Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For All The Haters Of Colton Brennan! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#15 : April 25, 2008, 01:51:46 AM

ok , i can see we still have some non believers of what brennan could do for us . well here are just a few things that need to be known about him ....
1. He Runs The WestCoast Offense
2. In Two Years , Only Two Years He Put Up These Numbers - 14,193 yds passing (3RD BEST IN NCAA) - 131 touchdowns (NCAA RECORD) and
 Only 42 INT ... Come on now people thats amazing , and he did it all in two years , can you say danm , cause i can , DANMMMMMMM
3. He Was A Freakin Walk On At Hawaii ,
4. In His 2nd Season , Being His Last , He Led Hawaii To It's 1st Ever Undefeated Season .....

I mean come on now bucs fans , you guys think he shouldnt be drafted earlier than the 5th round , youve got to be kidding me , or just kidding yourselves. now the only bad thing i seen from this amazing kid , is he lost the championship game to the BEST COLLEGE DEFENSE and got pummeled horribly throughout the game ... sorry but blame his offensive line for that one , they forgot how to block in the biggest game ever .....

Seriously , we need to think about brennan for a future quarterback as mush as everyone does brahm , flacco , or any of the other ones . he is an amazing guy , and would be a perfect fit for us , with say the 4th round pick maybe even 3rd .

1. Mike Jenkins or Desaun Jackson
2. Mario Manningham
3.Colton Brennan

thats an amazing top three selections..... now i cant wait for the draft on saturday , i hope that the bucs pick brennan , it would be a bold , but smart move .

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

Raideneers

Starter

#16 : April 25, 2008, 05:19:35 AM

3rd or 4th for Brennan is too high. Even at that, If we were going to gamble on a QB I'd rather wait till the 5th and grab Dixon.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 25, 2008, 09:55:02 AM

1. He Runs The WestCoast Offense

Since when?  That would probably be his best fit in the NFL, sure.  But since when has that been Hawaii's scheme?

2. In Two Years , Only Two Years He Put Up These Numbers - 14,193 yds passing (3RD BEST IN NCAA) - 131 touchdowns (NCAA RECORD) and
 Only 42 INT ... Come on now people thats amazing , and he did it all in two years , can you say danm , cause i can , DANMMMMMMM

If college stats were important, Danny Wuerffel would be finishing up his Hall of Fame career these days.

3. He Was A Freakin Walk On At Hawaii ,

Good for him.  What does that have to do with his quality as an NFL prospect?

4. In His 2nd Season , Being His Last , He Led Hawaii To It's 1st Ever Undefeated Season .....

Again, what on earth does that have to do with how well he will or won't do in the NFL.  He was a hell of a player for Hawaii.  That does not inherently say anything about how well he'll do in the NFL.

In short, the positives you mention are pretty much meaningless and he has way, WAY too many red flags to be anything more than a late-round draft pick

2goodbucs

Starter
#18 : April 25, 2008, 10:14:41 AM

Since when?  That would probably be his best fit in the NFL, sure.  But since when has that been Hawaii's scheme?

Actually before Brennan went to Hawaii he used to play on a West Coast Offense in Colorado where he got kicked out for that incident when he was drunk. In high school they also ran the WC style offense. When he went to Hawaii, he easily transitioned into June Jones' Run&Shoot offense.

Jeff Garcia even said himself that Colt Brennan is a lot like him. During Brennan's tenure in Hawaii people were comparing him to Dan Marino. There must be a reason why 49ers coach Mike Martz is always talking about Brennan. He must see something in Colt.

Raideneers

Starter

#19 : April 25, 2008, 10:16:29 AM

Dan Marino? Huh?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 25, 2008, 10:20:17 AM

Watching some of his workouts, he was sorely lacking in arm strength (bigtime), and he was off target quite a bit.

I can see him going undrafted, and being picked up by a team like the Chiefs, or Vikes.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 25, 2008, 10:24:11 AM

shyne4DaBuccs,

There is no way he can be a starting NFL QB, he DID NOT put up 14,193 yds passing (3RD BEST IN NCAA) - 131 touchdowns (NCAA RECORD) IN two years.

I dont know where you got that from dude, 7,000 yards passing average a year? He would be the number one overall pick of that was the case and a national champion... In the words of Gruden, you out of your freaking skull? Those are numbers from 2005-2007....

Stat Overview Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2005 350 515 4301 68.0 8.35 87 35 13 34 155.49
2006 406 559 5549 72.6 9.93 79 58 12 26 185.96
2007 359 510 4343 70.4 8.52 67 38 17 28 159.85

And he is the smallest 6'3" QB I have ever seen. He looks like he is going to break everytime someone hits him...
If your going to say something please come with real facts and real stats...

Your ENTIRE assessment is based off of last year. I dont know what site you were looking at but it was outdated bro. Hawaii did NOT go undefeated this year, that was in 2006 when he had his best year in my opinion...

He will be given a shot, but you are making him to be a God, and he isnt...

#22 : April 25, 2008, 10:45:19 AM

Is it his arm strength or his throwing motion?

Watching his highlight reels it looks like he winds up...that can be corrected. However if you have had a good draft and can afford to take a risk on a "former" first round level QB in the 4-5 range I dont see the risk really. He has all the tools that Jon wants (Garcia has no arm strength either)...I was dead set against him in the second or first when he was up there but I wouldnt get upset if we took a chance on him late in the draft (if Dixon/Johnson are already off the board)

The kid could really be a steal

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#23 : April 25, 2008, 12:58:36 PM

TBCBUCCS :

There is no way he can be a starting NFL QB, he DID NOT put up 14,193 yds passing (3RD BEST IN NCAA) - 131 touchdowns (NCAA RECORD) IN two years.

I dont know where you got that from dude, 7,000 yards passing average a year? He would be the number one overall pick of that was the case and a national champion... In the words of Gruden, you out of your freaking skull? Those are numbers from 2005-2007....

Hey Genious Watch The Video I Underlined At The Top Of My Thread , Youll See His Stats In Two Years , Just Like I Put Them , Yeah 7,000 Yds Average and you guys think hes not a high round pick ...... hahhahha think again

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#24 : April 25, 2008, 01:00:27 PM

and those are all true facts coming from nfl.com

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 25, 2008, 01:02:29 PM

College Production doesn't always indicate pro success.

Guys like Michael Hart, J.J. Arrington and Ryan Grice-Mullen put up huge numbers but aren't regarded as high quality prospects because they simply lack/lacked the physical tools to succeed at the next level.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 25, 2008, 01:08:26 PM

3 words:  Arena Football League

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 25, 2008, 01:13:28 PM

College production means zero for QBs without the requisite skill set. Ask Timmy Chang who also lit it up at Hawaii playing in a passing stat scheme against terrible competition. Ask Ty Detmer, David Klingler, and Robbie Bosco.

And Brennan didn't PLAY in the WCO at Colorado, as he was a redshirt before he got kicked out.

And Shyne, if you knew a thing about football, you'd know those are three year stats.

2goodbucs

Starter
#28 : April 25, 2008, 01:49:43 PM

College production means zero for QBs without the requisite skill set. Ask Timmy Chang who also lit it up at Hawaii playing in a passing stat scheme against terrible competition. Ask Ty Detmer, David Klingler, and Robbie Bosco.

And Brennan didn't PLAY in the WCO at Colorado, as he was a redshirt before he got kicked out.

And Shyne, if you knew a thing about football, you'd know those are three year stats.

Timmy Chang...tisk tisk tisk...that guy sucked big ones in college. He was nowhere near what Brennan could do. I used to hate watching his Kamakazi passes that would end up in interceptions. Right now Chang would be Brennans waterboy because Chang is terrible as a player.

True Brennan was red shirted but he did play (or practice) the WCO in Colorado. In Mater Dei High School he backed up Arizona's Matt Leinart.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 25, 2008, 02:21:35 PM

Chang again was a system QB, Brennan will be a great AFL QB and he will make a decent living, last time I checked Georgia is not in the NFL and he didn't look real good against that bunch
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For All The Haters Of Colton Brennan! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools