Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden- "I don't wanna win anymore" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

BucfaninDC

Starter

#90 : December 10, 2006, 07:30:44 PM

I do not like how Gruden is playing QB carousel.
Seems to me this is the first time Gruden has benched a QB all season. How then is he playing QB carousel?  And you said it twice, so you obviously thought that statement through.  Here's some NFL info for you ADW, in the NFL benching one QB in the 4th quarter one time does not constitute a carousel.  You should learn more about the NFL before you start posting again.

3 starting QBs in 2002 (Johnson, Johnson, King)
1 in 2003
3 in 2004 (Johnson, Griese, Simms)
2 in 2005 (Griese, Simms)
2 in 2006 (Simms, Gradkowski), now maybe Rattay?

no consistency.  Blame lousy play, blame injuries, however you look at it, the lack of a consistent starter is troubling.

2004. Okay Johnson was benched due to poor play  and Simms got hurt int he first quater of his start.
Greise played out the rest of the season.

2005. Greise started out on fire and then he  goes out for the season with and torn ACL and Simms come in and plays good ball.

2006. Simms has a rough start and just when it looked like he was going to come around he is put on IR when he had to have his spleen removed after the Carolina game. Grads comes in and shows some flashes but as of late he's playing poorly and finally gruden say enough with it and put Ratty in for the final 5 minutes of the game..

Now to me correct me of im wrong but all of the have something in common. Every year for the last 3 season we have lost out starting QB for the season Due to Injury. Now how is that a QB carosel. If your QB goes down you have to replace him right? I know that this season isnt going well for us but Please stop trying to find things to bash Gruden it getting very old.

You're not very bright, are you? I'm not "finding things to bash Gruden." Someone else called it a QB carousel, I was just showing how there has been inconsistency at the position and that its troubling. I even stated blame injuries if you want, but its still is troubling that this TEAM has not had a consistent starter at the QB spot in the last 4 seasons. Where in that post was Gruden mentioned?

I'm sorry man i have just seen so many people try and find things to bash gruden about thats all. But he did say QB carosel im just giving the reasons why it has happend this way thats all. Im referring to the guy who initally called it a carosel not you. Sory about that Bucfan

no problem, man.  I agree it can get confusing reading through all the quotes...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#91 : December 10, 2006, 07:36:33 PM

I applaud Gruden for pulling Grads.  He hasn't done anything to warrant PT. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#92 : December 10, 2006, 07:44:10 PM

Unless the Glazers think JG isn't a good coach, what reason do they have for firing him? If I'm them, why
would I care if the fans are calling for Gru's head? The season ticket list is allegedly over ten thousand.
So what happens if the fans revolt and don't renew their tix? The list folks will buy them up. So I really
don't see Gruden  being anywhere but here next year.

Boid, I love that sig. I love Mr. Bean. If Rattay plays more, will I love him too?

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#93 : December 10, 2006, 07:48:58 PM

Isn't Chris' record over the last two seasons 6-7?  I could be wrong...please let me know...

You must be accountable for your actions!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#94 : December 10, 2006, 07:57:33 PM

Gruden's gone. His actions in the last 2 weeks have cemented that.

Sad, but true. I just hope that whoever we bring in cements a philosophy into his players and sticks to it. We must be a defense first team to be competitive in this league and to go deep in the playoffs.

Well there you go MJS, Gruden will be staying, the Oline will be address first, our qb is likely already on the team, and the Glazers will maintain their hands off approach. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 10, 2006, 08:01:21 PM

Sad, but true. I just hope that whoever we bring in cements a philosophy into his players and sticks to it. We must be a defense first team to be competitive in this league and to go deep in the playoffs.

Well there you go MJS, Gruden will be staying, the Oline will be address first, our qb is likely already on the team, and the Glazers will maintain their hands off approach. 

LOL

I think the Glazers are more interested in Man United's season, and who wouldn't be  ???  They are winning and make more money.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#96 : December 10, 2006, 08:03:31 PM

JavaBuc made the Mr.Bean sig...it is a classic!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#97 : December 10, 2006, 08:10:25 PM

YOUR'E HIRED!!!

( ::))

I think you should start a thread about this at the TBBBB, your fave hangout!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#98 : December 10, 2006, 10:09:46 PM

LOL

I think the Glazers are more interested in Man United's season, and who wouldn't be ??? They are winning and make more money.

ManU's season is shaping up well with this weekends' Arsenal/Chelsea result.  Add that to the Champion's league entry and the financial rewards are there as well.

All that aside, Guru's offering does bode well for the bucs and Gruden specifically.  That fellow hasn't be right about anything I can recall. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden- "I don't wanna win anymore" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools