Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Ownership!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: October 09, 2006, 12:04:34 PM

"I am deeply disappointed at our being eliminated so early in the playoffs. This result is absolutely not acceptable to me nor to our great and loyal Yankee fans. I want to congratulate the Detroit Tigers organization and wish them well. Rest assured, we will go back to work immediately and try to right this sad failure and provide a championship for the Yankees, as is our goal every year."
-- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner

This is a comment from the owner of the Yankees AFTER they made the playoffs!!  They also have a coach who has won four world series and kept his team compeititive every year!  Are we to believe that the Glazers are so sold out to a coach that losing is an option regardless of the circumstances?  Gruden has brought us one Superbowl title and he had a great team and coaching staff to get this accomplished.  Now that this team is finally his, GM and all, these are the results we are seeing.  The ownership wants to win, and I'm telling everyone that if you don't think they are considering the possibility that Gruden can't get the job done, you are not in touch with reality.  He has had the time to bring in the talent, draft the talent, bring in the coaches, teach his "awesome" system, and these are the end results!  Everyone in this business is replacable, and unless a miracle happens, Gruden will not be with the Bucs at the end of this season; period.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 09, 2006, 12:09:04 PM

Yes everyone is replaceable but you have started three threads already trying to state your point.  Unfortunately you have yet to come out and say it.  You want Gruden fired.

The Glazers will do what they feel is best for the team and I would never question them as they have proven before they are not afraid of pulling the trigger.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 09, 2006, 12:12:16 PM

can you please fit all you Gruden bashing into one friken topic instead of starting ... what is it now ...  3 in the last 24 hours.  Nothing like a little spam huh.  Christ your annoying.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 09, 2006, 12:13:00 PM

Go away

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#4 : October 09, 2006, 12:15:45 PM

defense isn't gruden's. it is monte's defense. gruden was brought here to create offense which we have had. our defense can't stop anyone anymore.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 09, 2006, 12:16:00 PM

Bucsguru can stick around as long as he promises to stick with one thread.   ;) ;) ;)

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#6 : October 09, 2006, 12:17:51 PM

and the BASHING continues......

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 09, 2006, 12:18:41 PM

and the BASHING continues......

Considering the team is 0-4 I would say anyone is fair game at this point.

watson

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 09, 2006, 12:19:05 PM

There is another solution.  It is 50 miles closer from Bainbridge to Atlanta than it is from Bainbridge to Tampa.   You can be reunited with McKay and end your frustration with the current coaching staff.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

shall555

Starter

#9 : October 09, 2006, 12:21:41 PM

There's this thing called a salary cap which baseball doesn't have. Steinbrenner can hire and fire whomever he likes when you have a payroll of $194 million dollars. If you're not getting results with that kind of money, heads should roll. Bucs are spending in the middle of the pack.

Gruden also has had to work with a lot less. Four missing high draft picks. A salary cap that has been maxed out. An aging defense that is eating up most of that cap. QB instability. A worthless OL. A mediocre kicking game which cost us 2003. An overpaid UT, overpaid K (Gramatica), and under paid QB (Johnson) that sabotaged our cap for 2-3 years. WE ARE JUST NOW CLIMBING OUT OF THE HOLE THAT MCKAY DUG FOR US BEFORE HE LEFT.

Have patience the pieces on offense are slowly coming together and the defense will be purged and rebuilt next year. We will have $21 million under the cap, plus the purging of Booger and co. to add to that number. Firing Gruden now would be rash and ridiculous. WHO THE $%* WOULD YOU LIKE TO REPLACE HIM WITH?! ANOTHER RETREAD COACH? WE WOULD HAVE TO PURGE OUR ROSTER OF ALL THE PLAYERS THAT WE'VE ACQUIRED AND REBUILD ALL OVER AGAIN. [banghead]

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#10 : October 09, 2006, 12:23:46 PM

There's this thing called a salary cap which baseball doesn't have. Steinbrenner can hire and fire whomever he likes when you have a payroll of $194 million dollars. If you're not getting results with that kind of money, heads should roll. Bucs are spending in the middle of the pack.

Gruden also has had to work with a lot less. Four missing high draft picks. A salary cap that has been maxed out. An aging defense that is eating up most of that cap. QB instability. A worthless OL. A mediocre kicking game which cost us 2003. An overpaid UT, overpaid K (Gramatica), and under paid QB (Johnson) that sabotaged our cap for 2-3 years. WE ARE JUST NOW CLIMBING OUT OF THE HOLE THAT MCKAY DUG FOR US BEFORE HE LEFT.

Have patience the pieces on offense are slowly coming together and the defense will be purged and rebuilt next year. We will have $21 million under the cap, plus the purging of Booger and co. to add to that number. Firing Gruden now would be rash and ridiculous. WHO THE $%* WOULD YOU LIKE TO REPLACE HIM WITH?! ANOTHER RETREAD COACH? WE WOULD HAVE TO PURGE OUR ROSTER OF ALL THE PLAYERS THAT WE'VE ACQUIRED AND REBUILD ALL OVER AGAIN. [banghead]

we want DITKA!!!!!!   [banghead] ;D :D [banghead]

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 09, 2006, 12:24:02 PM

AllDaWay, when do you replace a coach?  I can see both sides on this one.  Bill Cowher has been with the Steelers for ten+ years and in return they have had two trips to the SB and have one title.  On the other side, Barry Switzer came to Dallas and won a SB title his second and final season with the team.  Gruden hasn't shown me that he deserves all of the acclaim he is receiving.  I say again, I have never seen a coach get more love from the fans than most of the actual players who play the game; it's incredible!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 09, 2006, 12:25:17 PM

Shalla555

You make a lot of good points.  With that said I do not have much of an issue with Gruden the OC.  His play calling is solid except when he in critical game situations (2:00 minute warning and 4th quarter).

As a head coach he has to be questioned though.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 09, 2006, 12:29:44 PM

AllDaWay, when do you replace a coach?  I can see both sides on this one.  Bill Cowher has been with the Steelers for ten+ years and in return they have had two trips to the SB and have one title.  On the other side, Barry Switzer came to Dallas and won a SB title his second and final season with the team.  Gruden hasn't shown me that he deserves all of the acclaim he is receiving.  I say again, I have never seen a coach get more love from the fans than most of the actual players who play the game; it's incredible!

Well if the Steelers have a losing season should the Steelers fire Cowher?  So far they are 1-3 in a division that is much improved and there are teams gunning them since they are the Super Bowl champs until dethroned.  Even the 0-4 Bucs may put up their best effort against the Steelers.

I do not think Gruden is a Switzer type of a coach beucase he has proven to be a good head coach in Oakland.  What Gruden's problem seems to be he needs to take a step back to progress again as a head coach.

It happened to BB when he was fired from Cleveland.  So when he became a head coach again he had learned from his mistakes.  Unfortunately if Gruden falters here I would not be suprised if he starts to win elsewhere.

But this is not about one individual.  This is about the Bucs franchise and the Glazers must decide is it worth starting from scratch with a new coaching staff or go with Gruden and his staff???

Tough decisions have to be made.

shall555

Starter

#14 : October 09, 2006, 12:41:41 PM

"You make a lot of good points.  With that said I do not have much of an issue with Gruden the OC.  His play calling is solid except when he in critical game situations (2:00 minute warning and 4th quarter).

As a head coach he has to be questioned though."

Gruden should be questioned. It's the right of every fan when we lose, but to get rid of him after this year would be ridiculous. We are just about to turn the corner. We've finally emerged from the mess that McKay left for us. Bruce Allen deserves a lot of credit, because the cap was a disaster, when he arrived. He prevented a Tennessee Titans type purging and we managed to hold on to our defense, a couple of years, longer than we should have and had a #1 ranking last year.

There is a lot to be optimistic about for next year. Every fan should be able to see it. We've got an offense that is going to be pretty damn good. A younger, faster defense, and defenses are a hell of a lot easier to rebuild than offenses. We will have a cupcake schedule and high draft picks. Look how much of an impact Caddy gave us last year. If we add a couple of players like him to the defensive side, we will be right back in the hunt. We should take a page from the Rooneys in Pittsburgh with the patience they had with Cowher. Stay the course and we will be rewarded for it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Ownership!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools