Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN THE SECOND ROUND, THE BUCS TAKE WR JACKSON « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 26, 2008, 08:50:44 PM

Wait until he returns 3 kickoffs and 4 punt returns for scores...  Will see if they think it's a bad pick then!!!!!!

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 26, 2008, 08:52:16 PM

What happened to Allen and Gruden?  I thought after 2006 and 2007 successful drafts they would nail this one as well.

Who can say that they didn't?

I mean I can't even get excited about this draft.  They better hope Dexter Jackson turns out to be like Devin Hester...

I get excited about every draft, even if I disagree with the picks.

They got extensions and went braindead..

I'm glad your crystal ball is working so well. I don't have one, so I'll have to take your word on how bad this draft is. We'll touch base on it again in three years so you can validate your ball's prediction.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 26, 2008, 08:53:17 PM

I honestly can't make a judgment on Jackson, I haven't seen enough of him to form a legitimate opinion.

Now, that's just crazy talk!  Crazy talk!

:p

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 26, 2008, 08:53:34 PM

What happened to Allen and Gruden?  I thought after 2006 and 2007 successful drafts they would nail this one as well.

I mean I can't even get excited about this draft.  They better hope Dexter Jackson turns out to be like Devin Hester...

I'm sure Gruden and Allen are losing sleep that you aren't excited about the draft.

I cheered the pick. Yes, its a reach - but we didn't need a big receiver like Sweed or Manningham. We needed the smaller faster playmaking receiver in the Galloway mold that can strike fear in a defense.

I think the Bucs would have preferred to trade down again but couldn't find a partner. They didn't want to take the chance of losing out on him like they did Avery and Jackson.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 26, 2008, 08:54:26 PM

We'll get him involved with screens, revereses and such. He should have some sort of role beside special teams. I can see him being used like Galloway since Garcia is limited.

For a team that will spend a lot of time in 2-TE sets, I don't think there is going to be much opportunity for this guy to see the field

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 26, 2008, 08:55:00 PM

What happened to Allen and Gruden?  I thought after 2006 and 2007 successful drafts they would nail this one as well.

I mean I can't even get excited about this draft.  They better hope Dexter Jackson turns out to be like Devin Hester...

I'm sure Gruden and Allen are losing sleep that you aren't excited about the draft.

I cheered the pick. Yes, its a reach - but we didn't need a big receiver like Sweed or Manningham. We needed the smaller faster playmaking receiver in the Galloway mold that can strike fear in a defense.

I think the Bucs would have preferred to trade down again but couldn't find a partner. They didn't want to take the chance of losing out on him like they did Avery and Jackson.

How is he going to "strike fear" from the bench?

hatrick7

Practice Squad

#36 : April 26, 2008, 08:56:54 PM

In the biggest game in Appalachian State's history and the biggest upset in NCAA history, Dexter Jackson played huge.   

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 26, 2008, 08:59:02 PM

What happened to Allen and Gruden? I thought after 2006 and 2007 successful drafts they would nail this one as well.

I mean I can't even get excited about this draft. They better hope Dexter Jackson turns out to be like Devin Hester...

How is he going to "strike fear" from the bench?

He only needs 4-6 touches and will be  threat to score everytime...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 26, 2008, 08:59:24 PM

Well, he'll strike fear in the return game, for certain. Now...and I'm sure Jon will find some interesting was to use his speed.

Mayock thinks it was a great pick...and he's been right on so far.

I'd have to imagine the Buccaneers extensively scouted Jackson.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 26, 2008, 09:01:30 PM

Jackson has a legitmate shot to be the #3 WR this year. The guy is tough, fast and goes over the middle. If you can get him on a linebacker - he's going to win that battle every time.

This kid is going to make the offense much better - I bet Garcia is a happy man tonight.

Imagine Galloway and Jackson both on the field at the same time! Speed kills!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 26, 2008, 09:09:14 PM

i need to read up more on this guy.  he has great speed and i know he was huge against michigan but his college numbers weren't all that impressive. i think what happened was we saw the writing on the wall regarding the lack of 1st rd receivers so we figured we'd wait until the 2nd to land one.  when the 1st rd ended, all the top receivers were still available.  but perhaps we didn't anticipate such a heavy run on receivers in the 2nd rd.  we maybe liked Jackson in the 3rd or so but with the big run on 2nd rd receivers we went ahead and took Jax while we still could. 

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#41 : April 26, 2008, 09:13:37 PM

His size and lack of vertical is a legitimate concern. WRs that have succeeded at his size have all had 10+" on their leaping ability to help them compensate for lack of size.

He didn't play against great competition in college.

He also would've been there in 3rd/4th round, undoubtedly.

Reach pick, and I'm not too thrilled with it from a value standpoint. Football ain't a footrace.

skip

Starter

#42 : April 26, 2008, 09:14:12 PM

Maybe the third round for a small school project at best.  I am thinking Bruce Allen is lost in the war room, not impressed with his drafting ability at all.

LA BUC

Starter

#43 : April 26, 2008, 09:15:37 PM

He looked good on the underneath routes... He's number two or three WR right now.  Team speed.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#44 : April 26, 2008, 09:15:52 PM

yeah skip...im sure you could do much better
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: IN THE SECOND ROUND, THE BUCS TAKE WR JACKSON « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools