Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jaybuc1

Rookie

QB
: December 10, 2006, 04:16:55 PM

If you do not think this team needs a franchise Qb you are sorely mistaken.  bruce plays OK until he makes his first mistake and then it is down the drain.  Rattay is not it and neither is Simms.  Say what you want about the defense, but this team needs a QB. As a fan of the SEC Russell does not impress me much.  The only QB I want is Brady Quinn.  The guy has played in a pro style offense for the last two years and excelled. If it takes firing Gruden to get that QB then so be it.  Watching guys like Rivers and manning makes me desperate.  Even Cutler looks better than Bruce.  i say QB or bust this draft.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

QB
#1 : December 10, 2006, 04:50:30 PM

I think it's very telling that Gruden had a meeting with Simms on Fri to try to get him to stay.  That & he finally pulled that 3rd back up & put him on the bench where he belongs.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
QB
#2 : December 10, 2006, 04:59:28 PM

Every team needs a "franchise" QB.  Who here has said the Bucs don't need one?  Drafting another rookie QB especially in the first round would be the biggest mistake made in the Gruden era and that' saying something since there have been many regarding personnel.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

QB
#3 : December 10, 2006, 05:43:04 PM

I think it's very telling that Gruden had a meeting with Simms on Fri to try to get him to stay. That & he finally pulled that 3rd back up & put him on the bench where he belongs.

any proof about the Gruden/Simms meeting or are you just blabbing again?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

QB
#4 : December 10, 2006, 06:38:22 PM

I think it's very telling that Gruden had a meeting with Simms on Fri to try to get him to stay. That & he finally pulled that 3rd back up & put him on the bench where he belongs.

When I came home & watched the game on tivo the announcers were talking about it.  I guess everybody was in the bathroom or getting beer refills.

T

Hall of Famer

QB
#5 : December 10, 2006, 06:41:55 PM

It's almost guranteed that the Bucs will have a top 3 pick if they don't draft Brady Quinn,Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson Gruden & Allen should be fired immdiately. Forget drafting defense in the 1st, there isn't a defensive player in this draft worth taking in the top 3.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

QB
#6 : December 10, 2006, 06:46:40 PM

I have read a few articles discussing this very thing...I wish I would remember everything...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 10, 2006, 06:50:19 PM

I think it's very telling that Gruden had a meeting with Simms on Fri to try to get him to stay.  That & he finally pulled that 3rd back up & put him on the bench where he belongs.

Hmmm....you heard this while watching the Tivo reply of today's games, a program that is about 3.5 hours long, yet you made this post less than 50 minutes after the game ended.

me think you are full of sh$%.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

QB
#8 : December 10, 2006, 06:50:55 PM

There's barely 10 franchise QBs in the league.  Maybe 10 more that I'd take QBing this team that aren't "franchise" guys.

We would be extremely fortunate to find and sign a franchise QB for any long period of time.  We don't HAVE to have a top 10 guy (though it would certainly make things easier), just a guy who can do more than manage a game (and that is neither a defense or a bashing of Gradkowski).  

A real offensive line wouldn't hurt either.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

QB
#9 : December 10, 2006, 06:59:29 PM

Hmmm....you heard this while watching the Tivo reply of today's games, a program that is about 3.5 hours long, yet you made this post less than 50 minutes after the game ended.

Are you saying she is lying about going to the game?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

QB
#10 : December 10, 2006, 07:00:10 PM

I think it's very telling that Gruden had a meeting with Simms on Fri to try to get him to stay.  That & he finally pulled that 3rd back up & put him on the bench where he belongs.

I fast forward alot---I don't have to watch repeats of all that CRAP! And since some other people heard it too, it doesn't matter how much you don't like hearing it.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

QB
#11 : December 10, 2006, 07:02:13 PM

I don't think I could bring myself to watch a replay of that game.

It was bad enough being there.

I almost did something I have never done at a Bucs game - Leave early.

Ironically the only reason I didn't was because they brought Rattay in.

gone

Hall of Famer
QB
#12 : December 10, 2006, 07:04:46 PM

After what I've seen in the last 2 weeks I'll be stunned if Gruden is here next year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

QB
#13 : December 10, 2006, 07:19:02 PM

After what I've seen in the last 2 weeks I'll be stunned if Gruden is here next year.
He may be trying to keep Simms to save his job!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2006, 07:22:08 PM

He may be trying to keep Simms to save his job!

WOW the Glazers must be really stupid if signing a four year QB that is a flop in the offense actually weighs on their decision.   ;) :P

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools