Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: magicfan39126's super awesome fabulous amazing mock draft thread! (updated 10/9) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

« #15 : October 01, 2006, 07:06:45 PM »

I like the DE prospects, but we would do well, to draft a quality DT for our three technique position. We have been lacking a consistent player at that position since the departure of Sapp.

I don't think there are really any DTs in this draft worthy of a top ten pick. Also, alot of highly drafted DTs lately have turned out to be busts.

Am I the only one who thinks Dewayne White is capable of moving inside to UT? 

« #16 : October 01, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »

I don't think there are really any DTs in this draft worthy of a top ten pick. Also, alot of highly drafted DTs lately have turned out to be busts.

Am I the only one who thinks Dewayne White is capable of moving inside to UT?

Don't get me wrong, White showed that he could move inside on passing downs, but I'm not sold on him in rushing downs as the UT just yet. I do agree that we have some dead weight on the line at the moment, and a lot of it is around the middle section with McF. The guy has been incosistent every year thus far. 

At any rate, would be nice to invest some high round draft picks again into this aging defense, especially along the d-line.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #17 : October 01, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »

Am I the only one thinking QB?  We're starting a 6th round rookie... there is a very real chance we will be in the running for Brohm or Quinn.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #18 : October 01, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »

What we really need is a pass rusher at UT. Unfortunately, there don't see to really be a lot of guys coming out in the draft this year that could make an immediate impact in that department.

Of course, if Gradkowski does well we don't have to worry about a QB or that need would be lessened. If he doesn't, on the other hand, we may be in the market for a first round QB. I hope that isn't the case as I think we could use a Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams more but who knows.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

« #19 : October 01, 2006, 09:18:49 PM »

steve smith wont be there in round 4.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #20 : October 01, 2006, 09:19:12 PM »

What we really need is a pass rusher at UT. Unfortunately, there don't see to really be a lot of guys coming out in the draft this year that could make an immediate impact in that department.

Of course, if Gradkowski does well we don't have to worry about a QB or that need would be lessened. If he doesn't, on the other hand, we may be in the market for a first round QB. I hope that isn't the case as I think we could use a Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams more but who knows.

I was at the Tech vs. Tech game yesterday.  Calvin Johnson is the type of receiver where it might not matter who the QB is.  Think what Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper look like.

« #21 : October 02, 2006, 01:43:35 AM »

Gibril Wilson > Michael Lewis

Gibril Wilson would be a great addition at safety. His game is kind of what we expected out of Will Allen. NOt that WIll Allen is a bust, but he hasnt shown the playmaking abillity yet.

There is much betetr value at DE and LB in round 1 then DT

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

« #22 : October 02, 2006, 02:30:23 AM »

MAGIC  your SIG is insane, I love it!  LMAO

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 02, 2006, 09:15:37 PM »

i'd LOVE to land Adams or Moses in the 1st. D-line is our biggest need IMO. But we all know Monte isn't allowed to particpate in the draft until the 5th or 6th rd. Chucky likes to stockpile his toys at the expense of our aging defense.  More likely, Gruden will be tempted by the talented crop of underclassmen receivers (Jarrett, Johnson and Ginn). 

I'd like to see us draft an UT too.  I think White should be re-signed and start at DE next year, I dont think he is big enough to play DT full time.  What about Justin Harrell in the 2nd-3rd? He may fly under the radar  a bit due to his injury. 

« #24 : October 02, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »

If our pick is as high as our I think it might be I would like to see us get the best CB in the draft. Barber's skills as a corner are a little shaky and a move to Safety would be good if he could bulk up a little. He is always around the ball and it seems like a natural fit. That would fill 2 of our needs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 02, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »

If we spend a 1st on a CB, he damn well better be an ace KR/PR as well

gone

Hall of Famer
« #26 : October 03, 2006, 01:51:34 AM »

Need an inside rusher.  ALthough, I think White could be a viable upgrade over Booger already, but If we wen that route, then yeah, a DE.  I would put a safety low on priority if we got a good rusher, as I believe most of the issues with our D revolve around the lack of an inside push.  Center for O-line, I don't think Mahan is the future there.  So much of the draft will depend on FA though, so it's kinda moot righ now...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #27 : October 03, 2006, 06:59:19 AM »

We need a center on offense and an UT on defense that can stuff the run and rush the passer. Those should be the #1 & 2 draft choices.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #28 : October 03, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »

i'd LOVE to land Adams or Moses in the 1st. D-line is our biggest need IMO. But we all know Monte isn't allowed to particpate in the draft until the 5th or 6th rd. Chucky likes to stockpile his toys at the expense of our aging defense. More likely, Gruden will be tempted by the talented crop of underclassmen receivers (Jarrett, Johnson and Ginn).

I'd like to see us draft an UT too. I think White should be re-signed and start at DE next year, I dont think he is big enough to play DT full time. What about Justin Harrell in the 2nd-3rd? He may fly under the radar a bit due to his injury.

That isn't quite true. Some of his first day (rounds 1-3) picks right after Gruden got here were defensive picks (ie White, Cooper). Gruden has had the luxury of having a top defense with great coaches and the bigger areas of need have been mostly offensive. Next year's draft might pan out differently, but with very high draft picks it can be hit or miss concerning defensive players (see Merriman from 05 vs Williams of 06). Sometimes it's hard to pass on an offensive playmaker or a franchise LT. Where we go this year will be determined by how high we pick and what moves we make before the draft.

« #29 : October 03, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »

I agree Cerious.

The defense may have been ageing, but the offense had no talent because of all teh cap room being locked up on teh defense. The offense is still lacking talent at a few positions. And Gruden has used 1st day picks on defense.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: magicfan39126's super awesome fabulous amazing mock draft thread! (updated 10/9) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools