Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spin this BornaRunole « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#60 : May 09, 2008, 10:17:40 PM

Notice a guy on UF uses a CC illegally, he gets kicked off the team.

An FSU guy has drugs and a gun, he is ok.

Wasn't it the UF guy's third strike to quote Biggs?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#61 : May 09, 2008, 11:30:08 PM

And he didn't just use a cc illegally, he used a dead teammate's dead girlfriend's cc the day after she died ..... The fact that someone downplays that to try and make a point in this silly UF-FSU thing is pretty low-life.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#62 : May 10, 2008, 01:06:15 AM

Nobody tried to downplay anything.  But the fact is, he committed CC fraud and is no longer a Gator.

Only an idiot like yourself would try and say otherwise.

As for strikes, I believe Hornsby had been in trouble with the law once before.

Good riddance.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#63 : May 10, 2008, 01:08:22 AM

he used a dead teammate's dead girlfriend's cc the day after she died .....

And your facts are wrong here.

Clean them up, then get back with me.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#64 : May 10, 2008, 01:25:34 AM

What are we arguing here?

A UF player commits CC fraud, and gets tossed from the team.

A FSU guy has drugs and a gun, and is still on the team. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#65 : May 10, 2008, 11:46:45 AM

A UF player commits CC fraud AFTER TWO OTHER INCIDENTS (a fight arrest & selling his UGA tickets - NCAA infraction), and gets tossed from the team ON HIS THIRD STRIKE.

A FSU guy has drugs and a gun (FIRST OFFENSE), and is still on the team.

Its amazing how some UF fans go into such denial... 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#66 : May 10, 2008, 11:50:23 AM

Looks like his facts are CORRECT.
From ESPN:

Hornsby is accused of using the card starting Oct. 13, 2007, the day after the woman's death, the newspaper said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3388268

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#67 : May 10, 2008, 12:37:17 PM

A UF player commits CC fraud AFTER TWO OTHER INCIDENTS (a fight arrest & selling his UGA tickets - NCAA infraction), and gets tossed from the team ON HIS THIRD STRIKE.

Come on, Snook.  The gun and drugs are worse than Hornsby's first two strikes.  I don't know if he should have been kicked off for the first two.  Definitely reprimanded, but not booted.  If this last crime had come first, then maybe he gets the one-strike boot.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#68 : May 10, 2008, 12:49:33 PM

From ESPN:

Hornsby is accused of using the card starting Oct. 13, 2007, the day after the woman's death, the newspaper said.

I was referring to the "dead girlfriend of a dead teammate" part.

Last I checked JOE HADEN is still alive, and he was her boyfriend.

THANKS and have a nice day!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#69 : May 10, 2008, 12:55:59 PM

Now it is YOU who has incorrect FACTS.

First of all, selling his NCAA tickets? LMAO!  That is not a crime...he did get into a fight which was, but are you really going to compare selling tickets to a crime?  Give me a break.

Second of all, PARKER has been ARRESTED before!  He was arrested for STEALING, or did you forget? (or maybe conveniently left that part out)

So I would say they are even in arrests, and while Hornsby's latest is quite disgusting (and STUPID), using a CC and having guns and drugs are a little bit different in terms of severity.

It appears I am not the one in DENIAL here, that is you.  You can't even get your facts straight and lie about how many times Parker has been in trouble with the law.

It is amazing how STUPID FSU fans are....

PS: It is OBVIOUS Hornsby has severe financial problems in his family.  From selling his tickets to SELLING HIS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ring to now using a Credit Card that was not his (although I wonder how he had it in the first place, perhaps she gave it to him to use?).  Maybe Hornsby should look into becoming friends with whoever gave Parker the $$$$ to pay his fines that he could not pay for several months but all of a sudden came up with when he got arrested AGAIN!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#70 : May 10, 2008, 01:45:09 PM

From ESPN:

I was referring to the "dead girlfriend of a dead teammate" part.

Last I checked JOE HADEN is still alive, and he was her boyfriend.

THANKS and have a nice day!

Hell, that makes it worse .... He probably sees Haden almost every day, still grieving over his girlfriend's death and this scumbag is out charging crap on her credit card?? Thanks for reinforcing my initial assessment.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#71 : May 10, 2008, 01:50:29 PM

I never said what he did was right or wrong, better or worse.

I just said get your facts straight Mr. Smarty Pants.

I like the words of Coach Meyer:  ""He is not a part of our program.""

Much better than say, some comments from Mr. Bowden:

""We're praying for a misdemeanor"

"Boys will be boys"

"In some of these neighborhoods that kids have to carry guns."

"It's not like he shot the president."

Or, in reference to Deion rarely attending classes and did not taking a single final yet still playing....."There is no law against it."  Well thanks Mr. Bowden, there was one put in place immediately after.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#72 : May 10, 2008, 06:36:33 PM

I think it's hilarious that college football fan of (insert team here) would ever try to rag on another school for their players' behavior.  Like 1) anyone really cares about anything other than W/L's and 2) every major college team doesn't have their share of very shady characters.   

There's nothing that either school can really say in these circumstances to minimize what they're particular player did.  CC fraud under these circumstances is at least equal to the other charges.  The guys gone so UF fan should just leave it at that.  Talkig about his financial situation doesn't lesson the disgust of the charge anymore that rationalizing why a kid from the hood may have drugs or a gun on him.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#73 : May 10, 2008, 11:07:15 PM

I wasn't talking about his financial situation to lesson anything.  Just saying rather than using a CC maybe he should have gotten money from whoever Parker did. 

I think the difference here is I have not seen any Gator fan try and rationalize or discount what Mr. Hornsby did.  All I have seen and heard is disgust, as should be.  Hornsby was dismissed from the team swiftly, and rightfully so.  I don't think anyone has defended him or tried to, as some FSU guys have Parker.

Using the card after she died was extremely dumb and insensitive, and I don't think anyone has denied that.  He got what he deserved and that is that.  I can only hope he learns from this and becomes a better person.  I am sure in his mind what he did was not THAT bad, but reality is it was a crime and was disgusting.

You are right, Olaf.  A team cannot always control what the players do.  But you CAN control how you handle it, and I think in this case Urban handled it appropriately.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#74 : May 11, 2008, 01:17:12 AM

I think the difference here is I have not seen any Gator fan try and rationalize or discount what Mr. Hornsby did.

PS: It is OBVIOUS Hornsby has severe financial problems in his family.  From selling his tickets to SELLING HIS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ring to now using a Credit Card that was not his (although I wonder how he had it in the first place, perhaps she gave it to him to use?).

Right, no attempt at rationalization going on there ...... I'm sure if she gave the card to him, she said it was okay for him to keep on using it if she died or something.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spin this BornaRunole « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools