Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Relax, it's not Gruden's fault. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
: December 11, 2006, 03:17:40 AM

I don't want to see a QB drafted in any round.  I think Garcia would be good if we could get him.  I blame gruden for 50%.  He's not been good but the players execution of the offense and fundamentals on defense have been horrible.

Jeff Garcia is 36 years old!  Are you so near sighted that you would pass on a franchise QB for maybe one good year from Garcia?  The golden rule of the draft is you don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't already have one.

My vision is fine.  You think ignoring the poor players we have at other positions and taking another rookie QB is the answer to all the problems.  With a coach that does so well with rookies(sarcasm obviously)  and has publicly said he wants a vet under center?  Who cares if Garcia is 36, we may only need him for a year or two.  McCown or Grads could come around or we find another FA.  Maybe we draft one for the 08/09 season.  You should have also put a maybe before "franchise QB" since that is not guaranteed and is a crap shoot at best.  The top prospects may become great but they could also flop worse than Ryan Leaf.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#1 : December 11, 2006, 01:54:26 AM

I still dont understand the defending of Gruden by some of you folks.

Of course he should get some blame, I'm just saying there isn't a coach in the world that would be winning with the current talent on the field.  We need a QB.  Can u imagine if we went with Brees in the off-season?  We'd be 9-4.

Its the QB folks...and as for defending Gruden.....I will defend him because I want him to stay.....I love you guys that think a new coach is always good.  Like the back-up QB.  Everyone roots for the back-up QB.

I just thinK Gruden is getting a bad rap and that we should at least give him another season.  I mean he showed some hope in a rebuilding year last season.

Maybe we need a GM that isn't Gruden's puppet.  Get a guy that will agree with Gruden on some things and argue with him on another.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2006, 08:46:49 AM

I still dont understand the defending of Gruden by some of you folks.

Of course he should get some blame, I'm just saying there isn't a coach in the world that would be winning with the current talent on the field.  We need a QB.  Can u imagine if we went with Brees in the off-season?  We'd be 9-4.

Its the QB folks...and as for defending Gruden.....I will defend him because I want him to stay.....I love you guys that think a new coach is always good.  Like the back-up QB.  Everyone roots for the back-up QB.

I just thinK Gruden is getting a bad rap and that we should at least give him another season.  I mean he showed some hope in a rebuilding year last season.

Maybe we need a GM that isn't Gruden's puppet.  Get a guy that will agree with Gruden on some things and argue with him on another.

Only 2 things can save Gruden... Getting a good OC, and him losing his ego, but since I know neither are possible... it's time for him to go.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#3 : December 10, 2006, 04:54:46 PM

Listen I understand that we are absolutely terrible this year.  That has a lot to do with the QB position.  Listen, I was on the Gradkowski banwagon just like most of us, but after he has yet to throw a touchdown since I think a month, I have lost hope.  I understand he is a rookie, but I truley believe that if this team can get a VETERAN QB, we will be fine.

We are wasting our time if we draft a Brady Quinn or Troy Smith or whoever high in next years draft.  We will just get the same results that we are getting with Gradkowski or the Cards with Leinart.  Very rarely would u see a Vince Young type performance out of your rookie QB.

If we can get a veteran QB that is solid, like Jake Plummer, than I will be happy.  I know your first reaction is wanting to puke, but in all honestly this guy has done pretty well in Denver leading them to the playoffs every year.  I really don't think anyone else will be available...maybe Leftwich.  Either way we need one of them, with Plummer being the more capable one of tampa's offense.

I am just as confused as the next guy with the way Clayton and Cadillac have played after their rookie years.  I know most of you guys want to blame Gruden, but honestly how on earth is it his fault that Cadillac fumbles or Cadillac rushes for -2 yards or that Clayton drops the ball or that Gradkowski can't hold onto the ball.

If anything it's the youth of the offense.  I like the idea of Alex Smith, Cadilac Williams, Maurice Stovall, Michael Clayton, Davin Joseph, Dan Buenning, and Jeremy Trueblood being part of the offense for the next 10 years....but there will be growing pains.

This season was over before it even began.  When Chris Simms fell flat on his face....we were done.  When Gradkowski, a 6th round pick, was our only hope, we were done.  Now, I hope Simms moves on...so we can get a veteran QB that is proven.  I'd like to see McCown and Gradkowski stay for depth, but I dont think I could go another season with Chris "I throw 3 picks a game" Simms or Bruce "I can't top 150 yards passing" Gradkowski.

If your not fond of the veteran QB idea...wasn't Brad Johnson one we brought in and then he won the super bowl a few years later?

We need to draft Calvin Johnson in the draft next year.  He is a legit #1.  I think we all over-estimated Clayton based on his rookie year.  Let's face it, there was no1 else to throw too.  I still think hes a good #2 receiver, but he isn't the #1 we had hoped.  I like STOVALL to be our slot receiver as well for the future.  As for next year, go with Galloway as the #1, then go with Johnson starting with Clayton getting #2 time as well.  After next season, we are set with our 3 young WRs....

Then with the 2 2nd rounders and our 3rd round pick...go with DEFENSE....

We have alot of cap room....GET A VETERAN QB.(IM TIRED OF THIS HORRID PLAY from the QB position.  We havent had good consistant play since Brad Johnson in 2003, in which he tailed off at the end.

Then go after some solid players...like a great LT(Leonard Davis), a good linebacker(Thomas or Briggs), a CB(Clements)

Ofcourse they are all cream of the crop, but we need to at least spend some money and get some impact players.  After all when we won the SB, we brought in Pittman, McCardell, Jurevicius, Dilger, and Spires. 

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 10, 2006, 04:56:03 PM

I say no to Jake "The Mistake" Plummer

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 10, 2006, 04:56:37 PM

Seriously... 99% of this season falls on Gruden....

Badabingnrt

Starter

#6 : December 10, 2006, 04:57:45 PM

care to explain yourself.

I'll admit I hate it when he calls pass plays near the goaline...but then again most QBs wouldnt throw INTs in that situation

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 10, 2006, 04:58:02 PM

No Plummer.

Trade for Carr.  Consider Garcia if he's available.

The answer is probably in the draft if a top caliber QB is there with a top 3 pick.  Even that is very risky. 

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 10, 2006, 04:59:54 PM

I'll admit I hate it when he calls pass plays near the goaline...but then again most QBs wouldnt throw INTs in that situation

It is very easy.. he has HIS guys now. HIS offense, HIS running back, HIS offensive line, HIS playcalling. The team played WITH NO HEART in the 2nd half.. that speaks volumes of the head coach.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : December 10, 2006, 05:01:21 PM

It is Jon Gruden's fault that this team is obviously not prepared/motivated to win.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 10, 2006, 05:01:41 PM

The team was fine until the critical turnover for a TD.  They were driving and that was well into the 3rd quarter.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 10, 2006, 05:01:50 PM

I don't want to see a QB drafted in any round.  I think Garcia would be good if we could get him.  I blame gruden for 50%.  He's not been good but the players execution of the offense and fundamentals on defense have been horrible.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 10, 2006, 05:03:24 PM

LMFAO!

agenda, agenda, agenda...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 10, 2006, 05:04:04 PM

It is very easy.. he has HIS guys now. HIS offense, HIS running back, HIS offensive line, HIS playcalling. The team played WITH NO HEART in the 2nd half.. that speaks volumes of the head coach.

agenda

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 10, 2006, 05:06:11 PM

I don't want to see a QB drafted in any round.  I think Garcia would be good if we could get him.  I blame gruden for 50%.  He's not been good but the players execution of the offense and fundamentals on defense have been horrible.

Jeff Garcia is 36 years old!  Are you so near sighted that you would pass on a franchise QB for maybe one good year from Garcia?  The golden rule of the draft is you don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't already have one.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Relax, it's not Gruden's fault. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools