Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Comparison « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Raideneers

Starter

#15 : April 22, 2008, 12:17:14 PM

Believe it or not, I think Rocket was actually bigger than DeSean Jackson.

Yes, 5' 11" 188. I was speaking more along the lines of what he will do in his career with similar talent level. Rocket had 2 decent years - his 4th & 5th but did little to leave a lasting impression in the NFL.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 22, 2008, 12:26:21 PM

Actually, that's not a bad call at all, Raideneers. Rocket was one of the most explosive players in college history,  but he was small, ran incredibly fast, and was and not very physical (unlike for example, Steve Smith, who is small and tough as nails), and as a pro he had (as you point out) a couple of good years, but nothing to match his college track record.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 22, 2008, 12:50:41 PM

Limas Sweed =  Limas Sweed
Devin Thomas = Devin Thomas
James Hardy= James Hardy
DeSean Jackson= DeSean Jackson
Malcolm Kelly= Malcolm Kelly
Donnie Avery= Donnie Avery
Mario Manningham= Mario Manningham
Early Doucet= Early Doucet
Andre Caldwell= Andre Caldwell
Jordy Nelson= Jordy Nelson
Jerome Simpson= Jerome Simpson

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 22, 2008, 01:05:51 PM

That's what many who like Chris Johnson have repeatedly said!

.....just my opinion

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 22, 2008, 01:12:08 PM

Sunny D, I'm certaintly not on the Chris Johnson bandwagon, but he's bigger just in pure weight and height alone, and more importantly much more thickly built than Dante Hall.

Also, huge difference - Dante Hall simply wasn't much of a receiver in college.

In '96 he had 12 yards receiving. In '97, it was 97 yards, in '99 it was 92 yards.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 22, 2008, 01:29:51 PM

And Johnson had over 500 yards this year, even while he was running for over 1400 yards as a RB!

.....just my opinion

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 22, 2008, 05:50:59 PM

I'd say Sweed is more like Plaxico.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 22, 2008, 06:04:17 PM

i'm going to the get together at Champs and heres fair warning ...if the Bucs make the dumbest stupidest  pick in the draft of taking Dsean Jackson ...watch out ...stand clear ...cause i'll barf all over the place and throw a chair through  the tv screen [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 22, 2008, 06:36:00 PM

i'm going to the get together at Champs and heres fair warning ...if the Bucs make the dumbest stupidest pick in the draft of taking Dsean Jackson ...watch out ...stand clear ...cause i'll barf all over the place and throw a chair through the tv screen [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Well if that does indeed happen it looks like you'll have to accept the apparent hard truth that NFL scouts know more about rookie prospects than you do.

#24 : April 22, 2008, 08:06:12 PM

Limas Sweed =  Roy Williams
Devin Thomas = Dwayne Bowe
James Hardy= plaxico burress
DeSean Jackson= Steve smith
Malcolm Kelly= Reggie Wayne
Donnie Avery= Joey Galloway
Mario Manningham=Isaac Bruce
Early Doucet= Derrick Mason
Andre Caldwell=Chris Chambers
Jordy Nelson=Aquan Boldin
Jerome Simpson=James Jones

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 23, 2008, 12:56:07 PM

sunnyd,nfl scouts certainly do know more then I do...agree...but we have a bad history of wrs that size...Jaquez Green...case closed.
   CHRIS JOHNSON IS NOW 5'11.7"  198 LBS... a lot bigger then Hall...Royal is more his size but he has great hands.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Comparison « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools