Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Underclass man to look out for « previous next »
Page: 1

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

: April 13, 2008, 02:17:21 PM

I'll post a few names that aren't getting enough recognition....

Vontae Davis CB Illinois

I'm no scout, but this guy is god given-blessed. His closing speed is top notch, and he's the best corner when asked to support the run. He hit Chris Wells so hard last year, he sidelined him and he ended up missing a series or two. My friends Chris Wells isn't a small man.

He should get a grade very close if not higher to DeAngelo Hall's when he declares or if he.

LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh

Alot of Pitt fans compare him to Curtis Martin. Sounds far-fetched but he has talent, he was in beast mode when they ran the Panther option last season

Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
Led the Big East in receiving. Huge frame, 6'4 205, runs in the 4.4s, very productive last year with the Scarlet Knights. Watch out for another break out year for him.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 16, 2008, 11:14:57 PM

Chris Rainey

#2 : April 17, 2008, 03:45:04 PM

Chris Wells.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 17, 2008, 07:13:48 PM

Brandon Spikes

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 18, 2008, 03:18:13 PM

Ill add Oregon guys who will be day 1 next year since I follow them the closet obviously

Max Unger (Center) expect to be 1st or 2nd rd pick
Patrick Chung may be the #1 safety this year round 1
Ed **CENSORED**son TE day 1
Jaison Williams WR day 1
Walter Thurmond (undeclassmen) CB all but will declare 1st-2nd rd
Jarius Byurd (underclassmen) CB probably will declare if he has another good year

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 19, 2008, 10:43:41 AM

Nope. USC Taylor Mays will be the #1 saftey when he declares

His measurables will be OFF the charts. If he puts up a good year with the Trojans he is expected to be a top 10 pick. Some scouts think he could be just as good as Troy Polamalu,so...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 19, 2008, 01:12:46 PM

Ill add Oregon guys who will be day 1 next year since I follow them the closet obviously

Jaison Williams WR day 1
Jarius Byurd (underclassmen) CB probably will declare if he has another good year

sounds like a put up or shut up year for oregon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 19, 2008, 02:17:45 PM

Jaison Williams WR day 1

sounds like a put up or shut up year for oregon.

defense will be rock solid. Have 2 preseason 1st team all americans. Ive been to probably 4 spring practice and they are looking better then I ever have seen. Offense is the prob... the QB who will start IMO (Costa) hasnt been able to do contact drills. But they are a bit behind which is understandable, they always are. LaGrounde Blount the JC RB they got is gonna be a stud hes flat out running guys over. He may push Jermiah Johnson for the starting job and definately will be splitting carries.. I dont think they will miss Stewart as much as Dixon or as much as people think. Jasion Williams has looked solid but they are gonna have 2 new starters at WR with both being sophomores. I expect them to be a top 25 team and have about 3-4 losses. Defense will be very good IMO, offense will be as good as the WR and QB take them.

I dont know if its a put up or shut up year, each year they are getting better and better recruits. They lose 2 of the better players in the country last year on offense and Bellotti said he built the team for last year and they did show up but the injury bug caught them. They def werent built for this year, they will compete with ASU, Cal and fucla for 2nd IMO, and will finish 2-5th.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 19, 2008, 02:19:17 PM

Nope. USC Taylor Mays will be the #1 saftey when he declares

His measurables will be OFF the charts. If he puts up a good year with the Trojans he is expected to be a top 10 pick. Some scouts think he could be just as good as Troy Polamalu,so...

Yeah he may, we shall see. Chung at worst probably is the #2 safety. IMO he should have left this year he would have gone ahead of Phillips I think. Next years safety class will be very solid.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#9 : April 23, 2008, 02:00:11 AM

I actually think McCoy can be better than Martin, only not as consistent. Kid's got all types of talent. Smooth, natural runner and he's faster than all get-out.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 17, 2008, 06:49:50 PM

There are some really good DE underclassmen in the upcoming draft class..  Most people know names like Johnson, Hardy, Middleton and Selvie.  I'll give you one name that's flying under the radar: Everette Brown FSU.  i think he'll be the next big time FSU DL. 

as for a skill position player, USF would be wise to feature Mike Ford instead of exposing Grothe to so many hits.  Ford is a STUD RB. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 25, 2008, 11:09:40 PM

Eric Berry S Tenn

He was highly touted as a CB coming out of HS but made the switch to saftey last year as a true freshman. Reminds me alot like Ed Reed.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 25, 2008, 11:14:16 PM

Lyron Rolle FSU.....

LOL

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : May 26, 2008, 12:12:29 AM

I like Berry a lot too, but Ed Reed? Psshhhh, right.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 26, 2008, 06:10:38 PM

There are some really good DE underclassmen in the upcoming draft class..  Most people know names like Johnson, Hardy, Middleton and Selvie.  I'll give you one name that's flying under the radar: Everette Brown FSU.  i think he'll be the next big time FSU DL. 

as for a skill position player, USF would be wise to feature Mike Ford instead of exposing Grothe to so many hits.  Ford is a STUD RB. 
Maurice Evans DE Penn St.

he had 12 sacks as a sophmore.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Underclass man to look out for « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools