Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!!!Greg White may want to be traded before the draft............ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#30 : April 24, 2008, 12:39:20 AM

Whether he has a leg to stand on or not is irrelevant.  He produced on the field and deserves more than minimum salary. 

And he may still get more. The qualifying offer took away the need to negotiate under pressure.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 24, 2008, 12:44:59 AM

Whether he has a leg to stand on or not is irrelevant. He produced on the field and deserves more than minimum salary.

And he may still get more. The qualifying offer took away the need to negotiate under pressure.

???  Why are you quoting me?  For starters you haven't posted a single word or fact many of us didn't know already, and secondly the post doesn't correlate with the quote.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#32 : April 24, 2008, 12:47:39 AM

Greg White was playing Arena Ball this time last year. He needs to shut up and play football - if he can duplicate his unexpected performance from last season, he'll be in line for a nice pay day.

Greg, Sign your tender and prove you aren't a fluke. Then we'll talk long contract....
Where are White's comments?  I have not seen him say anything negative.  In fact, White would not even provide a comment when reached on his cell phone (he probably did not even know the details of what his agent had said – just that he was going to try to get a deal done before the draft).  White's agent is acting in his best interest by trying to secure a long-term deal now if possible, but they have never implied that he is not willing to play for the salary offered either.  This is all just part of the negotiations dance.  When the music stops, he will either have an extension, or he will sign the offer on the table.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#33 : April 24, 2008, 12:56:30 AM

Whether he has a leg to stand on or not is irrelevant. He produced on the field and deserves more than minimum salary.

???  Why are you quoting me?  For starters you haven't posted a single word or fact many of us didn't know already, and secondly the post doesn't correlate with the quote.

I was replying to what you said.  You said that he deserved more than minimum salary (as if to imply that was all the Bucs were willing to give him).  I was saying that I do not think that is their intent.  They are merely delaying the need to negotiate under pressure.  My post correlates directly to what you said.

If you don't think I said anything new, then don't read it, ignore it, disregard it; it does not matter to me.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#34 : April 24, 2008, 01:09:46 AM

But honestly the Bucs need to start extending some players with their massive cap space eventually?

Give it some time, not everything has to be done right now, today, this instant.  There is no need to conduct management by crisis.  If the Bucs front office is smart, they have a plan, a timetable, a battle rhythm so to speak, and they focus most of their efforts to certain tasks and priorities at certain times during the year.  I do not know exactly what that battle rhythm looks like, but I am sure most of their focus and effort in the last few months has been centered on free agency and draft preparation.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#35 : April 24, 2008, 07:05:41 AM

White has no leverage and he isn't going to get traded. He isn't going to hold out, either.

No doubt, the guy should be given a contract comensurate with his performance, and have a deal with incentives.  The Bucs need to ensure he can  get it done for more thatn 1/2 a season.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 24, 2008, 07:11:16 AM

No doubt, the guy should be given a contract comensurate with his performance, and have a deal with incentives. The Bucs need to ensure he can get it done for more thatn 1/2 a season.

Pity they didn't use the same criteria whilst negotiating Caddy's contract.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 24, 2008, 07:25:31 AM

Let's see. You choose...
A. $10 an hour at Best Buy

B. $30,000-$50,000 in the Arena League.

C. $370,000 plus benefits in the NFL.

Doesn't seem like the hardest choice to me. But I'll agree he should be given some incentives and if he overperforms as he did last year, he'll still be eligible for the NFL program that pays out for underpaid players. He made a chunk there as I recall, as did Tanard Jackson.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 24, 2008, 07:49:08 AM

Let's see. You choose...
A. $10 an hour at Best Buy

B. $30,000-$50,000 in the Arena League.

C. $370,000 plus benefits in the NFL.

What he made last year is pretty irrelevant.  He is sat next to guys that were in college a year or two ago, and some have pretty nice contracts.  Paying like he is an inactive squad player isn't fair IMO.  He produced on the field, and he deserves a little more than minimum salary.

How would you respond at work if a guy in the next office wasn't as productive as you but he earned 5 times more?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 24, 2008, 07:52:08 AM

Not disagreeing with you mjs. He does deserve a raise, not a huge one, but a raise nonetheless.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 24, 2008, 07:57:58 AM

Not disagreeing with you mjs. He does deserve a raise, not a huge one, but a raise nonetheless.

That is the key really.  What is he asking/expecting? and what are the Bucs really prepared to offer. 

His production and age point toward a small/modest signing bonus and salary of around $1 million, and a little back-end weighting for years three-five.

That way he gets a nice headline number that doesn't have the Bucs on the hook for more than a year.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 24, 2008, 07:59:35 AM

White has no leverage and he isn't going to get traded. He isn't going to hold out, either.

Thanks for making some sense SR.  This is once again the Tampa non-writers association at work.  Could yall post that crap from the fish wraps in the Pirates Cove from now on?  Geez....that's just a stupid notion!  Here's a guy on the street year before last and now he's going pull an Ocho Cinco and ask to be traded?  Can we think for ourselves here?  You shoulda been ripping the guy who took his kids Fisher Price toy to type this crap!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 24, 2008, 08:04:43 AM

Agreed Chev - but do YOU think White deserves a little increase?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 24, 2008, 08:10:01 AM

Sure whatever the team offered him he needs to sign it and play ball.  His agent, if what he said is true, is crazy!!!  How you gonna come from the street have a decent year and then ask to be traded?  That's just stupid!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 24, 2008, 08:11:35 AM

Sure whatever the team offered him he needs to sign it and play ball. His agent, if what he said is true, is crazy!!! How you gonna come from the street have a decent year and then ask to be traded? That's just stupid!

Totally agree about the trade, that isn't going to happen.  He does however deserve a little recognition for his production on the field IMO.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!!!Greg White may want to be traded before the draft............ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools