Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden- "I don't wanna win anymore" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 06:04:54 AM

He had no choice but to make a change. Gradkowski has been horrible these past few weeks. Why keep him in? Building for the future? please

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 06:24:31 AM

The people saying a change was necessary are missing the boat.  If he will pull Gradkowski who is a rookie in a losing season then what makes people think in the future he would not pull this same stunt with a more "talented" QB drafted in the first round?

Whether it has been injuries, money, circumstances a QB carousel is the best way to describe what has happened in Tampa the last few years.  If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it that is your choice.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 10, 2006, 03:42:03 PM

OK, I am not what you would call a Gruden hater. And I know all of you are sick of seeing these threads but... Putting Tim Rattay in does what? Did he really think he had a better chance of winning with Rattay or does he think that Rattay is our future and that he is grooming him. Neither. There was no reason to take Gradkowski out. It just seems to me that he knew he was going to lose before it was near over. All that was accomplished in this game is making your starting/possibly future QB lose a lot of confidence in himself. Is it Gruden's fault we lost today? No. But he did nothing that up'd the team at all. He had only a negative effect.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 10, 2006, 03:46:02 PM

OK, I am not what you would call a Gruden hater. And I know all of you are sick of seeing these threads but... Putting Tim Rattay in does what? Did he really think he had a better chance of winning with Rattay or does he think that Rattay is our future and that he is grooming him. Neither. There was no reason to take Gradkowski out. It just seems to me that he knew he was going to lose before it was near over. All that was accomplished in this game is making your starting/possibly future QB lose a lot of confidence in himself. Is it Gruden's fault we lost today? No. But he did nothing that up'd the team at all. He had only a negative effect.
I don't think he's the starting QB anymore, and this is Gruden telling you that Grads is not the future.  His hurt feelings are not as big a deal anymore.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 10, 2006, 03:46:58 PM

I concur with you.

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel.  With that said it looks like Rattay will be auditioning for a job down the stretch.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 10, 2006, 03:47:35 PM

What point is he trying to prove? NOTHING! Gruden proves nothing in this move. And Rattay over McCown is as idiotic as it comes.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#6 : December 10, 2006, 03:47:54 PM

You couldn't leave Gradkowski out their anymore. We wouldn't have won another game all season.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 10, 2006, 03:48:59 PM

I concur with you.

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel.  With that said it looks like Rattay will be auditioning for a job down the stretch.

This has been proved many times. A QB is your team leader... Changing that position not only makes the QB lose confidence but makes the whole team lose confidence.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 10, 2006, 03:51:29 PM

I concur with you.

This has been proved many times. A QB is your team leader... Changing that position not only makes the QB lose confidence but makes the whole team lose confidence.

For long term success you can not play QB carousel.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#9 : December 10, 2006, 03:53:35 PM

I concur with you.

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel. With that said it looks like Rattay will be auditioning for a job down the stretch.

What confidence?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 10, 2006, 03:53:57 PM

I concur with you.

I agree

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 10, 2006, 03:54:14 PM

I concur with you.

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel. With that said it looks like Rattay will be auditioning for a job down the stretch.

None of these guys are the future at QB so I don't really care what he does with them.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 10, 2006, 03:56:01 PM

agreed.  the long term starter at QB for this franchise isn't on the team. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 10, 2006, 03:56:35 PM

I concur with you.

None of these guys are the future at QB so I don't really care what he does with them.

With the way Gruden plays QB carousel drafting a QB in the first round would be a big waste of money.  Gruden is only comfortable with a vet QB leading the offense. Period.

It is clear as day after putting Rattay in.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2006, 03:56:57 PM

I concur with you.

Very true...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden- "I don't wanna win anymore" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools