been there. I'll bet you he scores a bunch more in the pro's. I'll give you an example of celebrating in college that makes me a little standoffish. Look up Chevis Jackson's (Shut Down CB LSU) video on youtube. Every time he makes a play he's basically taunting or acting like he's the man. I actually like him in the mid-later rounds but that's the one thing I don't like about him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: DE ALLEN COULD VISIT BUCS AS EARLY AS TUESDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools