Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Ownership!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 09, 2006, 12:46:08 PM

I will stay the course if Gruden can keep this team from imploding.  give us five wins this season and I say he deserves another chance.  I'm not big on excuses; they are like butt-holes, everyone has one.  He needs to evolve and start winning with what he has, or I say we start over with a new coach, not a new defense.  He must learn not to be so me-minded.  This is about the team and "their" talents, not a system and how to revolutionize the offenses in the NFL.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 09, 2006, 12:53:26 PM

I agree that five wins and an improved offense will keep Gruden around. Failure at doing either may result in him being fired.

shall555

Starter

#17 : October 09, 2006, 12:55:48 PM

With this brutal schedule 5 wins is about all we can hope for. LOL.

This just isn't our year. When footballs bounce off defenders ankles in the endzone, leading to ints, and a QB loses his spleen. You know it's going to be a baaad year. A lot of it is out of Gruden's hands. The Football Gods demand repayment for last years flukey victories. That's how football is. Look at all the blessings the Saints have received this year, because of last year's misery! As long as this team fights hard all year, like they did yesterday. I will be satisfied with whatever their record ends up being, because good things will happen next year. They will be seasoned and surprise the hell out of a lot of people. Fans included.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 09, 2006, 01:47:18 PM

Gruden isn't perfect.  But in this age of salary cap, I personally feel the Glazers would be wiser to stick with Gruden for the stability he offers, and actually with Grads playing QB, his style of football actually may materialize as a winning deal.  We have a young but now promising offense and soon we will have a young a promising defense which will take at least 3 years to solidify into a unit with consistently high performance.

Do y'all recall when Sapp said in '01-'02 that we had to get it done (Super Bowl) then because after that the team will never be the same?  That was the writing on the wall.  He must have calculated age, salaries, caps, player talent etc and seen "This is it!".  The Bucs won the SB at the END of their cycle of excellence.  Had they won it 4-5 years earlier and then again in '02 everyone would have realized that the old Bucs are on their way out.

The Defense has been practically god-like here in Tampa, at least to me.  What we all hoped for was "just one more year." But we guessed wrong, to date, and hopefully that won't be as true going forward...but I think we all know that this is not the beginning of the end for Bucs defense as we've known it, it is the last scene of act three and the curtain in coming down end of this year.

That said, could there be more annoying people on these boards than  the misnamed Bucguru and his ilk.  Some people just live to be irritants.  Life sucks so badly for them that in order to feel alive they have to get under everyone's skin.  I guess it's a kind of sick power/control thing.  Like the kids who wants our attention and will even become obnoxious to get it...any attention for them is better than no attention at all.  This, I suppose, is an opportunity for the rest of us to practice good parenting skills.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#19 : October 09, 2006, 02:41:16 PM

Well said Ladyfan. Well said.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 09, 2006, 03:15:35 PM

Ok, another thread, another way of typing a response:
Clearly, obviously, those who are calling for Jon Gruden to be fired are stupid, uneducated feebs with nothing else to offer.
These posts and their typers are as annoying as they are repetitive.
Actually, they are jerkoffs and **CENSORED**-ups.
REALLY, they are **CENSORED**S!!!

Thanks and a hat tip! Move along.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#21 : October 09, 2006, 04:45:15 PM

One question...How can you be a Guru when you're not even a Pewter Report Insider?

#22 : October 09, 2006, 05:33:13 PM

One question...How can you be a Guru when you're not even a Pewter Report Insider?
maybe he has his own source? Hell I don't have any subscriptions for Rays info but I do have sources inside and out of the organization who give me info ahead of time or give me info I shouldn't know period.

#23 : October 09, 2006, 05:36:04 PM

When people ask for Gru to be canned, or even hint at it, offer up some potential replacement candidates.

Right now, I cannot think of anyone else I'd want running this team.

Does Gru piss me off at times?  You bet your ass he does.  But the long and short of it all is:  who else do you bring in that is available?

watson

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 09, 2006, 05:46:42 PM

When people ask for Gru to be canned, or even hint at it, offer up some potential replacement candidates.

Right now, I cannot think of anyone else I'd want running this team.

Does Gru piss me off at times? You bet your ass he does. But the long and short of it all is: who else do you bring in that is available?

I agree.  I hate to see the Bucs lose.  I usually can't even eat after the game, but I like this management and coaching teams and I can't think of anyone out there that could do any better.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

rombarrone

Starter

#25 : October 09, 2006, 05:52:40 PM

defense isn't gruden's. it is monte's defense. gruden was brought here to create offense which we have had. our defense can't stop anyone anymore.

What planet have you been watching the games from. Or should I ask through what rose colored glasses. "Gruden was brought here to create offense which we have had." You know what maybe we should fire him then. Our offense hasn't won us a solid game since 2003. You have to be kidding. We have no O-line, never had a truly strong passing game or QB (maybe not till now hopfully) not to mention the o-line again. Please, you take away Joey and Caddy and we have nothing to show for since 2002. I don't meen to personaly attack you but that statement is so off base. Our defense is what has won us games. Current overall O ranking is 26, last year 23, 2004 23, 2003 10 and 2002 25. Enough said.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 09, 2006, 06:04:17 PM

does this happen each week after  we loss dammmmmm stop it please :D :D

#27 : October 10, 2006, 12:20:25 AM

Considering the team is 0-4 I would say anyone is fair game at this point.

Damn right!!!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 10, 2006, 12:46:42 AM

I think the only people with firing gruden on their minds are the fcuking morons who inhibit this board that IMO has gone to trash in the last year and a half

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 10, 2006, 01:11:48 AM

Yes, the times when I could read good arguements on this board without having someone bash another is gone (aside from some of you vets inside jokes). As an offensive coach, Gruden is about as good as you can get in the NFL. My issue with him is what seems to be loyalty to ineffective staff.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Attention Ownership!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools