Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How About Something Other than QB? « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 10, 2006, 04:59:25 PM

21 other guys started for us out there.

Let's talk about the OL and Caddy's 2.4 ypc this week.  That's impressive vs that ATL rush defense ranked 27th.

Let's toss some love at Caddy fumbling second week in a row.

Throw some love at a DL held sackless again.

How about that defense allowed Howard Grifftih to get 4.8 ypc?

We can talk QB all day but wow, so many people came through for us today.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 10, 2006, 05:01:07 PM

Exactly. 

The entire season has pretty much been like this though, if you really look at it that way.

IT is much more than Gruden/Grads to blame here...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 10, 2006, 05:02:18 PM

not really, it's all gruden's fault.

::)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 10, 2006, 05:02:49 PM

21 other guys started for us out there.

Let's talk about the OL and Caddy's 2.4 ypc this week.  That's impressive vs that ATL rush defense ranked 27th.

Let's toss some love at Caddy fumbling second week in a row.

Throw some love at a DL held sackless again.

How about that defense allowed Howard Grifftih to get 4.8 ypc?

We can talk QB all day but wow, so many people came through for us today.

Buchanon and Pitt were the sole bright spots.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 10, 2006, 05:03:40 PM

This team had a good chance at victory until the game changing play.  Grads held it way too long there and Davis made two mistakes.

Caddy's fumble was unfortunate but Davin couldn't make his block and Caddy was ambushed from behind.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 10, 2006, 05:04:08 PM

Buchanon did play a good game.  He is a former first rounder who has been known to flash games like this though...few and far between...

It would be worth keeping this guy as a future backup/nickel/dime back.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 10, 2006, 05:04:28 PM

not really, it's all gruden's fault.

::)

the Titanic had a design flaw that made it sinking possible. The owner of the line asked for more speed. Doesn't matter, it is still the captain's fault because he is god on that ship. Gruden is captain of this ship so in the end it is all his fault, some of you act like none of it is his fault whihc is even funnier.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 10, 2006, 05:05:30 PM

Buchanon and Pitt were the sole bright spots.

The INT was a terrible Valtrex throw but Buchanon did something he is not known for doing and stayed physical. Other than that he was sort of invisible.

Easy MVP today is Pittman.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 10, 2006, 05:05:36 PM

50% right Boid......Gru is the HC and he carries the can for the teams performances.  He got a lucky break in year one by winning the SB but if we hadn't won it I doubt we would be talking about him now.  This is a what have you done for me lately world, and Gruden needs judging on the last twelve months progress.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 10, 2006, 05:08:42 PM

50% right Boid......Gru is the HC and he carries the can for the teams performances.  He got a lucky break in year one by winning the SB but if we hadn't won it I doubt we would be talking about him now.  This is a what have you done for me lately world, and Gruden needs judging on the last twelve months progress.
Ultimately, it WILL be his fault, and his head should roll if he fails to get the job done next year.

But breaking it down, the injuries, the piss poor playmaking skills, the mediocre talent, a lot of this has to play a huge factor.  The team has money to spend, which means they should be on the lower tier of wins/losses.  Money buys quality, and provides depth.  The Bucs are working with, once again, Duct Tap, when they need a welding torch...

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 10, 2006, 05:09:03 PM

Gruden rolled the dice at the QB spot.  I'm sure he was surprised as anyone when Simms stunk so bad and then was out for the year.

Like it or not, the season was more or less over at 0-3.  When you start that bad you're done in this league.

The team couldn't afford Griese and Simms.  Like many, I was wooed over by Simms good play down the stretch but the batted balls were there (they were the difference against the Skins) and Simms never completely grasped the offense.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 10, 2006, 05:12:48 PM

Gruden rolled the dice at the QB spot. I'm sure he was surprised as anyone when Simms stunk so bad and then was out for the year.

Like it or not, the season was more or less over at 0-3. When you start that bad you're done in this league.

The team couldn't afford Griese and Simms. Like many, I was wooed over by Simms good play down the stretch but the batted balls were there (they were the difference against the Skins) and Simms never completely grasped the offense.

I never understood how people could say this.  The man understood the offense, in live game he had plenty of games where he looked more than competent.  Of course, there were the low output affairs that marred his image as well, but the man threw picks, and that is bad, but that is just Simms being errant in his throws, not being errant in his understanding of the O.

As for the batted balls, Simms has said he never has his passes batted in practice, and that PVC pipe thing was hillarious(ly stupid). 

Hackett has to do a better job of working with Simms on his mechanics.  A PVC pipe?  Jesus that is lame. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How About Something Other than QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools