Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Post Game PC « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

watson

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 10, 2006, 06:12:44 PM

I do not know what Gruden is looking for with that statement at the QB position at this point. But what I do know is that you do not need a QB to be dominating to field an average offense. I am just not seeing it.
But you do need a QB that can manage the game and deliver the ball where it is supposed to be delivered.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 10, 2006, 06:13:17 PM

When I watched tivo, it was reported during the game.

BS......I watched the game and no mention was made of that.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 10, 2006, 06:14:11 PM

me thinks Karen is opperating on wishful thinking...

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 10, 2006, 06:15:21 PM

If Gruden is trying to make false promises to Simms (like he did with McCardell) then he should be fired.  Simms had every chance to succeed (groomed for years before he was tossed in the frying pan, named the starter way before camp, etc.) and he looked like a rookie most of the first 3 games. 

Gruden is crazy if he thinks somehow the light will turn on now. 

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#34 : December 10, 2006, 06:15:36 PM

I heard something similar to that too.  The wife was making noise so I didn't get exactly what was said, but whatever it was, I thought it was odd.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 10, 2006, 06:16:37 PM

I do not know what Gruden is looking for with that statement at the QB position at this point. But what I do know is that you do not need a QB to be dominating to field an average offense. I am just not seeing it.
But you do need a QB that can manage the game and deliver the ball where it is supposed to be delivered. 

QB's that can manage a game?  Every single QB that has started under Gruden in Tampa has done that.  Like I said if he needs another Gannon to field an average offense that is not good.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 10, 2006, 06:17:33 PM

He's not trying to field an average offense. He's trying to field a great one.

That makes no sense. How about start trying to field an average offense before trying to field a great one???

That is like saying you should learn to walk before you crawl.

It makes perfect sense.  In order to have a great offense you need great players.  Gruden is trying to be great.  The plan is to pass through average on the way to great.  By your account we should only get average players and when the offense is average we just stay there?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 10, 2006, 06:21:14 PM

(like he did with McCardell)

That's crap.   From what I understood, McCardell went up to Gruden at the pro bowl and said he deserved more money since he's the number one guy now and a pro bowler.   Gruden said we'll take care of you.   What else is he supposed to say?   I think they were taking care of him at 2.5 million a year - he was already under contract but wanted more money because of the way circumstances fell.   I have no respect for a player like McCardell who signed a contract then wants more money because his team needs him more than they used to.    Simms is not like that at all.   You can't compare McCardell's situation to Simms'.    McCardell backed out of a contract he signed, Simms has honor and played out his contract like a man.  He's a free agent.  

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 10, 2006, 06:24:32 PM

Java, I'm just saying if Gruden talks Simms up now to make it looks like he's the man it is BS.  We all saw how Gruden gushed over Gradkowski, showing more positive emotion than he ever showed for Chris.  Chris just doesn't fit the offense and I would hate to see him sign here over a better deal thinking it is his job.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 10, 2006, 06:26:23 PM

Grads is not a starter.  Simms is starting caliber.

I hope the Bucs resign the kid.  The depth at QB is damned pathetic.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : December 10, 2006, 06:27:45 PM

Anybody want to compare Grads to Young & Lienart now?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 10, 2006, 06:28:20 PM

Java, I'm just saying if Gruden talks Simms up now to make it looks like he's the man it is BS. We all saw how Gruden gushed over Gradkowski, showing more positive emotion than he ever showed for Chris. Chris just doesn't fit the offense and I would hate to see him sign here over a better deal thinking it is his job.

I'm wondering if Gruden learned a lesson from that situation though.   Simms is obviously FAR better than Grads.  I believe Gruden saw a possible Gannon type in Grads, but now realizes that's a pipe dream and that he would have more success tailoring his system more to Simms' strengths.   At least I hope that's the case.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#42 : December 10, 2006, 06:29:49 PM

Grads is not a starter. Simms is starting caliber.

I hope the Bucs resign the kid. The depth at QB is damned pathetic.
It is funny how everyone wanted to have Simms' love child last year, off season, and TC.  After the second game everyone wanted Grad's love child.  Who's it gonna be next?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 10, 2006, 06:30:13 PM

Anybody want to compare Grads to Young & Lienart now?

Nobody ever did......they just compared his stats with other rookie QBs.  In all fairness I doubt many rookie QBs, or vets for that matter, would do much in this team.  The O-line is a mess, the running game is awful and the WR is just not making plays.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 10, 2006, 06:30:46 PM

Grads is not a starter. Simms is starting caliber.

I hope the Bucs resign the kid. The depth at QB is damned pathetic.
It is funny how everyone wanted to have Simms' love child last year, off season, and TC. After the second game everyone wanted Grad's love child. Who's it gonna be next?

Pa-shaw.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Post Game PC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools