Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WSJ: Start stockpiling food « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 25, 2008, 09:20:31 PM

I don't care if the price of rice goes up.   Who in the usa eats rice anyway?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 25, 2008, 09:29:22 PM

I don't care if the price of rice goes up.   Who in the usa eats rice anyway?

Rice? Did you read the article?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 25, 2008, 10:14:21 PM

Did you read the article?

No.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : April 25, 2008, 10:51:08 PM

This one calls for Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarmist

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 25, 2008, 11:35:17 PM

i see your wikipedia and raise you a webster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theorist

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/overreaction

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 25, 2008, 11:36:17 PM

heard this yesterday and then immediately heard it discounted... i think some people get off on the drama of "lack of gas" or "stockpile food" or "hurricane preparedness, go buy 891745847 batteries".

Wow. Price of rice went up and a bunch of paranoid lunatics that think the government is out to get em had an anxiety attack and began buying rice by the truckload.

Always intelligent to follow in those footsteps.

Wake me up when the cows are gone, and I cant buy a burger.

Some people get off on preparing for their family, just in case and others just don't give a crap.

while your family sits in a bomb shelter surrounded by rice and water, i'll be sittin with mine at chilis. enjoy.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 25, 2008, 11:38:28 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_%28fable%29

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 26, 2008, 01:03:52 AM

heard this yesterday and then immediately heard it discounted... i think some people get off on the drama of "lack of gas" or "stockpile food" or "hurricane preparedness, go buy 891745847 batteries".

Wow. Price of rice went up and a bunch of paranoid lunatics that think the government is out to get em had an anxiety attack and began buying rice by the truckload.

Some people get off on preparing for their family, just in case and others just don't give a crap.

while your family sits in a bomb shelter surrounded by rice and water, i'll be sittin with mine at chilis. enjoy.

Nah, I'll be at the beach where I always am. And for the fool who doesn't protect his family in case
shortages or hyper-inflation? Good for you!

I love the alarmist and conspiracy theorist labels. It's pretty funny considering the source of this article.
The WSJ is known for their alarmist tone. LOL.

It never hurts to prepare. Especially if you have kids who rely on you to take care of them.

BTW, if you actually were informed just a little on this subject, you'd know that it wasn't
just rice and it's not just the US. The US has seen nothing compared with other parts of
the world. Let's hope it stays that way.

This is the part of the thread where oma posts the chart of the Dow.

Here's another source that is known for alarmist and conspiracy articles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/fashion/06survival.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Duck and Cover: It’s the New Survivalism

By ALEX WILLIAMS
Published: April 6, 2008

THE traditional face of survivalism is that of a shaggy loner in camouflage, holed up in a cabin in the wilderness and surrounded by cases of canned goods and ammunition.

It is not that of Barton M. Biggs, the former chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley. Yet in Mr. Biggs’s new book, “Wealth, War and Wisdom,” he says people should “assume the possibility of a breakdown of the civilized infrastructure.”

“Your safe haven must be self-sufficient and capable of growing some kind of food,” Mr. Biggs writes. “It should be well-stocked with seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc. Think Swiss Family Robinson. Even in America and Europe there could be moments of riot and rebellion when law and order temporarily completely breaks down.”

Survivalism, it seems, is not just for survivalists anymore.

Faced with a confluence of diverse threats — a tanking economy, a housing crisis, looming environmental disasters, and a sharp spike in oil prices — people who do not consider themselves extremists are starting to discuss doomsday measures once associated with the social fringes.

Full Article at link...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 26, 2008, 01:07:02 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoarding

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 26, 2008, 01:47:30 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/buryheadinsand

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 26, 2008, 07:01:20 AM

America: The greatest nation on earth in the entire history of the planet. Its working citizens will never, ever have to worry about obtaining staple foods. Count on it.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 26, 2008, 07:02:35 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/buryheadinsand

???

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Buryheadinsand in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 26, 2008, 07:17:28 AM

Your safe haven must be self-sufficient and capable of growing some kind of food,� Mr. Biggs writes. �It should be well-stocked with seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc. Think Swiss Family Robinson. Even in America and Europe there could be moments of riot and rebellion when law and order temporarily completely breaks down.[/b]

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 26, 2008, 08:26:43 AM

Nah, I'll be at the beach where I always am. And for the fool who doesn't protect his family in case
shortages or hyper-inflation? Good for you!

I love the alarmist and conspiracy theorist labels. It's pretty funny considering the source of this article.
The WSJ is known for their alarmist tone. LOL.

It never hurts to prepare. Especially if you have kids who rely on you to take care of them.

BTW, if you actually were informed just a little on this subject, you'd know that it wasn't
just rice and it's not just the US. The US has seen nothing compared with other parts of
the world. Let's hope it stays that way.

This is the part of the thread where oma posts the chart of the Dow.

Here's another source that is known for alarmist and conspiracy articles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/fashion/06survival.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Duck and Cover: It�s the New Survivalism

By ALEX WILLIAMS
Published: April 6, 2008

THE traditional face of survivalism is that of a shaggy loner in camouflage, holed up in a cabin in the wilderness and surrounded by cases of canned goods and ammunition.

It is not that of Barton M. Biggs, the former chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley. Yet in Mr. Biggs�s new book, �Wealth, War and Wisdom,� he says people should �assume the possibility of a breakdown of the civilized infrastructure.�

�Your safe haven must be self-sufficient and capable of growing some kind of food,� Mr. Biggs writes. �It should be well-stocked with seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc. Think Swiss Family Robinson. Even in America and Europe there could be moments of riot and rebellion when law and order temporarily completely breaks down.�

Faced with a confluence of diverse threats � a tanking economy, a housing crisis, looming environmental disasters, and a sharp spike in oil prices � people who do not consider themselves extremists are starting to discuss doomsday measures once associated with the social fringes.

Full Article at link...

hahahaha wow.

yes. i see, in the very near future, riots at wal-mart for the last can tomato soup.

as long as there are cats, we eat.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 26, 2008, 11:30:26 AM

America an Empire?

Are you serious?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WSJ: Start stockpiling food « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools