Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads is not the frickin answer.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« : December 10, 2006, 03:28:32 PM »

I tried to give this kid the benefit of the doubt, but he is a bust in my opinion.. McCown should get a chance in these next 3 games, and we would be smart to resign Simms and get a Jeff Garcia--Joey Harrington  or some other FA QB out there..

I believe the Glazers will give Gruden 1 more year,  and this is what the fans want in the long run.. For what we gave up to get him, he has to be able to coach the 5th year..

Gruden is 41-40 including playoffs..

Comments??

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 10, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

I've been saying this from the beginning and I got flamed to all hell

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #2 : December 10, 2006, 03:30:23 PM »

Me too.

« #3 : December 10, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

Simms sure as hell ain't the answer either.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 10, 2006, 03:31:42 PM »

As a 2nd stringer-backup role he is..

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #5 : December 10, 2006, 03:31:56 PM »

And that has what to do with Gradkowski?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

« #6 : December 10, 2006, 03:32:55 PM »

He said to re-sign Simms.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 10, 2006, 03:33:38 PM »

I dont believe posters will get flamed anymore, the guy just doesn't have it.. Most Buc fans would agree.. The fact that Rattay is in there now is proof in the pudding..

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 10, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »

IS 11-5, and NFC South Championships, several 4th quarter comebacks, and a home playoff game not enough for you. There were several young QBs playing last year in the playoffs for the first time (Manning, Orton, Simms) and Simms played the best of all 3. He played well enough to win that game. It's amazing how quickly you can forget.

Rattay's series is short lived.

We SUCK!

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 10, 2006, 03:34:41 PM »

It is interlinked.  Any Buccs fan should hope for the best and support the players on the field.  Grads is an experiment, a work-in-progress, and if he fails it doesn't help your team.  Hope for the best and expect the worst.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #10 : December 10, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

IS 11-5, and NFC South Championships, several 4th quarter comebacks, and a home playoff game not enough for you. There were several young QBs playing last year in the playoffs for the first time (Manning, Orton, Simms) and Simms played the best of all 3. He played well enough to win that game. It's amazing how quickly you can forget.

We SUCK!
Correct on all 3 points.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 10, 2006, 03:38:53 PM »

We SUCK!

And how about Simms this year? I take your point though, at this moment in time, it seems as if Simms is the answer from the 4 QBs we have right now.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

« #12 : December 10, 2006, 03:43:45 PM »

We SUCK!
As I said in the other thread...good running game, #1 D...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 10, 2006, 03:51:32 PM »

I believe the Glazers will give Gruden 1 more year, and this is what the fans want in the long run.. For what we gave up to get him, he has to be able to coach the 5th year..

Gruden is 41-40 including playoffs..

Comments??

Gruden and Allen have not even built a foundation for this franchise's future.  There are so many needs on both sides of the ball there is no way we are competitive next year.  There is no quick fix.  Gruden will not survive another season like this so we might as well cut ties with him and Allen at the end of the season and get a new staff in here to rebuild this team the way they want to.  Just stating what is inevitable.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 10, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

grads is a rookie, blah blah blah.  manning threw x # of picks as a rookie, blah blah blah.  name me one play today that showed some upside.  name one thing he has done as a starter that leads anyone to believe he is a starting caliber QB in this league. he is a VERY poor man's Doug Flutie.  He has guts and and mobility and may have limited short term success, but he isn't someone you'd want starting for a prolonged period of time.  cripes, all this talk about his college completion percentage, a high school jv QB could complete a high number of 5 yard throws too.   
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads is not the frickin answer.. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools