Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads is not the frickin answer.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 10, 2006, 03:58:58 PM

Simms sure as hell ain't the answer either.

Nobody mentioned Simms....getting all defensive. We just know this turnover machine is right where he belongs THE BENCH

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 10, 2006, 03:59:07 PM

This team does not have the right QB to run the offense, period.

Gruden and Allen have dug themselves a deep one because there isn't much in FA.

Maybe Carr will be released.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 10, 2006, 04:00:01 PM

Gruden and Allen have dug themselves a deep one because there isn't much in FA.

Maybe Carr will be released.

garcia is the man, bring him in!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 10, 2006, 04:00:40 PM

With the way Gruden plays QB carousel there isn't a QB that is a "perfect" fit for this offense unless it is Rich Gannon II.

#19 : December 10, 2006, 04:03:21 PM

I dont believe posters will get flamed anymore, the guy just doesn't have it.. Most Buc fans would agree.. The fact that Rattay is in there now is proof in the pudding..

RATTAY IS TAKING THE TEAM DOWN THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVENT SEEN THIS SINCE #2 WENT DOWN

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 10, 2006, 04:06:12 PM

With the way Gruden plays QB carousel there isn't a QB that is a "perfect" fit for this offense unless it is Rich Gannon II.

Well, the right decisions were made on Brad.  I think it's looking more and more like letting Griese go was a mistake, but that is with hindsight knowing how bad Simms was the first 3 games, which really set the team on a losing path for the season.

Obviously, now Griese looks like he was the best fit (he is smart) but I don't know how Allen signs him with the cap restraints.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 10, 2006, 04:07:51 PM

I tried to give this kid the benefit of the doubt, but he is a bust in my opinion.. McCown should get a chance in these next 3 games, and we would be smart to resign Simms and get a Jeff Garcia--Joey Harrington or some other FA QB out there..

I believe the Glazers will give Gruden 1 more year, and this is what the fans want in the long run.. For what we gave up to get him, he has to be able to coach the 5th year..

Gruden is 41-40 including playoffs..

Comments??

BUST!!!??? Dude he was 6th round pick! Yeah Grads isn't much, we all know it...Old discussion...

If we lose Gruden then who in the hell would the Glazers bring in to coach???

Baghead #2

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 10, 2006, 04:14:04 PM

He is still a bust imo....I dont care where he was drafted..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 10, 2006, 04:14:55 PM

Well, the right decisions were made on Brad.  I think it's looking more and more like letting Griese go was a mistake, but that is with hindsight knowing how bad Simms was the first 3 games, which really set the team on a losing path for the season.

Obviously, now Griese looks like he was the best fit (he is smart) but I don't know how Allen signs him with the cap restraints.

Gruden was pretty close to benching Griese.  Griese actually was turning the corner against Miami but sustained an injury.  I do not think Griese was a lock to finish as a starter if he continued to play poorly.  To be frank I do not know what QB Jon is looking for nor what offensive identity the Bucs have or trying to show on the field.  I am simply confused.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 10, 2006, 04:15:27 PM

Gradkowski is a backup.  He probably will survive in the league but in my mind he has lost whatever pocket presence he had at the beginning.  He held the ball way too long on the play that changed the game.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 10, 2006, 04:20:38 PM

I have said since day one when he had a decent game against NO that everyone should have a wait and see attitude toward Grads. He is not a bust, that is what you get from a 6th round QB with little upside. You get 52 yards in total offense in the 2nd half with him, you get the worst ranked offense in the NFL. Not his fault, he shouldn't even be on the field IMO but we don't have another option, well maybe now we do, who knows.

I said it a month ago and I still stand by the fact that Bruce Gradkowski is a backup QB at best, he cannot be a frontline starter and I catch hell about it on here, majorly, from goofy stats to just wacko posts. I hope for the best but reality is reality, its on your TV screen, its a mess. I feel sorry fo the guy, but its for the greater good, move along and play rattay or mccown if he is cleared....its sickening to see this every single week....

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 10, 2006, 04:20:55 PM

If he's a backup, screw that if he's 3rd strong and picked in R6 he's not a bust.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#27 : December 10, 2006, 04:22:04 PM

Grads was clearly in over his head.  I feel bad for him too but at least he lived out a fantasy most 6th rounders never get to see.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2006, 05:45:56 PM

he is a VERY poor man's Doug Flutie.

He's not even close to Flutie.   I think he's a poor man's Shaun King. 

Badabingnrt

Starter

#29 : December 10, 2006, 06:06:08 PM

Simms sure as hell ain't the answer either.

IS 11-5, and NFC South Championships, several 4th quarter comebacks, and a home playoff game not enough for you. There were several young QBs playing last year in the playoffs for the first time (Manning, Orton, Simms) and Simms played the best of all 3. He played well enough to win that game. It's amazing how quickly you can forget.

Rattay's series is short lived.

We SUCK!

Ok ok..and I assume he would get better with a year of starting under his belt and a whole off-season of being treated as the starter.....NO HE FELL FLAT ON HIS FACE.......

Listen, the argument isn't who is better between Grads and Simms...the arguement is that WE NEED A QB ....We need Leftwich, Culpepper, or Plummer.....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads is not the frickin answer.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools