Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3-10 does not allow you to be rude « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #15 : December 10, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »

Sporting events are no longer places to take the family.  A-holes in the stands mixed with beer equal a miserable time for all, except for the drunk A-hole.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #16 : December 10, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »

You should have pointed to the guy who said that, right into his face, and said "Arsehole."

T

Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 10, 2006, 06:34:59 PM »

They make Gradkowski jerseys?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #18 : December 10, 2006, 06:37:36 PM »

They make Gradkowski jerseys?

Sadly, that was my first thought as I read this too!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 10, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »

My daughter looked at the man, and she began to say something to him. I grabbed her forearm and turned her away. Perhaps, just perhaps, I should have let her continue. ;) It wouldn't have changed anything, however, and it would have been inappropriate to allow her to respond to negativity with negativity.

T, he has a white replica jersey by Reebok. We ordered it on-line.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #20 : December 10, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »

My daughter looked at the man, and she began to say something to him. I grabbed her forearm and turned her away. Perhaps, just perhaps, I should have let her continue. ;) It wouldn't have changed anything, however, and it would have been inappropriate to allow her to respond to negativity with negativity.
I would have said "Why would you say something like that to a child?" Then explained in a very loud voice to my son some that some people speakĀ  before they think & say rude things that they shouldn't.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 10, 2006, 06:45:14 PM »

I would have said "Why would you say something like that to a child?" Then explained ina very loud voice to my some that some people speak before they think & say rude things that they shouldn't.

Nah, you should have called him an arsehole...

It would be responding to life with the truth.  They are out there, you know.  The arseholes.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 10, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »

T, he has a white replica jersey by Reebok. We ordered it on-line.

You should have let her make the guy look like the a$$hole he clearly is right in front of everybody. Ā Never give an a$$hole a free pass!

T

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 10, 2006, 06:47:35 PM »

Grudenfan63-Sorry you had a bad experience at the Buc game with your kids but alcohol and a horrible team make people say stupid things. Also, please consult this board before buying player jerseys, I always refrain from buying players jerseys who may not be here for too long.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 10, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »

Anna was ready to conduct business right then and there. She has her mother's determination. On the drive home, she kept telling Anthony, "he was just a big bully. We should give him a sign that reads, 'Hi, I'm a big bully.'" Ā :) We pulled him off by himself when we arrived home, and he's feeling better now than he was a couple of hours ago. We'll get some food in him in a few minutes, and he'll be all right. As for me, I'm just disappointed.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 10, 2006, 06:56:41 PM »

There are people who take this game too seriously. My youngest daughter and youngest son were with me today, and my son was wearing his Gradkowski jersey. While we were leaving, a man looked my son's jersey. He pointed at it, looked at my son, looked back at the jersey and said, "loser!" Now, I don't know whether he was referring to Bruce Gradkowski. I don't care whether he was referring to Bruce Gradkowski. He pointed at an 8-year-old little boy and said, "loser!" My son looked up at me and asked me if the man was calling him that name. What in God's name would inspire an adult to act that way toward a child? 3-10 is sad, and it's depressing. But, it's a game. There are people who will argue that children shouldn't be allowed at football games. They've been around fans who have provided some very colorful language. But, until today, my son's never left a game with tears in his eyes. They could lose 35-0, but he enjoys the game. He even enjoyed today's game; until the idiot with his quick words.Ā  >:(

Not good to hear.   :(   Not sure how I would have handled it.   ???  I would have liked to call him out and slap him down if he gave anymore lip, but that isn't an option with your kids by your side.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #26 : December 10, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »

Consult the board before he buys a jersey? Why did he buy that jersey? Who the heck are
you to even ask those questions.

Who cares? The guy/kid can wear whatever jersey they he wants. I would never say anything to
anybody because of the jersey they were wearing.

Unfortunately, Tampa is filled with bozos who think they can say anything to anybody. It's a
sport folks. Get over it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 10, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »

Consult the board before he buys a jersey? Why did he buy that jersey? Who the heck are
you to even ask those questions.

Who cares? The guy/kid can wear whatever jersey they he wants. I would never say anything to
anybody because of the jersey they were wearing.

Unfortunately, Tampa is filled with bozos who think they can say anything to anybody. It's a
sport folks. Get over it.
Exactly.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

« #28 : December 10, 2006, 07:17:04 PM »

I enjoy the games win or lose. But yeah that sucks i might have knocked him out if that was my son.  So what if he he's an Grads jersey. It shouldnt matter what player number he has on. A kid is wearing it and your not that drunk that you can say something like that to a kid. Just a shame.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #29 : December 10, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »

I would have said "Why would you say something like that to a child?" Then explained ina very loud voice to my some that some people speak before they think & say rude things that they shouldn't.

Nah, you should have called him an arsehole...

It would be responding to life with the truth. They are out there, you know. The arseholes.

Yeah but by doing that he is setting just as bad of an example to his son. 

He did the right thing by walking away.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3-10 does not allow you to be rude « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools