Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The shock and Awe of the Talib pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 26, 2008, 07:03:27 PM

Bad pick, Jenkins would have been better.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#31 : April 26, 2008, 08:56:08 PM

I tried to tell fans earlier in the week this was coming

Mike Jenkins was a smoke in mirrors

People at the draft party what Pizzed when they passed on Jenkins...Talib is a much better corner however...FO did their homework and didnt fall for the "Homer" pick

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 26, 2008, 09:15:24 PM

why? because he is a local guy?  would there be as much jenkins love on this board if he didnt play for the hometown team?  compare their int and pass deflection numbers.  talib has the best ball skills of any CB in the draft.  he fills arguably our biggest need.  just because we chose a player that we weren't previoulsy linked to doesn't make it a bad pick.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 26, 2008, 09:19:39 PM

I hated the pick at first and would have prefered Cason or Flowers but I'm somewhat warming up to it.

skip

Starter

#34 : April 26, 2008, 09:20:05 PM

Its a bad pick if he test positive for pot.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 26, 2008, 09:23:32 PM

at first i was puzzled by our picks but after thinking about it we may have some playmakers, if nothing else we sure have some speed

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 26, 2008, 09:31:00 PM

Well, Jenkins has asthma and was arrested for disorderly and resisting arrest, and Talib's stats were much better than his as well, but you've got to be right...

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#37 : April 26, 2008, 09:33:20 PM

I was against the Talib pick or any CB in round 1. CB is really deep with talent this year. But, like with most high picks, I tried to rationalize it and we did get a bigger CB with good (game) speed and great ball skills. It kinda stinks that most of Jordy Nelson's highlight reel is composed of him though.

The Dex Jackson pick is the one I can't understand. I honestly have tried to look at it objectively and I still think it's absolutely a garbage pick. Like Colmer. But prove me wrong kid.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 26, 2008, 09:34:53 PM

Guess Raheem disagrees with ya'all.  And I will take his opinion over posters on this board, including mine.

If Raheem wants him, then that's good enough for me.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 26, 2008, 09:35:11 PM

Mike Jenkins was a smoke in mirrors

People at the draft party what Pizzed when they passed on Jenkins...Talib is a much better corner however...FO did their homework and didnt fall for the "Homer" pick

Yeah.... Talib is just smoke though....but seriously I'm not going to let weed change my mind on him and his skills. it's not like he is freebasing in a bathroom or something. Give him a chance before you wreck him, you could be buying his jersey soon. He is going to be learning under Barber and Morris. Those two could make an O-Lineman a decent CB

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 26, 2008, 09:36:54 PM

People at the draft party what Pizzed when they passed on Jenkins...

Yeah, like when the Bucs passed on Mike Williams.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 26, 2008, 09:40:04 PM

too much love for the hometown jenkins.  you compare the ball skills of talib and jenkins and its not even close.  take off the homer glasses folks.  corner was arguably our biggest need and we drafted an all-american corner. maybe not the one some people wanted but that doesnt mean he isn't a good player.  i admit i liked cason and flowers in our scheme but i'm willing to defer to the coaching staff on this one. 

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 26, 2008, 09:41:36 PM

Â   Kiffin/Gruden want more turnovers from the defense, so getting the CB with the best ball skills in the draft makes perfectly good sense to me. And he can play some WR...
 Â   Now if we can land Jason Taylor tomorrow, we'll be good to go!

LA BUC

Starter

#43 : April 26, 2008, 10:53:56 PM

The kid has great size and speed, could be that shut down CB we need to get off the field.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 26, 2008, 10:56:06 PM

A "I toldya so" thread.......brilliant!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The shock and Awe of the Talib pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools