Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where we stand... « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 09:22:52 AM

ATL had one sack today.  It was a big one but Bruce held it too long.

Add a decent C and get Buenning back at LG and this line is ok.  The run blocking needs to improve.

Easier to get a new O-line coach than bring in more players for Muir to screw up.  The Saints have a patchwork line and that has worked great.

Listen to JG's post game and you'll see exactly how well the OL played today. I think Gruden is less concerned with sacks than with the total inability to run the ball. He seems a lot less happy with this year's version of the line than last years and while sacks are down rush yardage is way down and that drives him nuts.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : December 11, 2006, 09:15:21 AM

We need Mahan playing center and Buennig to stay healthy.. ohh and can Muir.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2006, 09:13:19 AM

The players have talent and 3 of the 5 are young players and can only get better. Get a better offensive line coach in there and they'll be better. Muir is a joke!

Joseph is the real deal, but he is the only O-lineman we have got that will ever sniff a pro-bowl.  Davis is a liability, especially if we have a righthanded QB.  We need a new LT and C before this line will be able to get the run game going and protect the QB. 

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 11, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

The players have talent and 3 of the 5 are young players and can only get better. Get a better offensive line coach in there and they'll be better. Muir is a joke!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2006, 06:33:23 AM

Add a decent C and get Buenning back at LG and this line is ok.  The run blocking needs to improve.

Easier to get a new O-line coach than bring in more players for Muir to screw up.  The Saints have a patchwork line and that has worked great.

I agree.  Best way to upgrade the entire o-line is to bring in a new o-line coach or let Kromer take over.  Then consider adding an OT and a guard through the draft for competition and depth and bring in a free agent that can play center.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 10, 2006, 06:20:15 PM

Honestly...while we have holes on D, I still think our offense is way worse than our D is. I don't think Grads is the answer anymore and our O-Line still has major issues. The only guy that I think will end up as a decent player is Joseph. The rest can be replaced in my opinion.

I think this offseason, we need to spend a lot of money on finally rebuilding that O-Line. Shoot...if you can dominate up front and have a good running game, you can get by with average receivers.

I do think we need to draft a safety and a couple D-Lineman, but I can live with our LBs. They may not be what they used to be, but I still think Quarles, Brooks, Nece, and Ruud can get the job done. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs move Quarles back outside and dropping Nece to a backup position.

If I am the Bucs, I try to sign 2-3 O-Lineman and draft one. The Bucs need to also sign a free agent safety and draft one. I think we are ok at CB for one more season if Kelly comes back healthy. I can live with our LBs if we upgrade our D-Line. We need to either sign or draft at least one DE and DT that can force one of our current starters to the bench at both positions. We need one more weapon at WR. He doesn't have to be a Galloway, but he needs to be a solid #2 WR that won't drop balls and can make the occasional big play so it's not just all Galloway. Last, we need a QB. I don't care if it's Simms, another free agent, or a rookie that we draft or a combination. We need someone who can make some plays and be dependable. With a good O-Line, running game and a strong D, we don't need a Manning, but we haven't even gotten a Dilfer...lol.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 10, 2006, 06:21:50 PM

Didn't Joseph say something to the effect of I can't wait to open huge holes for Caddy to run through?

Sad, really.

And Davis was a whipping post out there.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 10, 2006, 06:40:46 PM

I didn't see how well he played, but he is a rookie. We have a high pick invested in him and he has shown enough to warrant him being able to stay here. Trueblood on the other hand has not shown me much and the other guys on the team aren't NFL starting caliber linemen.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 10, 2006, 11:24:34 PM

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : December 10, 2006, 11:28:35 PM

In answer to the thread question---in a VERY big hole.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where we stand... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools