Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden- "I don't wanna win anymore" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 10, 2006, 04:00:42 PM

Yeah, Im mean look at Dallas right...........

OK, I am not what you would call a Gruden hater. And I know all of you are sick of seeing these threads but... Putting Tim Rattay in does what? Did he really think he had a better chance of winning with Rattay or does he think that Rattay is our future and that he is grooming him. Neither. There was no reason to take Gradkowski out. It just seems to me that he knew he was going to lose before it was near over. All that was accomplished in this game is making your starting/possibly future QB lose a lot of confidence in himself. Is it Gruden's fault we lost today? No. But he did nothing that up'd the team at all. He had only a negative effect.

I concur with you.

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel. With that said it looks like Rattay will be auditioning for a job down the stretch.

This has been proved many times. A QB is your team leader... Changing that position not only makes the QB lose confidence but makes the whole team lose confidence.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 10, 2006, 04:01:00 PM

OK, I am not what you would call a Gruden hater. And I know all of you are sick of seeing these threads but... Putting Tim Rattay in does what? Did he really think he had a better chance of winning with Rattay or does he think that Rattay is our future and that he is grooming him. Neither. There was no reason to take Gradkowski out. It just seems to me that he knew he was going to lose before it was near over. All that was accomplished in this game is making your starting/possibly future QB lose a lot of confidence in himself. Is it Gruden's fault we lost today? No. But he did nothing that up'd the team at all. He had only a negative effect.

I concur with you.

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel. With that said it looks like Rattay will be auditioning for a job down the stretch.

This has been proved many times. A QB is your team leader... Changing that position not only makes the QB lose confidence but makes the whole team lose confidence.

For long term success you can not play QB carousel.

None of these guys are the future at QB so I don't really care what he does with them.

With the way Gruden plays QB carousel drafting a QB in the first round would be a big waste of money. Gruden is only comfortable with a vet QB leading the offense. Period.

It is clear as day after putting Rattay in.

I still think QB is the way to goin the draft.  Gruden wouldn't be so flipant about switching QB's if he actually invested something in one of them.  We have absolutely nothing invested at the QB position, that's why he put Rattay in there.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#17 : December 10, 2006, 04:01:54 PM

Whatever, everyone's making a huge deal out of nothing. Grads has been horrible lately. The Bucs offense hasn't scored a TD in the last 10 quarters. This was a wake up call to Grads, if you continue to suck, then you get pulled. That's life in the NFL. Grads is supposed to be tough. You have to be mentally tough to make it as QB in the NFL. If he can't handle being benched because he played bad, then tough sh!t.  Brad Johnson got pulled last week, it happens.

And while I agree that all rookies look bad, they also show flashes of what their capable of, ala Vince Young. BG hasn't shown a damn thing. He may be good one day, but it won't be any time soon, or even in the next 2 years IMO.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 10, 2006, 04:02:56 PM

I concur with you.

None of these guys are the future at QB so I don't really care what he does with them.

With the way Gruden plays QB carousel drafting a QB in the first round would be a big waste of money. Gruden is only comfortable with a vet QB leading the offense. Period.

I still think QB is the way to goin the draft.  Gruden wouldn't be so flipant about switching QB's if he actually invested something in one of them.  We have absolutely nothing invested at the QB position, that's why he put Rattay in there.

Gruden does not care about the cap.  He cares about winning games.  Seriously put the dream of drafting a QB in the first round  six feet under (especially after todays game).

Gruden has zero patience for a young QB.  Garcia/Rattay/Plummer will be the Bucs starting QB next year.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 10, 2006, 04:03:05 PM

i thought gruden's job was safe for 2007.  in fact, there has been a heavy public relations campaign from one buc palace to heap the blame for gruden's losing seasons on injuries, lack of picks, cap woes, etc.  but if he gets the praise for 2002 and 2005, then he deserves the heat for the other years.  as shelton said in the paper today, we dont just look bad, we dont even look competitive, epscially on offense which is allegedly gruden's expertise.  if we fail to win another game in 2006 gruden could and maybe should get the axe.  

BucfaninDC

Starter

#20 : December 10, 2006, 04:05:26 PM

i thought gruden's job was safe for 2007.  in fact, there has been a heavy public relations campaign from one buc palace to heap the blame for gruden's losing seasons on injuries, lack of picks, cap woes, etc.  but if he gets the praise for 2002 and 2005, then he deserves the heat for the other years.  as shelton said in the paper today, we dont just look bad, we dont even look competitive, epscially on offense which is allegedly gruden's expertise.  if we fail to win another game in 2006 gruden could and maybe should get the axe.  

If this team goes 3-13, ending on a 6 game losing steak, I won't be surprised to see Gruden walk.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : December 10, 2006, 04:06:11 PM

RPC.. PERFECT post.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 10, 2006, 04:06:17 PM

Gruden does not care about the cap. He cares about winning games. Seriously put the dream of drafting a QB in the first round six feet under (especially after todays game).

Gruden has zero patience for a young QB. Garcia/Rattay/Plummer will be the Bucs starting QB next year.

It's funny, because I had the exact opposite reaction to today's game.  I hadn't really thought the team would look at a qb in the coming draft, but it looked to me like Gruden said, "Screw it.  Let's just play for Quinn."  Time will tell, I suppose.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 10, 2006, 04:07:44 PM

It's simple. Rattay has a decent to large contract. He hasn't played at all to earn it. Gruden knows he will have to get rid of two of the 4 QB's he has. (Simms, Grads, Ratty, McCown). So let them play a little and he can make a better decision on who to keep for next year.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 10, 2006, 04:12:21 PM

Acacius

The Bucs were already in striking distance of Quinn and the other QB's projected to go in the first before this game.  I doubt Gruden lost this game to move closer to Quinn.

Rattay playing means that Gruden is interested in winning games and may be done with Grads. The QB carousel continues.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 10, 2006, 04:14:16 PM

I concur with you.

I still think QB is the way to goin the draft. Gruden wouldn't be so flipant about switching QB's if he actually invested something in one of them. We have absolutely nothing invested at the QB position, that's why he put Rattay in there.

Gruden does not care about the cap. He cares about winning games. Seriously put the dream of drafting a QB in the first round six feet under (especially after todays game).

Gruden has zero patience for a young QB. Garcia/Rattay/Plummer will be the Bucs starting QB next year.

It's naive to call it a dream.  It is a distinct possibility staring us in the face.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 10, 2006, 04:16:54 PM

Any chance Carr will be released?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 10, 2006, 04:17:27 PM

I concur with you.

I still think QB is the way to goin the draft. Gruden wouldn't be so flipant about switching QB's if he actually invested something in one of them. We have absolutely nothing invested at the QB position, that's why he put Rattay in there.

It's naive to call it a dream.  It is a distinct possibility staring us in the face.

The possiblity of Gruden being fired this year is staring us in the face.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 10, 2006, 04:20:15 PM

Yeah, Im mean look at Dallas right...........

I concur with you.

Totally different situation. Dallas was losing at the fault of a 15 year veteran. And they had a backup that they have been very high on for the last 2 seasons. 2 very very very very different situations.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 10, 2006, 04:22:29 PM

The Dallas situation is really different.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden- "I don't wanna win anymore" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools