Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!!!Greg White may want to be traded before the draft............ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: April 23, 2008, 09:59:41 PM

if the bucs dont offer him a better contract. here's the link: I hope the bucs do the right thing and pay this man, He played big for us last year.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/23/bucs-white-may-seek-trade/?sports-bucs

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 23, 2008, 10:04:42 PM

pay him 10 mil this year then a salary cap hit of 250K for the next 4 years.... is that legal?

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 23, 2008, 10:12:31 PM

They need to get him signed somehow.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 23, 2008, 10:12:44 PM

White is an exclusive rights free agent so I doubt the Bucs are considering trading him.  White doesn't have a lot of leverage and it would be foolish for him to hold out if it came to it.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 23, 2008, 10:14:18 PM

Still he should get a raise at the very least. He doesnt need to have a huge salary but paying him better wouldnt hurt us

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 23, 2008, 10:14:25 PM

I can't blame him, you don't get many chances to make good $$$ in life.  His production last season certainly warrants a hell of a lot more than the Bucs are offering.

Hope they can come to an agreement.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 23, 2008, 10:15:31 PM

He's 28 and was out of the league before the Bucs gave him his FOURTH chance in the NFL.  Give me a break.  What a whiner.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 23, 2008, 10:18:24 PM

He's 28 and was out of the league before the Bucs gave him his FOURTH chance in the NFL.

That is exactly why he needs to get a decent payday to secure his future.  He earned the chance to negotiate a long term deal with his production on the field.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 23, 2008, 10:28:31 PM

I have stated this earlier in the off-season White doesnt have a leg to stand on, the team tender him which by league rules he is there property until he has four years of service which he does not, he has no recourse but to either play or sit out of the NFL for another few season which at his age would only hurt his chances

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 23, 2008, 10:32:31 PM

Pfft...he had one good season.  I wouldnt give him a dime more

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 23, 2008, 10:34:28 PM

I have stated this earlier in the off-season White doesnt have a leg to stand on, the team tender him which by league rules he is there property until he has four years of service which he does not, he has no recourse but to either play or sit out of the NFL for another few season which at his age would only hurt his chances

Whether he has a leg to stand on or not is irrelevant.  He produced on the field and deserves more than minimum salary.  It is simply bad management and business not to reward performance.  Other players will respond a lot better if guys like White and Graham get their just reward.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 23, 2008, 10:35:31 PM

Thank you.  I'll agree that he probably deserves more money, but a long term contract?  I don't think so.  2 years, $2 million TOPS.  Anything more, the Gruden/Allen bashers would be complaining by Week 3 of 2008 if he had anything less than 20 sacks.

Plank

Starter

#12 : April 23, 2008, 10:36:55 PM

Wasn't he security for Best Buy or some such a year ago? Now he is griping about making over 300k? Prove you're not a fluke and we'll talk... same as Graham.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 23, 2008, 10:37:59 PM

Greg White was playing Arena Ball this time last year. He needs to shut up and play football - if he can duplicate his unexpected performance from last season, he'll be in line for a nice pay day.

Greg, Sign your tender and prove you aren't a fluke. Then we'll talk long contract....

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 23, 2008, 10:39:01 PM

White has no leverage and he isn't going to get traded. He isn't going to hold out, either.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!!!Greg White may want to be traded before the draft............ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools