Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Relax, it's not Gruden's fault. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2006, 05:26:25 PM

I don't get involved in this stuff too often, but 9 friggin' points in two games, in which one opponent is not going to the playoffs and the other one is 50/50. The Bucs are getting embarrassed my mediocre teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 10, 2006, 05:30:38 PM

where were all these trolls when we won the division last year?  Everytime we loose a game they comeout like ants at a picnic.  Hey News flash ... we are playing like trash this year, but you ain't gonna get your wish yet ... if we see a repeat like this next year, then yes change will happen, but I don't see how this loss changed anything in the minds of the POWERS THAT BE to all of a sudden think now they have to fire him.  He's gonna be here next year like it or not.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 10, 2006, 05:38:14 PM

where were all these trolls when we won the division last year? Everytime we loose a game they comeout like ants at a picnic. Hey News flash ... we are playing like trash this year, but you ain't gonna get your wish yet ... if we see a repeat like this next year, then yes change will happen, but I don't see how this loss changed anything in the minds of the POWERS THAT BE to all of a sudden think now they have to fire him. He's gonna be here next year like it or not.

most fans are fickle man...  they just like to complain and place blame someplace...

Badabingnrt

Starter

#33 : December 10, 2006, 05:50:01 PM

for those calling me a newbie....I've been a Buc Fan for a while....I used to be on the Buccaneers.com message board, but I'm sure you know that they will ban you for spelling the word "the" wrong.

I think I posted something cursing Martin Grammatica....It was in the 2003 season towards the end of the year.....They bannned me.  Since then I have been posting on the Eagles message board.  I live in the Philly Area....but loved the Bucs.  Huge fans of Alstott, Brooks, Sapp, Lynch.  That defense was amazing.

And as I'm a Gruden Supporter, I agree that his play calling at times pisses me off, but honestly it's not his fault for the inemptness of the offense.  We have a good supporting cast and the offensive line is improving.

Our problem is the QB Position.  It all starts right there....  Now Gradkowski isn't the worst.....but he is a rookie and I think we should keep him as a #2 for next year.

Just ask yourself this, for all your Gruden haters....how many other coaches would have the Bucs with a winning record with the way the seaosn has played out....No Brian Kelly, No Simeon Rice, No Kenyatta Walker, starter goes down in week 3; Starter stinks before that.  Then you ride it out with a 6th round rookie who has pratice squad players on the defense, poor running game, and still horrid special teams.

If anything, stop calling for Gruden's head and START CALLING for Bruce Allen.  We didn't bring in anybody last off-season and that is never a recipe for success.  Our biggest additions were on the offensive line, and they could only do so much.

Jeff Garcia is not the asnwer, he doesnt throw for yards.  Drew Bledsoe and Mark Brunell are terrible fits for most teams let alone ours.  We need a mobile QB and I like Leftwich, but he is not Mobile.

I seriously doubt the Texans get rid of Carr and even so....will he be any better then Simms or Gradkowski...we would be as good as the Texans....

My dream would be Culpepper...He has a tremendous arm and would be awesome.  However, I doubt they get rid of him.  Plummer isn't bad either.

I'm just saying, I rather go with a VET then have another terrible season next year with Brady Quinn or "Akili Smith like" Troy Smith.  Dont we realize by now that drafting franchise QBs don't work out for us....I.E. Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Vinny Testeverde, Chris Simms, Shaun King, Joe Hamilton.

Brad Johnson.....heck maybe might want the BULL back for next year...

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#34 : December 10, 2006, 05:58:07 PM

Umm. If 99% of the teams failure is on gruden then what percent is on Kiffin for Not coachin his Safety up to make a tackle on a fullback?  If 99% is on gruden then how much is on Muir for not teachin Davis how to block his man, and then cover a fumble. If 99% is on gruden then how much is on his players that fumble the ball. If 99% is on gruden what about the times when his men are wide ass open and drop a ball, perfect play call bad player.  theres a difference and what you said is by far the stupidest crap i have ever heard.  Get off gruden cause if his plays were executed we would be in a much better situation. his radio goes off after the play call he can't be like "hey Grad you got a man wide open down the sideline hit him", thats on the QB.
Simple, Gruden is the HC.  The HC (Gruden) IS responsible for the team's productivity.  Guy like you want to credit him for the SB, but don't want to credit him for three dismal seasons.  Worse yet, Gruden is the OC, and the offence has never been consistantly good.  Points per game for most of his tenure as been terrible.  I think Gruden is a good coach, but might be in over his head without a solid supporting staff, coaches, scouts & GM.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#35 : December 10, 2006, 06:30:46 PM

Jon Gruden + Bruce Allen= package deal.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : December 10, 2006, 10:34:47 PM

I call it like I see it... you still defend Gruden even after he has created the worst Bucs team since 1992, heck we havent even been winless in our own division since 1977... Shows how much he has brought the Bucs down.

I'm not defending him as much as I am just tired of all the blame being placed on him...

ok, if we fire Gruden, who do YOU want to replace him with???  You have all the answers, let's hear this one...
Bob Stoops.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 10, 2006, 10:38:11 PM

I call it like I see it... you still defend Gruden even after he has created the worst Bucs team since 1992, heck we havent even been winless in our own division since 1977... Shows how much he has brought the Bucs down.

I'm not defending him as much as I am just tired of all the blame being placed on him...

ok, if we fire Gruden, who do YOU want to replace him with??? You have all the answers, let's hear this one...
Bob Stoops.
C'mon Corpse...you can do better than that...

BucfaninDC

Starter

#38 : December 10, 2006, 10:42:51 PM

ok, if we fire Gruden, who do YOU want to replace him with??? You have all the answers, let's hear this one...
Bob Stoops.

Can we get Sean Peyton?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 10, 2006, 10:47:16 PM

I'm available, except on Friday nights...but hey, I'd just give the team the night off, tell them to get as drunk as they could, and then slap fives with Mike Clayton as me and him would be the best of carousers...

I'd skip with the fur coat though, that old school Pacino 70's leather is more my style...

So what say you?  Am I hired?  I am at least good for team chemistry.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#40 : December 10, 2006, 10:47:48 PM

Bob Stoops.
Boyd.. yo umean the guy who only lost 2 games all year (one of which was on an absolute garbage call) without his starting running back AND lost his starting QB right before summer practice? You should really do some reading on him.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#41 : December 10, 2006, 10:49:24 PM

I'm available, except on Friday nights...but hey, I'd just give the team the night off, tell them to get as drunk as they could, and then slap fives with Mike Clayton as me and him would be the best of carousers...

I'd skip with the fur coat though, that old school Pacino 70's leather is more my style...

So what say you? Am I hired? I am at least good for team chemistry.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 10, 2006, 10:51:28 PM

It is Jon Gruden's fault that this team is obviously not prepared/motivated to win.

Is this copied and pasted?  

You know why the qb position is where it is at, you are an Insider, and others as well as I have explained the issues on other threads.  You are chosing to repetitively attack - which is certainly reflective of your opinion, but don't act like you don't know the answers.  You do, but choose to ignore the reality of the situation.  

You have the knowledge and the ability to research the issues and choose not to.  Those limited to the Red Board do not.  It is important for all to understand the bucs were forced to take huge risks due to the salary cap constraints, and the trading of draft choices for players and coaches.  The bucs tried to get better qbs over the past several years, and could not afford them.  The same with the Oline.  Now salary cap hell is ending, and draft position is good.  

Now, not then, and you knew all this.  So why?  If you just dislike him say so.  Don't hide behind the crap Guru, Corpse and others say bc they don't know.  You know, but act like you don't.  I don't get it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#43 : December 10, 2006, 11:10:22 PM

The hell with all the reasons/excuses. None of them make up for how bad this team is. And it IS the HC's job to havew them prepared & motivated & they are neither! They are not even competitve. Just because I know the reasons doesn't mean I buy or agree with them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 10, 2006, 11:14:06 PM

You're right, the hell with reality, do it your way.  LOL.  Okay, that I can understand.  Guess I misjudge you.  My bad.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Relax, it's not Gruden's fault. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools