Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The shock and Awe of the Talib pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: April 26, 2008, 05:28:52 PM

I tried to tell fans earlier in the week this was coming

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 26, 2008, 05:30:03 PM

I tried to tell fans earlier in the week this was coming

I like the pick.  There are some off field concerns but I am sure the Bucs have done their homework. 

MVP

Pro Bowler

#2 : April 26, 2008, 05:31:04 PM

What the hell are they thinking?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 26, 2008, 05:33:10 PM

What the hell are they thinking?

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Bucs probably are thinking Talib will be a pretty good CB.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 26, 2008, 05:34:26 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Madman

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 26, 2008, 05:34:49 PM

Great pick. Talib has some real skills and swagger. Raheem will mold him into a stud.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 26, 2008, 05:35:15 PM

I'm a lot more lenient on the defensive side, especially where Raheem Morris is involved. Not in love with it, but like it better than Mike Jenkins or reaching for a marginal first round WR. The way these WRs are dropping we should be ok in round 2 there.

I always felt we were in the "meh" area of round 1 anyway.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 26, 2008, 05:36:32 PM

With Jenkins, Brohm and Mendenhall on the board, would not mind seeng them sending a 2009 first round pick and this years third rounder for a pick in the first round to select either Brohm or Mendenhall

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#8 : April 26, 2008, 05:40:57 PM

I love this pick. As long as he keeps his act together , he will be a beast in this cover 2.......IMO

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 26, 2008, 05:43:47 PM

With Jenkins, Brohm and Mendenhall on the board, would not mind seeng them sending a 2009 first round pick and this years third rounder for a pick in the first round to select either Brohm or Mendenhall

Wow, you would do that for Jenkins still though we have Talib? I'd do it for Brohm and then go WR in the 2nd.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : April 26, 2008, 05:45:40 PM

How he is better than Mike Jenkins, Brandon Flowers, or Antoine Cason is wayyyyyy beyond me. The Bucs had atleast 6-8 guys that would be better at 20, yet decide not to move down. Even if all you get out of it is a 3rd or so.. MOVE DOWN! If Talib is here to replace BK and be put on an island this guy is going to be TOAST.

atlbuc

Second String

#11 : April 26, 2008, 06:02:51 PM

I'm surprised he got picked in the first round - most had him projected as a second rounder and most likely we could have traded down and still picked him. I'm kinda disappointed we passed on Mike Jenkins ...... we just can't seem to pull just one trade in the first round.

Mike Clayton, Davin Joseph....now Talib becomes the third first round pick we could have picked up much later....and to top it off, the Saints got Sedrick Ellis.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 26, 2008, 06:05:32 PM

he will be a beast in this cover 2.......IMO

why do you say this?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 26, 2008, 06:05:40 PM

Since when was Talib slated as a 2nd round pick?  By most estimations he was picked within range of his projection.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : April 26, 2008, 06:10:18 PM

some had Talib as a top 15 pick. CBs fell a bit, but don't knock this kids skills.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The shock and Awe of the Talib pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools