Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow....Never seen this much..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 27, 2008, 09:03:32 AM

Zell, I think there's more of it because there's more people here now. But we always have the couch potato experts who buy some draft magazines and watch some highlight reels and believe they know more than the scouts who have been watching these players all year or our coaches who spent hours and hours pouring over coaching tape.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 27, 2008, 12:05:28 PM

I decline to the experts    ( ALLEN AND GRU AND STAFF, and even they are wrong sometimes, and no one hits them all............NO ONE DOES

The key is to hit on more than you don't..... haven't seen them do that yet.

I'm just curious as to how you know that.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 27, 2008, 12:04:23 PM

If you're going to whine, at least wait a few years to see how these players pan out.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 27, 2008, 12:50:37 PM

If you're going to whine, at least wait a few years to see how these players pan out.

Actually joe, mine couldn't really have been described as a whine - more of an all out meltdown.

Yes, I see the kid's character and I must admit that it does appear he's matured (yes-I'm saying it appears I was wrong about his character). And it isn't that I had any favorites - I just thought there were so many opportunities for value here...I would have prefered just about anybody else that got picked behind him (Mendenhall, Jones, Johnson, Merling or Avery - to name a few of the playmakers I was thinking about).

So, no, I didn't think I was smarter than the Bucs because I had a guy I wanted - I several I thought were good fits at #20...I don't think Aqib Talib was the BPA - do you? Did ANYONE in this conversation really have Aqib Talib as the BPA....? Sure someone could have made a case that Talib was the best corner available - but B-PLAYER-A? I don't think so...

Now I just saw that we got Dre Moore in the 4th round so It's getting better (what was the Zuttah pick about?)!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 27, 2008, 01:27:32 PM

you can't even get excited about this draft.  In 2006, the Bucs made good selections of Joseph, Trueblood, Stovall, Zemietis.  Many thought that Joseph was a reach, but still we were excited about building the lines with Stovall and Zemietis being possible steals.  In 2007, we landed Adams, Sears, Piscitelli, Black, and Jackson.  Aside from the Black pick, I dont think anyone really questioned them.  This draft just makes you ponder.  Their best pick by far was DT Dre Moore.  I wasn't too upset with Aqib Talib b/c he isn't a bad player.  The worst move on them was acquiring an extra 5th and 7th to move down in the 2nd round and miss out on Limas Sweed, Brian Brohm, Queton Groves, Ray Rice, and Chad Henne.  We then select Dexter Jackson.  He's fast, but honestly, I was more upset with them trading down to acquire an extra 5th and miss out on potentially much better players.  Our 3rd round pick was an absolute joke.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 28, 2008, 12:52:24 AM

While I obviously agree with on some in this draft - regarding the 2008 the Zemeitis and Stovall picks turned out to be... not so good...one is out and the other can't crack the starting line-up of a very weak group of WR's.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow....Never seen this much..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools