Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!!!Greg White may want to be traded before the draft............ « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#60 : April 25, 2008, 09:31:20 AM

We should give him a one year raise, not a big one, but closer to 1 million base salary, with a promise of treating him fairly or trading him if he performs well next season. We have him for 2 years I believe without any problems since he is an exclusive rights free agent, he has no say unless he doesnt play for us. I think he gets a little raise after the draft but we wont lock him up long term unless its really cheap

#61 : April 25, 2008, 10:39:52 AM

$1 million base with incentives is more than enough for a guy who previously had a hard time staying in the league and produced one nice season.

That's what I was thinking.

I think from Allen's perspective, he wants to tread carefully because he's aware of setting a precedent. But it wouldn't be a bad one to set; perform at a top level and be rewarded and everyone's happy.

#62 : April 25, 2008, 10:42:15 AM

I agree Chev, but it's business and I really can't blame his agent for trying. The trade talk is a bit strong though.

I get the business side.  Totally.  I thinks its rather stupid of his agent to do so but you gotta work within the frame you're given.  So I get it.  However, the hostility towards White or comments like the player is causing this to me is stupid.  We as informed fans have got to know that...

Right, it is stupid. His agent could've taken a better approach.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 25, 2008, 10:46:34 AM

How much did GW make in the supplemental pool after the season? As I recall both he and Tanard did very well, making in the $200k range.

Yeah, imo, he still deserves a deal somewhere in the veteran minimum area ($750k) plus incentives.

#64 : April 25, 2008, 10:51:52 AM

How much did GW make in the supplemental pool after the season? As I recall both he and Tanard did very well, making in the $200k range.

Yeah, imo, he still deserves a deal somewhere in the veteran minimum area ($750k) plus incentives.

Sounds about right to me Lamond. I love that program.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 25, 2008, 10:57:21 AM

I think that for street FA's and rookies it's the best thing since sliced bread. So many guys get all their cash up front and coast. Guys like GW and T Jax didn't get those huge signing bonuses and busted their tails for that money. The NFL should cut rookies signing bonuses in half and put the difference in that pool.

#66 : April 25, 2008, 11:23:51 AM

I like what Roger Goodell has been saying on the subject lately. I hope they scale back the money the higher picks receive so there is more available for vets.

But what you're saying would make that pool even better !
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking!!!!!Greg White may want to be traded before the draft............ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools