Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spin this BornaRunole « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

LFO

Hall of Famer

#195 : May 18, 2008, 10:00:23 AM

LOL>

Snook

Hall of Famer

#196 : May 18, 2008, 03:27:11 PM

Its a shame that'll be the last title at UF for awhile.  Especially after UGA punches you in the mouth again this season.

while that is entirely possible, i think it is foolish to dismiss the program that Meyer is building the the talent his is bringing in.

I'm not dismissing the program.  But once you've reached the pinnacle, its harder to get back.  Especially with fan expectations, etc.  It'll be interesting to see if Tebow can match (or top) his season last year.  I expect a little bit of a drop off.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#197 : May 18, 2008, 03:34:10 PM

We'll see about Georgia.  They most certainly do have a good team and it should be a very good game.  They certainly have a great shot at the National Title this year, and there is a good possibility that the winner of that game will play for all the marbles.  I can say though with a great amount of certainty that NEITHER of your TWO teams will be playing for that title, and one will struggle to even make a bowl (provided they are even eligible).

Being a fan of college football, its pretty foolish for you to dismiss ANY large program from playing in the title game.  NO ONE predicted Auburn to go 13-0 in 2004.  But they did.  And they barely even started the season in the top 20... 

Georgia will win the SEC this year.  Why?  Because of their ability to pound the football down other teams throats.  That's something UF has always struggled with and will again this year.  But I don't think UGA will win the title.  Their schedule is too difficult.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#198 : May 18, 2008, 05:51:21 PM

We'll see about Georgia.  They most certainly do have a good team and it should be a very good game.  They certainly have a great shot at the National Title this year, and there is a good possibility that the winner of that game will play for all the marbles.  I can say though with a great amount of certainty that NEITHER of your TWO teams will be playing for that title, and one will struggle to even make a bowl (provided they are even eligible).

Being a fan of college football, its pretty foolish for you to dismiss ANY large program from playing in the title game.  NO ONE predicted Auburn to go 13-0 in 2004.  But they did.  And they barely even started the season in the top 20... 

Georgia will win the SEC this year.  Why?  Because of their ability to pound the football down other teams throats.  That's something UF has always struggled with and will again this year.  But I don't think UGA will win the title.  Their schedule is too difficult.

We'll see.

It is funny for you to say in the same post that UF will not win, yet say it is foolish to dismiss any program.

I will never count UF out, not as long as they have Tebow, Harvin, Rainey, Ingram, and many more playmakers on offense.  If their defense improves even a little bit they will be in Miami in the BCSNCG next year. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#199 : May 18, 2008, 10:10:12 PM

I'm not dismissing the program.  But once you've reached the pinnacle, its harder to get back.  Especially with fan expectations, etc.  It'll be interesting to see if Tebow can match (or top) his season last year.  I expect a little bit of a drop off.

im not sure if its harder to get back, but i think it is harder to stay at the top.  as for tebow, i think any realist fan should expect his numbers to drop.  if the coaching staff finds some RB's that they trust then tebows stats drop significantly.  at the same time, he will probably still be the best short yardage back on the team.  i would also expect the team to improve from this last season on both sides of the ball, meaning more mop up time for a backup QB.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#200 : May 20, 2008, 03:57:37 PM

I think Tebow's rushing numbers will decrease, but the passing should increase.  Hopefully Mullen won't try to kill Tebow on the ground this year.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#201 : May 20, 2008, 03:52:00 PM

im not sure if its harder to get back, but i think it is harder to stay at the top.  as for tebow, i think any realist fan should expect his numbers to drop.  if the coaching staff finds some RB's that they trust then tebows stats drop significantly.  at the same time, he will probably still be the best short yardage back on the team.  i would also expect the team to improve from this last season on both sides of the ball, meaning more mop up time for a backup QB.

I expect Tebow's numbers to be down this year but his senior year will be one like we've never seen before.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#202 : May 21, 2008, 09:29:39 AM

Hopefully Mullen won't try to kill Tebow on the ground this year.

the coaches need to trust players not named tebow and harvin. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

LFO

Hall of Famer

#203 : May 21, 2008, 05:08:36 PM

I think we'll see Rainey take some touches from Harvin, and Rainey/Moody/Moore from Tebow.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Spin this BornaRunole « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools