Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3-10 does not allow you to be rude « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 10, 2006, 07:23:10 PM

My daughter looked at the man, and she began to say something to him. I grabbed her forearm and turned her away. Perhaps, just perhaps, I should have let her continue. ;) It wouldn't have changed anything, however, and it would have been inappropriate to allow her to respond to negativity with negativity.
I would have said "Why would you say something like that to a child?" Then explained ina very loud voice to my some that some people speak before they think & say rude things that they shouldn't.

Nah, you should have called him an arsehole...

It would be responding to life with the truth. They are out there, you know. The arseholes.

Yeah but by doing that he is setting just as bad of an example to his son. 

He did the right thing by walking away.

I concur.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 10, 2006, 08:07:59 PM

Well, the guy is still an arsehole.

And I definitely would have called him one, and then left.  I am not saying start letting the fists fly, just saying calling an idiot an idiot...and THEN walking away.  It lets my son know that I won't take his shidt, nor anyone elses either...(if I had a son, that is)...

But either way, you win, because you leave without creating a ruckus. 

But that does stink that GF63 had to deal with that crap.  For that, I send my sympathies, but you sound like a great dad.  You took both kids to the game, your daughter is consoling the younger, and you left without creating a scene.

You are a good dad, 63.

#32 : December 10, 2006, 08:21:51 PM

I did not have time to read all the posts but I have a 4 year old little boy who I am looking forward to taking to a game some day when he is a little bit older. For some jerk A-Hole to say something like that is a showing sign of a true lack of class and intelligence and probably a few $8 beers. What a class A jerk! People, its just a game. Yeah it sucks that our team stinks this season but I feel they will be back next year. I have lived through 0-26 and I can live through this. Taking out frustrations on a little kid is TOTALLY un called for. I applaud the Father for not knocking the idiot's block off. YOU sir are a REAL MAN!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 10, 2006, 08:27:33 PM

Well, the guy is still an arsehole.

And I definitely would have called him one, and then left. I am not saying start letting the fists fly, just saying calling an idiot an idiot...and THEN walking away. It lets my son know that I won't take his shidt, nor anyone elses either...(if I had a son, that is)...

But either way, you win, because you leave without creating a ruckus.

But that does stink that GF63 had to deal with that crap. For that, I send my sympathies, but you sound like a great dad. You took both kids to the game, your daughter is consoling the younger, and you left without creating a scene.

You are a good dad, 63.

All true, and GF63 you have my sympathy for the hurt caused to your kids

And T, you really don't get it do you.  This is a thread that simply did not need your sarcasm or witless attempts at humor.  JMHO.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

watson

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 10, 2006, 08:35:05 PM

GF63,
My motto is posted below and today you did that to perfection.  As a parent it was more important that you didn't show your son that that type of behavior was something that you do and thus is acceptable.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

T

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 10, 2006, 09:07:06 PM

Consult the board before he buys a jersey? Why did he buy that jersey? Who the heck are
you to even ask those questions.

Who cares? The guy/kid can wear whatever jersey they he wants. I would never say anything to
anybody because of the jersey they were wearing.

Unfortunately, Tampa is filled with bozos who think they can say anything to anybody. It's a
sport folks. Get over it.
I was being sarcastic, I think everyone got the sarcasm except you and Helen Keller.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 10, 2006, 09:53:01 PM

I got your ill fitting sarcasm, it was ill thought out and should not have been a part of this thread.  There is a time to be sarcastic in hopes of getting a laugh.  This was not one of those, so if folks took you as being serious in this thread it is your fault, not theirs.  JMVHO.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Renegade

Rookie

#37 : December 10, 2006, 10:28:13 PM

Why did you buy your son a Gradkowski jersey?

Talk about missing the point! Wow!

Renegade

Rookie

#38 : December 10, 2006, 10:30:45 PM

My daughter looked at the man, and she began to say something to him. I grabbed her forearm and turned her away. Perhaps, just perhaps, I should have let her continue. ;) It wouldn't have changed anything, however, and it would have been inappropriate to allow her to respond to negativity with negativity.
I would have said "Why would you say something like that to a child?" Then explained ina very loud voice to my some that some people speak before they think & say rude things that they shouldn't.

Nah, you should have called him an arsehole...

It would be responding to life with the truth. They are out there, you know. The arseholes.

Yeah but by doing that he is setting just as bad of an example to his son.

He did the right thing by walking away.

Exactly! Testify, brother!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : December 10, 2006, 11:34:52 PM

You are a better man than I, I might have just punched the guy right in the face. What a load of crap, saying that stuff to a kid.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 11, 2006, 02:57:57 PM

He was better this morning. I'm still disappointed, however, and it will take me longer to forgive that man's behavior than it will my boy. My wife was watching television last night in bed. After she turned the television and lights off, I was still upset. Five minutes passed, "I'll tell you what I wish I would have done.." Five minutes passed, "I should have.." Ten minutes passed, "I can't believe that idiot!"  ;D I was talking to myself after about ten minutes, but I'm actually happy with my reaction. I don't think saying or doing anything would have solved the issue.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 11, 2006, 03:03:41 PM

Time does heal GF63 - let talk of it die and you will be doing both your son and youself good.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#42 : December 11, 2006, 03:07:08 PM

Honestly, I respect your restraint man. I would have beat the living **CENSORED** out of that guy for doing that, and I know I'm not the only one here who would either.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3-10 does not allow you to be rude « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools